• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Go on the record on contact tracing apps

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Go on the record on contact tracing apps on your phone.

Before your "side" tells you what to think, let us know if you are for or against contact tracing for covid-19 apps on your phone?

Should they be mandatory or voluntary?

Is it against your rights as an American?

Are you for or against contact tracing apps?
S/B voluntary and I’ll not be having one on my phone. Every opportunity the government (and political hacks) get... they seek more power, more reach into our lives. EVERYONE needs to say NO to the control freaks.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
S/B voluntary and I’ll not be having one on my phone. Every opportunity the government (and political hacks) get... they seek more power, more reach into our lives. EVERYONE needs to say NO to the control freaks.
sadly. it is already in place..

your phone pings precisely where you are..all day.. every day..

:)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
People who test positive for HIV have a responsibility to inform their sexual partners. It's HIV contact tracing.
Yet, there's articles all over the net where the HIV guy doesn't tell his partners...…..actually try to spread it with as many partners as possible.

Better idea, don't be sticking it in males...……….

RickWA

Snagglesooth
use maps? youre tracked

find my phone, on APple.. tracked

look up news.. tracked..
One can disable the gps feature. One can disable the cellular function. One can re-enable if/when he wants...effectively rendering his device a send...rather than receive tool (much like lefties in this forum). :)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
One can disable the gps feature. One can disable the cellular function. One can re-enable if/when he wants...effectively rendering his device a send...rather than receive tool (much like lefties in this forum). :)
there's still data packets and all that.. much like this site. or any site..

just pop a brwser on your phone....something somewhere know where yu are within fifty feet.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
there's still data packets and all that.. much like this site. or any site..

just pop a brwser on your phone....something somewhere know where yu are within fifty feet.
yes - and I know it's a ridiculous game of dancing with your "settings" constantly, but privacy can be maintained if one so chooses. Mandated apps are positively a non-starter for me.

Never. Going. To. Happen.

Spamature

President

Before your "side" tells you what to think, let us know if you are for or against contact tracing for covid-19 apps on your phone?

You phone's operating system already spies on you. You basically signed away that right to privacy when you set it up and agreed to terms in the EULA.
The writing was on the wall that there would come just such an emergency that would justified that data spigot being turn on for the govt instead of it just being the province of private enterprise pursuits.

It can only be voluntary. You can't be forced to own a phone capable of using a tracking app, nor can you be forced to carry it with you. Since you signed over that privacy to a private company the question is can the govt force them to divulge the information. Your rights as an American aren't even part of the equation anymore.

I believe the could be the single most useful tool available in stemming the spread of this virus. While also being the among the most dangerous rights we could possible give the government and private industry. But that all comes down to the who, what, why, how, when, and where of it.

Against. I think it's a gigantic invasion of privacy and I frankly do not trust the Government to use this information for public health only.

Yet, there's articles all over the net where the HIV guy doesn't tell his partners...…..actually try to spread it with as many partners as possible.
Yea, those people are charged with serious crimes.
People who are spreading COVID through their negligence should be charged with wanton endangerment or maybe attempted murder.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yea, those people are charged with serious crimes.
People who are spreading COVID through their negligence should be charged with wanton endangerment or maybe attempted murder.
many don't have symptoms of C-19, you going to lock then away?