• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Going to be many hungry and starving people

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I only recently learned China owns Smithfield Foods company. They own almost 200,000 acres of farmland in USA. Foreign nationals shouldn't be allowed subsidies at all.

China is buying up American farms. Washington wants to crack down.
Bipartisan pressure is building to stop foreign nationals from purchasing American farm operations and receiving taxpayer subsidies.

“America cannot allow China to control our food supply,” Pence said Wednesday during a speech at the conservative Heritage Foundation, urging President Joe Biden and Congress to “end all farm subsidies for land owned by foreign nationals.”

Chinese firms have expanded their presence in American agriculture over the last decade by snapping up farmland and purchasing major agribusinesses, like pork processing giant Smithfield Foods. By the start of 2020, Chinese owners controlled about 192,000 agricultural acres in the U.S., worth $1.9 billion, including land used for farming, ranching and forestry, according to the Agriculture Department.

Scrutiny of foreign-owned agricultural operations receiving taxpayer subsidies has also been rising in recent years after meatpacking conglomerates like the U.S. subsidiary of Brazilian-owned JBS received millions of dollars under the Trump administration’s trade bailout starting in 2018.

Smithfield was also in line to receive money from the program, which was created to help U.S. farmers strung by trade retaliation from China and other competitors. But the company backed out of its contract with USDA after an outcry from lawmakers led by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

China is buying up American farms. Washington wants to crack down. - POLITICO

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I only recently learned China owns Smithfield Foods company. They own almost 200,000 acres of farmland in USA. Foreign nationals shouldn't be allowed subsidies at all.

China is buying up American farms. Washington wants to crack down.
Bipartisan pressure is building to stop foreign nationals from purchasing American farm operations and receiving taxpayer subsidies.

“America cannot allow China to control our food supply,” Pence said Wednesday during a speech at the conservative Heritage Foundation, urging President Joe Biden and Congress to “end all farm subsidies for land owned by foreign nationals.”

Chinese firms have expanded their presence in American agriculture over the last decade by snapping up farmland and purchasing major agribusinesses, like pork processing giant Smithfield Foods. By the start of 2020, Chinese owners controlled about 192,000 agricultural acres in the U.S., worth $1.9 billion, including land used for farming, ranching and forestry, according to the Agriculture Department.

Scrutiny of foreign-owned agricultural operations receiving taxpayer subsidies has also been rising in recent years after meatpacking conglomerates like the U.S. subsidiary of Brazilian-owned JBS received millions of dollars under the Trump administration’s trade bailout starting in 2018.

Smithfield was also in line to receive money from the program, which was created to help U.S. farmers strung by trade retaliation from China and other competitors. But the company backed out of its contract with USDA after an outcry from lawmakers led by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

China is buying up American farms. Washington wants to crack down. - POLITICO
China bought Smithfield many years back and I haven't bought their products since and no way should out government have allowed China to buy up America. Get this, they were slaughtering the higs here, shipping them to China to be processed and sent back so it's no idea what USA is getting.

IMO, there's going to be people hungry and starving w/out farmland

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Bird Flu fixing to decrease earnings and increase cost of chicken........there's such a demand for Wings menus have Wings at Market Price..........everything at grocery store was up over 8% in March and many stores shelves empty.

Americans are big eaters and wasters of food

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Bird Flu fixing to decrease earnings and increase cost of chicken........there's such a demand for Wings menus have Wings at Market Price..........everything at grocery store was up over 8% in March and many stores shelves empty.

Americans are big eaters and wasters of food
Good points.
Waste not, want not! :)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It's shocking of how much food is thrown away and much of it usuable
I agree. I always think of children starving, in those really poor countries and it makes me think twice/reconsider before wasting food.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I agree. I always think of children starving, in those really poor countries and it makes me think twice/reconsider before wasting food.
There and in USA also, many live out of grocery store dumpsters and it's why my huntclub always found families in need and harvested deer for them

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
That's a hunger problem some are seen dealing/coping with on a daily basis.

Kudos to you and your hunt club for all the ways you help feed those in need of food.