• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Good for the NRA! Two thumbs-up!

degsme

Council Member
Yes and? Its the NRA that really caused Fast and Furious (without the NRA's advocated unregulated private gun sales it would never have happened) and LaPierre's (you do know that in french the word means "the Stoned one") self-immolation is hardly going to do well.

Good luck with that.

Yes and? Its the NRA that really caused Fast and Furious (without the NRA's advocated unregulated private gun sales it would never have happened) and LaPierre's (you do know that in french the word means "the Stoned one") self-immolation is hardly going to do well.

Good luck with that.
It wasn't the unregulated gun sales (which by the way does not exist to any great extent). It was an out of control government enity with the ok of an out of control executive selling firearms to known criminals (drug and himan smugglers) that was behind Fast and Furious. WHEN LEFTISTS LIE, PEOPLE DIE.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Got any evidence that "known" criminals were allowed to buy guns? You guys can't be trusted. The fact is that fast and furious was about straw buyers, legal buyers who were then either reselling the guns or smuggling them into Mexico.

Unregulated gun sales don't exist? Depends on the meaning of "unregulated". Can you buy a gun without a background check? Yes. I don't know what that might have to do with F&F, but the NRA has definitely fought any attempt to force background checks on gun sales from a private seller. In fact in the shooting at Columbine three of the four guns were sold to a straw buyer (Klebold's girl friend) without a background check. A forth gun was also sold without a background check and the seller went to jail for a sale to a minor. He should have gone to jail as an accomplise to murder, since he armed the murderer.

Got any evidence that "known" criminals were allowed to buy guns? You guys can't be trusted. The fact is that fast and furious was about straw buyers, legal buyers who were then either reselling the guns or smuggling them into Mexico.

Unregulated gun sales don't exist? Depends on the meaning of "unregulated". Can you buy a gun without a background check? Yes. I don't know what that might have to do with F&F, but the NRA has definitely fought any attempt to force background checks on gun sales from a private seller. In fact in the shooting at Columbine three of the four guns were sold to a straw buyer (Klebold's girl friend) without a background check. A forth gun was also sold without a background check and the seller went to jail for a sale to a minor. He should have gone to jail as an accomplise to murder, since he armed the murderer.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[2][3] between 2006[4] and 2011.[2][5] These operations were done under the umbrella of Project Gunrunner, a project intended to stem the flow of firearms into Mexico by interdicting straw purchasers and gun traffickers within the United States.[6] "Gun walking" or "letting guns walk" was a tactic whereby the ATF "purposely allowed licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers, hoping to track the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders."[7]]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

Want more?

ORR

If you give two thumbs up to the NRA, they'll think it's an obscene hand gesture, and shoot your thumbs off.

I wouldn't do that, if I were you.

trapdoor

Governor

Good luck with that.
The NRA conducts gun sales? That's news to me, and I've been a life member for a decade. In any case, "Fast and Furious" didn't investigate private, unregulated gun sales. It investigated sales by dealers to suspecious individuals, to the extent it did any investigation at all.

My translatoin of La Pierre is "the Rock" -- but I assume it's subject to other interpretations. "Pierre a Fleche" (a site in Missouri) translates to "Arrow Rock," just for example.

TomFitz

Mayor
It wasn't the unregulated gun sales (which by the way does not exist to any great extent).
Yet another blatantly false claim by a gun enthusiast..... The general concensus is that 40% of the guns used in crimes in the US were obtained using the "gun show loophole" in transactions that were perfectly legal. It is perfectly legal for gun dealers in New Mexico to give volume discounts for sales of large numbers of semi automatic weapons which will then be passed on to the cartels in illegal straw man purchases. The laws are (deliberately) so weak that few straw man purchases are ever prosecuted because its so difficult to bring a case.

TomFitz

Mayor
It's a pretty distinguished list. Did you think that the NRA listing them was some sort of desirable intimidation tactic?

NCmusicman

Governor
Here are the hypocritical Hollywood stars showing their educational gun skills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcztgO8jklo

NRA releases massive list of companies, celebrities and journalists who support gun control
These organizations lent their name in support of specific campaigns to pass anti-gun legislation

Read more: http://www.schnittshow.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=10676222#ixzz2HJMEPLx9

View attachment 4852View attachment 4852

NCmusicman

Governor
Gas when up drastically in the last 2 weeks... guess you don't get out much. Obama doubled gas prices and his punishment is hitting the poor people the most. Sad that liberals approve of it.

Clearly this is your latest obsession right NC? Btw.. we need to know whether you are still finding stations with gas over 3 bucks.. not many of them left! ;-)

Bo-4

Senator
Gas when up drastically in the last 2 weeks... guess you don't get out much. Obama doubled gas prices and his punishment is hitting the poor people the most. Sad that liberals approve of it.
I get out plenty.. $2.85 when i filled up this weekend. Wonder why their dropping drastically everywhere but North Carolina?

I get out plenty.. $2.85 when i filled up this weekend. Wonder why their dropping drastically everywhere but North Carolina?
I filled up my car at $2.79 a gallon just a few days ago. I won't need gas again until some point in March, probably.

Council Member

Anyone who owns a gun and it is used in a crime and the owner has not reported it as stolen should be held to the same punishment as the person who committed the crime.
Why does a car have to be registered and plates bought, why do you have to have insurance?
That is one thing I think everyone should have to have to own a gun, an insurance policy that protects the public from his use in an unsafe or accidental way. The more guns you own the more you pay as premium, and the more problems you have or the ownership of weapons, that are shown to cause the most damage the higher price a policy would cost. Anyone who is does not have proof of insurance would be subject to jail time or a fine or both.