• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Great jobs report?

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
1. When did the government shut down oil production? Oh...they didn't. In fact, oil production decreased by around 30% in march 2020. It is now back to within a million barrels per day of 2019 production.

2. There are jobs. We can't find workers. Pandemic unemployment money already ended.
Poor word selection on my part. Oil production wasn't shut down, but, scaled way back from it's peak. And while this administration has reduced oil production in this country, they opened the strategic reserves for the Chinese company that Hunter invested in and went to beg the Saudis to increase their production while refusing to approve drilling permits in this country. The Biden Administration is doing all they can (except allowing domestic drilling) to lower gas prices leading into November...then will allow prices to skyrocket again.

As far as not being able to find workers, pandemic unemployment ended, but, the welfare programs attached to the pandemic are still in full force...increased food stamps, increased child tax credits, increased EITC, increased Obama care.

Spin as much as you want, use manipulated statistics as much as you want, and tow the party line as much as you want...the majority of Americans, correctly, believe what they see, not the lies and garbage they hear.

We'll see what happens in November.

God of War

Governor
So...we had a "strong jobs report" today according to the media and this administration...so lets look at some numbers from the Department of Labor, shall we?

The January 2020 unemployment rate sat at 3.6% and the Labor Force Participation Rate was 63.4%.

The most recent reports for July 2022 claims 3.6% unemployment and the Labor Force Participation Rate is 62.1%.

So, we're being told over 500k jobs were created, we have 1.3% less people in Labor Force Participation, and the Unemployment rate is the same. Maybe the same people explaining that wages increasing by 5% are better off while experiencing 9% inflation can put their spin on how these numbers add up.
They are using their numbers to justify increasing illegal immigration by calling it economic immigration.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Poor word selection on my part. Oil production wasn't shut down, but, scaled way back from it's peak. And while this administration has reduced oil production in this country, they opened the strategic reserves for the Chinese company that Hunter invested in and went to beg the Saudis to increase their production while refusing to approve drilling permits in this country. The Biden Administration is doing all they can (except allowing domestic drilling) to lower gas prices leading into November...then will allow prices to skyrocket again.

As far as not being able to find workers, pandemic unemployment ended, but, the welfare programs attached to the pandemic are still in full force...increased food stamps, increased child tax credits, increased EITC, increased Obama care.

Spin as much as you want, use manipulated statistics as much as you want, and tow the party line as much as you want...the majority of Americans, correctly, believe what they see, not the lies and garbage they hear.

We'll see what happens in November.
Oil companies scaled back production, not either the Trump or Biden administrations. They reacted to the drop in demand. As demand increased in 2021 they did not ramp up as quickly as they should have. If you were right, that Biden had anything to do with reducing oil production...why don't production numbers show it? Production has increased every month since January 2021.

The Chinese company that bid on oil from the SPR got less than 1 million barrels at a higher price than what the market currently is. Exxon got the most in that sale.
As far as I know, Hunter Biden doesn't have any investment in that Chinese oil company, having sold his shares long ago.

By the way....the EITC, food stamps, tax credits...do not replace an income. You seem to imply that someone can live off of tax credits and food stamps.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
Oil companies scaled back production, not either the Trump or Biden administrations. They reacted to the drop in demand. As demand increased in 2021 they did not ramp up as quickly as they should have. If you were right, that Biden had anything to do with reducing oil production...why don't production numbers show it? Production has increased every month since January 2021.

The Chinese company that bid on oil from the SPR got less than 1 million barrels at a higher price than what the market currently is. Exxon got the most in that sale.
As far as I know, Hunter Biden doesn't have any investment in that Chinese oil company, having sold his shares long ago.

By the way....the EITC, food stamps, tax credits...do not replace an income. You seem to imply that someone can live off of tax credits and food stamps.
This debate between you and I has reached the point of absolutely unproductive and I have deer scouting cameras to go check. Nothing you say will change my mind and vice versa.

And, you still refuse to explain how the January 2020 numbers versus the July 2022 numbers I provided in my OP show any type of accuracy with what Resident OBiden's cronies are trying to sell to an electorate that aren't buying.

I'm finished discussing this topic with you.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
1. When did the government shut down oil production? Oh...they didn't. In fact, oil production decreased by around 30% in march 2020. It is now back to within a million barrels per day of 2019 production.

2. There are jobs. We can't find workers. Pandemic unemployment money already ended.
1. Not so much "shut down" as it is "squeezing the life out of it." No new areas being tapped, thanks to Brandon's "working it (fossil fuels) out" It should be a million barrels MORE than 2019.

2. There are plenty jobless people, they just make more not working.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
This debate between you and I has reached the point of absolutely unproductive and I have deer scouting cameras to go check. Nothing you say will change my mind and vice versa.

And, you still refuse to explain how the January 2020 numbers versus the July 2022 numbers I provided in my OP show any type of accuracy with what Resident OBiden's cronies are trying to sell to an electorate that aren't buying.

I'm finished discussing this topic with you.
You've ignored the facts related to the pandemic...you were finished as soon as you pretended those were not facts.

Raoul_Luke

Funny..but that is exactly the problem.
As if you would know. We have serious supply chain issues, and to you the answer is anything but supply side economics. Stick to coding because you don't know sh*t from shinola when it comes to economics.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. Not so much "shut down" as it is "squeezing the life out of it." No new areas being tapped, thanks to Brandon's "working it (fossil fuels) out" It should be a million barrels MORE than 2019.

2. There are plenty jobless people, they just make more not working.
1. Areas that were previously producing a million more barrels per day in 2019 have not been returned to previous production. The CEO of Occidental told you why. You continue to ignore the profits of the oil companies....they like those high prices.

2. How are they making more not working? Pandemic extension and higher payments ended.

We continue to get Unemployment claims from people who haven't worked for us for a year. They are denied 100% of the time. Claiming a fear of Covid is no longer considered a valid argument. So what is the source of income you think people have to fall back on? We are down to 9 employees now...and have adds in multiple places...our starting wage is $15 per hour and we are competing against companies like McDonalds or Buffalo Wild Wings who are paying $16.50...to start. We interview, make an offer and they don't show up for their first day...because they got a higher offer.

Supply and demand.

EatTheRich

President
The most effective tool for inflation is prevention. The cost of all goods rises and falls in direct proportion to the cost of transporting those goods. When this administration promised to end fossil fuels and sunk the first dagger by shutting down domestic production of oil, they started the painful climb of inflationary impact in this country and effectively cut wages in this country by 5%. Couple that with shoveling taxpayer money into the pockets of non-producers and we end up in the position we see ourselves now...manipulated unemployment numbers, a lower LFPR, and an "increase" in jobs that's no increase at all versus what the county had in January of 2020. Putting people back to work in vacated positions is not creation. It's like putting $5 in a slot machine and winning $4 ...you didn't win $4, you lost $1.
When Biden took office the U.S. was already poised for inflation due to decades of tax cuts, deficit spending, and printing money under Bush, Obama, and Trump. Since U.S. oil production is up under Biden, the idea that he has some vendetta against the oil industry which is hampering transport is nonsense.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
When Biden took office the U.S. was already poised for inflation due to decades of tax cuts, deficit spending, and printing money under Bush, Obama, and Trump. Since U.S. oil production is up under Biden, the idea that he has some vendetta against the oil industry which is hampering transport is nonsense.
Not even liberal economist believe one word of any of that drivel or the cherry picked bullshit statistics Biden's administration and his media lapdog spew. Poke your head back in the sand...

write on

Senator
Not even liberal economist believe one word of any of that drivel or the cherry picked bullshit statistics Biden's administration and his media lapdog spew. Poke your head back in the sand...
You know that that's a lie.

I love to watch a right winger squirm.

You're afraid of the midterms, aren't you?

Shhhh

lol

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Great, according to how one looks at it

Top economist don't see it a Great as PJ leftist Trolls

Raoul_Luke

1. Areas that were previously producing a million more barrels per day in 2019 have not been returned to previous production. The CEO of Occidental told you why. You continue to ignore the profits of the oil companies....they like those high prices.

2. How are they making more not working? Pandemic extension and higher payments ended.

We continue to get Unemployment claims from people who haven't worked for us for a year. They are denied 100% of the time. Claiming a fear of Covid is no longer considered a valid argument. So what is the source of income you think people have to fall back on? We are down to 9 employees now...and have adds in multiple places...our starting wage is $15 per hour and we are competing against companies like McDonalds or Buffalo Wild Wings who are paying $16.50...to start. We interview, make an offer and they don't show up for their first day...because they got a higher offer.

Supply and demand.
1. Got data? Ever heard of "depletion?"
2. So unemployment is the only welfare program? Many are on SSDI - my nephew is one of them. There is nothing wrong with him - he claims he is too OCD to hold a job. It's not always "more money" but rather "money for nothing" that keeps people out of the work force.

So there's a ton of people filing frivolous UC claims but there's no one who needs a job bad enough to accept your $15 an hour? Doesn't make sense.