• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Great jobs report?

So...we had a "strong jobs report" today according to the media and this administration...so lets look at some numbers from the Department of Labor, shall we?

The January 2020 unemployment rate sat at 3.6% and the Labor Force Participation Rate was 63.4%.

The most recent reports for July 2022 claims 3.6% unemployment and the Labor Force Participation Rate is 62.1%.

So, we're being told over 500k jobs were created, we have 1.3% less people in Labor Force Participation, and the Unemployment rate is the same. Maybe the same people explaining that wages increasing by 5% are better off while experiencing 9% inflation can put their spin on how these numbers add up.
From a purely political point of view, I think you are going to hard to convincing people that the jobs report was bad.

Don't overcomplicate things. People that want jobs have jobs.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
From a purely political point of view, I think you are going to hard to convincing people that the jobs report was bad.

It's pretty simple really - what was the bigger number, the "increase" in jobs or the (positive) "seasonal adjustment?"

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

As posted and proven many of the job report has many taken second jobs for the numbers to be as reported. How great is it when the job taken that to get there during high gas takes majority of your income?

Especially when dems just passed a bill to raise taxes on everyone and even your savior (Obama) said never raise taxes during a recession!

FLASHBACK: Obama Says You Don't Raise Taxes In A Recession - YouTube

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. Got data? Ever heard of "depletion?"
2. So unemployment is the only welfare program? Many are on SSDI - my nephew is one of them. There is nothing wrong with him - he claims he is too OCD to hold a job. It's not always "more money" but rather "money for nothing" that keeps people out of the work force.

So there's a ton of people filing frivolous UC claims but there's no one who needs a job bad enough to accept your $15 an hour? Doesn't make sense.
So suddenly...in march 2020...we have a 30% drop in oil production because of depletion? Bullshit.

Do you have any stats on SSDI to show some giant increase in applicants

So why would someone not be counted as part of the labor force? Because they've retired. I know a number of people who have happily retired early.

Did you know that the LFPR in Mar/April 2020 was 60.2? In July 2021 it was 61.7....
Let's see. Was anything going on then that could have caused this? Hmmmm

reason10

Governor
So why would someone not be counted as part of the labor force? Because they've retired. I know a number of people who have happily retired early.

Did you know that the LFPR in Mar/April 2020 was 60.2? In July 2021 it was 61.7....
Excuse me, but once again you have it wrong. (Gee, no surprise there.)

Joe PAID workers to quit their jobs for a government check. That is what caused this RECORD HIGHEST INFLATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

Why would someone give up that government check and go back to work? Hence the faux job numbers.

President Trump (THE LAST LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT) used tax policy to bring in manufacturing jobs from the FAR EAST. In other words, REAL JOBS.

No Democrat in history has ever done anything so impressive, job wise.

No matter how you pathetically try to spin it, Joe is the worst president in history and America is in a self inflicted RECESSION thanks to him and the Democrats.

And the Democrats are going to LOSE Congress this fall.

reason10

Governor

Thanks to Joe, TOO MANY PEOPLE do not want jobs. That created the supply chain crisis.

The TRILLIONS in new dollars Joe spent created
TOO MANY DOLLARS CHASING TOO FEW GOODS.

1659978665129.png

Find someone with an education to 'splain this to you.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Excuse me, but once again you have it wrong. (Gee, no surprise there.)

Joe PAID workers to quit their jobs for a government check. That is what caused this RECORD HIGHEST INFLATION IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

Why would someone give up that government check and go back to work? Hence the faux job numbers.

President Trump (THE LAST LEGALLY ELECTED PRESIDENT) used tax policy to bring in manufacturing jobs from the FAR EAST. In other words, REAL JOBS.

No Democrat in history has ever done anything so impressive, job wise.

No matter how you pathetically try to spin it, Joe is the worst president in history and America is in a self inflicted RECESSION thanks to him and the Democrats.

And the Democrats are going to LOSE Congress this fall.
Where do you go to to sign up for those government checks?

Trump used tax policy to double the national deficit.

Your opinion that Biden was not legally elected runs into AG Barr telling Trump the election wasn't stolen. Judges in 61 lawsuits telling Trump's lawyers they have no evidence as the cases were dismissed...

Obama brought unemployment down from 10% to 4.5%....Trump's very best unemployment number was 3.7%.....woohooo.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Thanks to Joe, TOO MANY PEOPLE do not want jobs. That created the supply chain crisis.

The TRILLIONS in new dollars Joe spent created
TOO MANY DOLLARS CHASING TOO FEW GOODS.

View attachment 71807

Find someone with an education to 'splain this to you.
So the reduction in oil production in 2020 was too much oil and not enough demand....right?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Where do you go to to sign up for those government checks?

Trump used tax policy to double the national deficit.

Your opinion that Biden was not legally elected runs into AG Barr telling Trump the election wasn't stolen. Judges in 61 lawsuits telling Trump's lawyers they have no evidence as the cases were dismissed...

Obama brought unemployment down from 10% to 4.5%....Trump's very best unemployment number was 3.7%.....woohooo.
"TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump
had lowest unemployment in 50 years and now that lockdown lifted all those peoples are back at work under wartime President even with no War

Biden turned to a wartime power his first day in office. Will he rely on it even more? (msn.com)

If he signs the Let's Raise Inflation Act who knows how jobs will last, takes much fossel fuels to get to work.

US gas prices will jump back to $4.35 soon because supplies are running low, Goldman Sachs says (msn.com)

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Let's see. Was anything going on then that could have caused this? Hmmmm
Cause is irrelevant to the current topic...I'm comparing where we were at the worst of the pandemic to today. You seem to want to focus blame. I'm trying to post on cause and effect....the numbers show we are in recovery from a very bad economy to one that looks better, in spite of inflation.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"TrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrumpTrump
had lowest unemployment in 50 years and now that lockdown lifted all those peoples are back at work under wartime President even with no War

Biden turned to a wartime power his first day in office. Will he rely on it even more? (msn.com)

If he signs the Let's Raise Inflation Act who knows how jobs will last, takes much fossel fuels to get to work.

US gas prices will jump back to $4.35 soon because supplies are running low, Goldman Sachs says (msn.com)
Talk to @reason10....Trump was his reference.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It didn’t exist, a total fluke.

Psyche.

Majority of these people don’t even leave their small town, and you expect them to know what globally means?
LMFAO
You post that to someone that Never leaves his safe room!