• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Great jobs report?

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
So...we had a "strong jobs report" today according to the media and this administration...so lets look at some numbers from the Department of Labor, shall we?

The January 2020 unemployment rate sat at 3.6% and the Labor Force Participation Rate was 63.4%.

The most recent reports for July 2022 claims 3.6% unemployment and the Labor Force Participation Rate is 62.1%.

So, we're being told over 500k jobs were created, we have 1.3% less people in Labor Force Participation, and the Unemployment rate is the same. Maybe the same people explaining that wages increasing by 5% are better off while experiencing 9% inflation can put their spin on how these numbers add up.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So...we had a "strong jobs report" today according to the media and this administration...so lets look at some numbers from the Department of Labor, shall we?

The January 2020 unemployment rate sat at 3.6% and the Labor Force Participation Rate was 63.4%.

The most recent reports for July 2022 claims 3.6% unemployment and the Labor Force Participation Rate is 62.1%.

So, we're being told over 500k jobs were created, we have 1.3% less people in Labor Force Participation, and the Unemployment rate is the same. Maybe the same people explaining that wages increasing by 5% are better off while experiencing 9% inflation can put their spin on how these numbers add up.
So why would someone not be counted as part of the labor force? Because they've retired. I know a number of people who have happily retired early.

Did you know that the LFPR in Mar/April 2020 was 60.2? In July 2021 it was 61.7....

RickWA

Snagglesooth
So why would someone not be counted as part of the labor force? Because they've retired. I know a number of people who have happily retired early.

Did you know that the LFPR in Mar/April 2020 was 60.2? In July 2021 it was 61.7....
middleview to the rescue…govsplaining the official state line.

I do believe I’ve captured your scope here perfectly. Some “mansplain”. Middleview GOVSPLAINS. Always.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

Did you know the number of people holding more than one job is at an all time high?

1659809448435.png

Waddayaknow - number of actual employees declined. Can you say "seasonal adjustment to make Brandon look good?" I knew you could!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
middleview to the rescue…govsplaining the official state line.

I do believe I’ve captured your scope here perfectly. Some “mansplain”. Middleview GOVSPLAINS. Always.
Once again, nothing to offer except another goofy attempt at grade school humor.

Run along, Rick.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Standard GOP cultist fare. Ignore such positive data when we have a Dem president. Live a completely fact-free existence. Facts don’t support the positions of the GOP cult, so the cultists just ignore them. The same data they tout when it supports the positions of the GOP cult, as rare as that is.

Such is life in a cult.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Standard GOP cultist fare. Ignore such positive data when we have a Dem president. Live a completely fact-free existence. Facts don’t support the positions of the GOP cult, so the cultists just ignore them. The same data they tout when it supports the positions of the GOP cult, as rare as that is.

Such is life in a cult.
As you leftist did when the President was an Republican
Fact, UE was 3.6 back then also until Obama and Fauci bought COVID

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member

Such is life in a cult.
In other words, you have nothing to explain the disparity between January 2020 and July 2022. Gotcha, not at all surprised.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member

Hoping you have actual data other than "I know a number of people...", you know, like I provided in my post.

And please...and I know this is difficult for you...stay on topic of my OP and answer the question, with facts, before trying to switch gears with irrelevant questions. I never mentioned "March/April 2020" (14.7% reported unemployment) when the country got locked down nor "July 2021" (5.4% reported Unemployment).

Offer facts...not guesses, assumptions, or hypotheticals...or move to another post to hijack.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Such is life in a cult.

You're proof of a cult

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Hoping you have actual data other than "I know a number of people...", you know, like I provided in my post.

And please...and I know this is difficult for you...stay on topic of my OP and answer the question, with facts, before trying to switch gears with irrelevant questions. I never mentioned "March/April 2020" (14.7% reported unemployment) when the country got locked down nor "July 2021" (5.4% reported Unemployment).

Offer facts...not guesses, assumptions, or hypotheticals...or move to another post to hijack.
Yep...why compare numbers from recent years...

By the way...just because you only want to compare the months you posted does not mean the statistics I posted are not facts.

Last edited:

Jack4freedom

Governor
Did you know the number of people holding more than one job is at an all time high?

View attachment 71772

Waddayaknow - number of actual employees declined. Can you say "seasonal adjustment to make Brandon look good?" I knew you could!
More jobs, bad news for Biden….Less Jobs, bad news for Biden…Heads you win, tails Biden loses. Your fair and measured presence here is duly noted Raoul.…A paragon of virtue are ye!

protectionist

Governor

Except that the inflation is 100-200%, and the labor participation rate is still nowhere near up to pre-pandemic levels. Ho hum.