• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Great jobs report?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
More jobs, bad news for Biden….Less Jobs, bad news for Biden…Heads you win, tails Biden loses. Your fair and measured presence here is duly noted Raoul.…A paragon of virtue are ye!
Well pardon me Jack, for paying attention to the real numbers rather than the official government made up ones. The bottom line here is that actual, you know, people holding jobs went DOWN last month. In other words, the entire 528,000 increase (and then some) was a BLS "adjustment" to this real number. You know, the ones they couldn't find in the real world so they just "assumed" were there. After the election, there will be a huge adjustment downward to these "past" numbers and you will be the first one on the job declaring that as "old news" - nothing to see here, move along.

When you catch me spinning an actual decline as "massive increase" please by all means feel free to question my virtue. Until then, the only ones whose "virtue" is in question are those touting fake jobs as evidence of the economic "success" of the disastrous Brandon agenda.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
Yep...why compare numbers from recent years...

By the way...just because you only want to compare the months you posted does not mean the statistics I posted are not facts.
My numbers show pre-pandemic to now. The dates show significance. You randomly picked dates...like you always do and always have. You do anything you can to redirect the subject because you lack the ability to justify the facts posed.

Reread the original post and stay on the topic...answer the question...or piss off. I believe there are rules about hijacking posts.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
My numbers show pre-pandemic to now. The dates show significance. You randomly picked dates...like you always do and always have. You do anything you can to redirect the subject because you lack the ability to justify the facts posed.

Reread the original post and stay on the topic...answer the question...or piss off. I believe there are rules about hijacking posts.
The numbers at the worst of the pandemic relate to the recovery...which is going well...

Pretending the pandemic didn't happen is silly.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well pardon me Jack, for paying attention to the real numbers rather than the official government made up ones. The bottom line here is that actual, you know, people holding jobs went DOWN last month. In other words, the entire 528,000 increase (and then some) was a BLS "adjustment" to this real number. You know, the ones they couldn't find in the real world so they just "assumed" were there. After the election, there will be a huge adjustment downward to these "past" numbers and you will be the first one on the job declaring that as "old news" - nothing to see here, move along.

When you catch me spinning an actual decline as "massive increase" please by all means feel free to question my virtue. Until then, the only ones whose "virtue" is in question are those touting fake jobs as evidence of the economic "success" of the disastrous Brandon agenda.
You only trust the numbers that support your opinions.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Er...what?
Er, in the post above, I believe number 23, you wrote pretending that the pandemic didn't happen is silly

I scrolled through the posts, I don't see it. Could you point it out

Or can you set the boundaries of this discussion then. Are pandemic related numbers included as a factor affecting employment, or are pandemic related numbers not included? Who is benefiting from same, trump, biden, both?

I would just like to know what we're all pretending

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Er, in the post above, I believe number 23, you wrote pretending that the pandemic didn't happen is silly

I scrolled through the posts, I don't see it. Could you point it out

Or can you set the boundaries of this discussion then. Are pandemic related numbers included as a factor affecting employment, or are pandemic related numbers not included? Who is benefiting from same, trump, biden, both?

I would just like to know what we're all pretending
He was comparing Jan 2020 to now as if the economy didn't take a hit in march 2020.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
He was comparing Jan 2020 to now as if the economy didn't take a hit in march 2020.
I showed that pre-pandemic numbers were better than they are now, complete recovery numbers. Less overall jobs, lower LFPR, but claiming the same unemployment numbers.

Then, I asked to see the math. You chose to jump into the conversation with "facts", like "I know a number of people..." and choose irrelevant number dates out of thin air that have zero bearing on my OP topic.

Again, discuss the OP topic, quit trying to hijack the post with irrelevant garbage, or piss off and start your own post discussing your irrelevant, cherry picked numbers. I won't let you get away with trying to change the focus of my post. The only topic here is explaining the disparity between January 2020 numbers and July 2022 numbers and the math that they claim makes those numbers the same...period.

Raoul_Luke

You only trust the numbers that support your opinions.
I can't help it the real numbers support my opinions. There were not a half million jobs "created" last month. As I pointed out to you the household survey has diverged big time from the establishment survey, and the reason for that is the BLS bureaucrats continue to assume job growth where there is none (or at least very little).

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So Biden shouldn't get that credit either? Did the pandemic put a multi million job loss hit on the numbers?
To be perfectly fair...I do not blame Trump for the hit on the economy in 2020....although I do blame him for pretending there wasn't a problem and downplaying the danger. I guess you could possibly say that when governors realized he'd lied to us they overreacted by extreme measures....

But there were millions put out of work. The GDP dropped a lot. Production of a lot of goods dropped by huge numbers.

Trump/Congress took steps to ease the impact of the pandemic. Extended unemployment and expanded payments. That continued under Biden.

It is difficult to actually measure the impact of any of their actions. If you want to say Biden's policies are hurting the economy you certainly have to look at these numbers and argue that we are recovering. Should it be happening faster?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
And we won't even touch on the toll inflation has had on wages...let alone the impending devastation it will very likely have on the job market.
And how did we do the last time there was a pandemic? Oh...that was in 1918. Not very applicable. We are certainly learning as we go...supply chain issues were new to us...We saw shortages in 2020, but not quite as severe. We have seen inflation before...and it was painful to fix it...if you recall. Nixon tried wage and price controls and created a disaster. There are not a lot of tools available.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
And how did we do the last time there was a pandemic? Oh...that was in 1918. Not very applicable. We are certainly learning as we go...supply chain issues were new to us...We saw shortages in 2020, but not quite as severe. We have seen inflation before...and it was painful to fix it...if you recall. Nixon tried wage and price controls and created a disaster. There are not a lot of tools available.
The most effective tool for inflation is prevention. The cost of all goods rises and falls in direct proportion to the cost of transporting those goods. When this administration promised to end fossil fuels and sunk the first dagger by shutting down domestic production of oil, they started the painful climb of inflationary impact in this country and effectively cut wages in this country by 5%. Couple that with shoveling taxpayer money into the pockets of non-producers and we end up in the position we see ourselves now...manipulated unemployment numbers, a lower LFPR, and an "increase" in jobs that's no increase at all versus what the county had in January of 2020. Putting people back to work in vacated positions is not creation. It's like putting $5 in a slot machine and winning $4 ...you didn't win $4, you lost $1.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The most effective tool for inflation is prevention. The cost of all goods rises and falls in direct proportion to the cost of transporting those goods. When this administration promised to end fossil fuels and sunk the first dagger by shutting down domestic production of oil, they started the painful climb of inflationary impact in this country and effectively cut wages in this country by 5%. Couple that with shoveling taxpayer money into the pockets of non-producers and we end up in the position we see ourselves now...manipulated unemployment numbers, a lower LFPR, and an "increase" in jobs that's no increase at all versus what the county had in January of 2020. Putting people back to work in vacated positions is not creation. It's like putting $5 in a slot machine and winning $4 ...you didn't win $4, you lost $1.
1. When did the government shut down oil production? Oh...they didn't. In fact, oil production decreased by around 30% in march 2020. It is now back to within a million barrels per day of 2019 production.

2. There are jobs. We can't find workers. Pandemic unemployment money already ended.

Raoul_Luke

You only need one tool - supply side economics.