• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Guess how many Trillions the US government borrowed last year? (You're wrong – it was more.)

BTW, here’s a recent post I made about this very topic, along with a link to the tax cuts in question…

That thread was completely ignored by you and your winger colleagues.

The link to the Bush/Trump tax cuts, which you all ignored…

You people are clearly not genuinely concerned with the large deficits.
your link completely FAILS to support your "tax cuts to fatcats" claim.

the 2017 tax changes benefitted the middle class most. they doubled the standard deductin for those households. the result was millions no longer had to itemize state income tax and mortgage interest when filing federal forms, in addition to paying lower taxes.

the wealthy in many cases ended up paying more in federal tax. their loss of mortgage interest and state income tax deductions caused 5 figure hikes in taxable income in many cases.

i have to give you credit though. at least you tried, even if what you found undermines your premise.

the 2017 tax changes are SOOO popular with voters that no democrat will openly discuss ending them when they expire.

evidently they plan to announce this AFTER the election,.

Bugsy McGurk

President
your link completely FAILS to support your "tax cuts to fatcats" claim.

the 2017 tax changes benefitted the middle class most. they doubled the standard deductin for those households. the result was millions no longer had to itemize state income tax and mortgage interest when filing federal forms, in addition to paying lower taxes.

the wealthy in many cases ended up paying more in federal tax. their loss of mortgage interest and state income tax deductions caused 5 figure hikes in taxable income in many cases.

i have to give you credit though. at least you tried, even if what you found undermines your premise.

the 2017 tax changes are SOOO popular with voters that no democrat will openly discuss ending them when they expire.

evidently they plan to announce this AFTER the election,.
It’s not “what I found” to respond to your post. As I said, I previously posted it, and it was ignored by you and other wingers who like to ignore the topic of repealing at least some of the Bush/Trump tax cuts for fatcats. Your post above pretended to be unaware of those tax cuts and asked for a “link.” So I pretended you didn’t know what I was referring to, and I gave you a link. That article totally debunks your unsupported claim that they were not massive tax cuts for fatcats.

And while you claim that no Democrat would advocate for repeal of those tax cuts, that’s exactly what Biden is loudly doing. Dunno how you missed it.

EatTheRich

President
How does this help with the protracted drunken sailor spending profile? Why don’t we try something sensible - like…if you can’t afford it, you don’t buy it. I understand this is problematic to the underachieving shiftless parasitic moochers of this nation. It is, however, what is needed.

Get to work.
What is affordable depends on revenue. There is not much to be cut, other than the military budget, without causing mass misery that makes the decades of recent austerity look like a picnic. Nonmilitary spending was already sharply cut under Carter, Reagan, and Clinton. Spending increased under Obama at the lowest levels since the advent of modern accounting. Trump and Biden have spent a lot, but most of that was playing catch-up after a bunch of penny wise, pound foolish decisions created an unprecedented series of overlapping crises.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
What is affordable depends on revenue. There is not much to be cut, other than the military budget, without causing mass misery that makes the decades of recent austerity look like a picnic. Nonmilitary spending was already sharply cut under Carter, Reagan, and Clinton. Spending increased under Obama at the lowest levels since the advent of modern accounting. Trump and Biden have spent a lot, but most of that was playing catch-up after a bunch of penny wise, pound foolish decisions created an unprecedented series of overlapping crises.
Cost of illegal is the budget buster and death of American women

Typical leftist. "Best place to cut = Military"

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don’t. I want workers here to be better off. Which is why I oppose class-war policies that make us worse off, like extreme restrictions on immigration.
We're already close
Joey is paying companies to hire immigrants and lay off Americans
Check Fast Food in Cali that's laying off a boat load of workers before April 1!