• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

hahaha, if anybody ever wanted more proof of GOP obvious stupidity

and anti-American agenda:

congressional Republicans are still quite outraged by President Obama’s recess appointments last week, and plan to take up a resolution criticizing the move — just as soon as they return from recess.

Rep. Diane Black (Tenn.) and 71 other House Republicans introduced a nonbinding resolution today voicing concern over President Barack Obama’s recess appointment of four administration nominees last week.

“It’s astounding to me that the president is claiming these are recess appointments and within his authority, when Congress was not in fact in recess,” Black said. “These appointments are an affront to the Constitution. No matter how you look at this, it doesn’t pass the smell test. I hope the House considers my resolution as soon as we return to Washington so we can send a message to President Obama.”

via Benen

GordonGecko

President
Interesting, since all their constituents and Hard Right pundits are saying it was "un-Constitutional" even "illegal".

"non-binding resolution"!?!?!?.....where are the BILLS OF IMPEACHMENT!?!!?

:D

Bo-4

Senator
Lol.. and ZZZZZzzzzzzz

congressional Republicans are still quite outraged by President Obama’s recess appointments last week, and plan to take up a resolution criticizing the move — just as soon as they return from recess.

Rep. Diane Black (Tenn.) and 71 other House Republicans introduced a nonbinding resolution today voicing concern over President Barack Obama’s recess appointment of four administration nominees last week.

“It’s astounding to me that the president is claiming these are recess appointments and within his authority, when Congress was not in fact in recess,” Black said. “These appointments are an affront to the Constitution. No matter how you look at this, it doesn’t pass the smell test. I hope the House considers my resolution as soon as we return to Washington so we can send a message to President Obama.”

via Benen
Bushie had 171 recess appointments (3 times as many per year than BHO). One of them was John Bolton. Let 'em weep until their eyes are red.

aassets0.ordienetworks.com_images_user_photos_1170850_BoehnerJohnCrying_width_600x.jpeg

Interesting, since all their constituents and Hard Right pundits are saying it was "un-Constitutional" even "illegal".

"non-binding resolution"!?!?!?.....where are the BILLS OF IMPEACHMENT!?!!?

:D
yeah, it must be unconstitutional anytime Obama takes a breath.
The hatred and idiocy consuming GOP will be their undoing.
Any normal human will be glad to see this happening ASAP

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Let me see...in 2005, who was it that said...

“the wrong thing to do,” to appoint people who “couldn’t get through a Senate nomination.”?

Is that hypocrisy or a "if Bush did it, it's okay for me to do it"?

D

Doc

“the wrong thing to do,” to appoint people who “couldn’t get through a Senate nomination.”?

Channeling my Inner Liberal: "But, umm, ahhh, dude, that's, ahhh, like 'different' and shit......."

MaryAnne

Governor

via Benen
Diane Black,A Bachman wannabe!

Here is the rub.. The Proforma Senate sessions was a trick used by Reid to prevent Bush from making recess appointments. Bush made no recess appointments during a Proforma Session. The outrage and frenzy in congress and in the media to any attempt he would have made would have dwarfed any of the current outcryby far. Democrats are just sleezy and feel they are allowed to live at standard much lower than what they set for everyone else. I have doubts if a Proforma Session is legal at least Bush had the courtesy to honor the Senate's intention