• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

hang on to your 401K

kaz

Small l libertarian
What tailwind?
I'm laughing and so sad at what government schools do to our children.

OK, I'll try one more time and try to believe you really, truly don't know what happens after recessions and government schools have utterly failed you.

1) In a recession, the economy shrinks
2) When the recession ends, the economy grows back to where it was quickly. Then it keeps growing from there
3) So think about it. If you become President AFTER the fall but BEFORE the recovery, you should have stellar growth numbers.

But as you accurately pointed out, they were no better than Trumps even though he took over an economy that had experienced almost eight years of growth.

Obama's record is pathetic. You really didn't get that from my pointing out Obama took over at the bottom of a recession? You didn't know that economies typically recover from recessions, that the Messiah Obama did what no one before him did? Really?

I'm laughing and so sad at what government schools do to our children.

OK, I'll try one more time and try to believe you really, truly don't know what happens after recessions and government schools have utterly failed you.

1) In a recession, the economy shrinks
2) When the recession ends, the economy grows back to where it was quickly. Then it keeps growing from there
3) So think about it. If you become President AFTER the fall but BEFORE the recovery, you should have stellar growth numbers.

But as you accurately pointed out, they were no better than Trumps even though he took over an economy that had experienced almost eight years of growth.

Obama's record is pathetic. You really didn't get that from my pointing out Obama took over at the bottom of a recession? You didn't know that economies typically recover from recessions, that the Messiah Obama did what no one before him did? Really?
I don't think you know what an economic tailwind is.

kaz

Small l libertarian
I don't think you know what an economic tailwind is.
Well, that's not what I said. What I said was his economic NUMBERS had a tailwind regarding our discussion of GDP growth. Obama dampened the economy as businesses were afraid to invest not knowing what Obama would do to them next.

Frankly Trump has done personally little to build the economy. He just unshackled them from Obama over-regulation and didn't tell them he hates them like Obama and made them stop being afraid to invest.

You still really don't understand my point about economic numbers after a recession, do you? How do you not grasp that?

Well, that's not what I said. What I said was his economic NUMBERS had a tailwind regarding our discussion of GDP growth. Obama dampened the economy as businesses were afraid to invest not knowing what Obama would do to them next.
You can't even identify the tailwind.

kaz

Small l libertarian
You can't even identify the tailwind.
Winston Churchill: I can explain it to you. I cannot comprehend it for you.

Do you understand now why economic growth should be high coming out of a recession? And historical numbers unambiguously show that economic numbers are typically high coming out of recessions?

Do you understand that or not?

Winston Churchill: I can explain it to you. I cannot comprehend it for you.

Do you understand now why economic growth should be high coming out of a recession? And historical numbers unambiguously show that economic numbers are typically high coming out of recessions?

Do you understand that or not?
past performance is not an indication of what will happen in the future. Looking at history to determine what should happen is a giant logical fallacy. You can't say GDP grew in 1991 so it has to grow in 2020 or 2009 or whenever. History is not what ends recessions.

kaz

Small l libertarian
past performance is not an indication of what will happen in the future. Looking at history to determine what should happen is a giant logical fallacy. You can't say GDP grew in 1991 so it has to grow in 2020 or 2009 or whenever. History is not what ends recessions.
Gotcha. So just because every other time the economy came out of a recession strongly as the initial growth is just getting back to what we were and Obama set a record for failing to do that doesn't mean he deserves any blame for that.

Remember your buck stops here argument? Apparently just as I said when it's Obama, for you the buck didn't stop

Gotcha. So just because every other time the economy came out of a recession strongly as the initial growth is just getting back to what we were and Obama set a record for failing to do that doesn't mean he deserves any blame for that.
Who said the recession had to end at all?
Without TARP, and the Stimulus the recession would have lasted much much longer.
And yes, I hold Obama responsible for ending the recession.

kaz

Small l libertarian
Who said the recession had to end at all?
Without TARP, and the Stimulus the recession would have lasted much much longer.
And yes, I hold Obama responsible for ending the recession.
Yes, you credited Obama when the sun shined, the waves lapped on the shore and the sun rose in the morning. You credited him for gardens, the automobile and space travel. Obama created the heavens and the earth, taught the world morality and darn it, he just loved us all. Then we got Trump ...

Yes, you credited Obama when the sun shined, the waves lapped on the shore and the sun rose in the morning. You credited him for gardens, the automobile and space travel. Obama created the heavens and the earth, taught the world morality and darn it, he just loved us all. Then we got Trump ...
Got? More like caught, like with any disease.

voyager

4Q2247365
The Plunge Protection Team just cant' keep up. The Dow down another 850 at noon.

Dow down 2K for the week so far.

I guess Dr. Pence being ON The Case just ain't cutting it.

fake.jpg

kaz

Small l libertarian
Not planning to draw on my 401K for another 5 years. Just trying to figure out when is the best time to buy. Gonna wait at least 1 more day.
Yep, stocks are on sale!

I'm getting a bunch of trades ready to go in the morning too. So what if they fall further, they're still a lot cheaper than a week ago

kaz

Small l libertarian
The Plunge Protection Team just cant' keep up. The Dow down another 850 at noon.

Dow down 2K for the week so far.

I guess Dr. Pence being ON The Case just ain't cutting it.

View attachment 48812
Voyager says OMG, OMG, OMG (and runs around in circles grabbing his head like his hear is on fire)!

Before today, there were 29 corrections in the last 50 years. Now there were 30 corrections in the last 50 years ...

How old are you that you never invested in the market before and don't know anything about it? And why are you so determined to start more threads announcing that? Don't you cringe at all when Bugsy does it? He's an old far and hasn't ever invested in stocks.

Old Saying: It is better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt