• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hannity voted Worst Host @FoxNews

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Last week, MEDIAite sent a survey to several dozen cable news hosts from Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC, hoping to gain insight into how insiders view their own colleagues and competitors.

While guaranteeing complete anonymity, we asked them to name one colleague for each of the following 10 categories: Best and Worst Hosts, Fox; Best and Worst Hosts, CNN; Best and Worst Hosts, MSNBC; Best and Worst Guests, Overall; and Best and Worst TV Reporters, Overall.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-best-and-worst-of-fox-news-as-voted-by-cable-news-hosts/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cable-news-hosts-pick-the-best-and-worst-of-msnbc/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-best-and-worst-of-cnn-according-to-cable-news-hosts/

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Your rote-red allusion to "Mac Cow", is punk as can be. I bleed Democratic blue, but I can think of at least a dozen media bluesters, who're on a sub-Maddow plane.
The liberal media all sounds alike, just using Obama's talking points. Very hard to tell the difference.

fairsheet

Senator
The liberal media all sounds alike, just using Obama's talking points. Very hard to tell the difference.
Some would make the SAME case for the redwing media. They would be just as mistaken as you are here. To English speakers who speak no Spanish, "they all sound alike". Even as that's true for those people, it's not really something to brag about.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Last week, MEDIAite sent a survey to several dozen cable news hosts from Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC, hoping to gain insight into how insiders view their own colleagues and competitors.

While guaranteeing complete anonymity, we asked them to name one colleague for each of the following 10 categories: Best and Worst Hosts, Fox; Best and Worst Hosts, CNN; Best and Worst Hosts, MSNBC; Best and Worst Guests, Overall; and Best and Worst TV Reporters, Overall.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-best-and-worst-of-fox-news-as-voted-by-cable-news-hosts/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cable-news-hosts-pick-the-best-and-worst-of-msnbc/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-best-and-worst-of-cnn-according-to-cable-news-hosts/
That is because he is terrible.

fairsheet

Senator
That is because he is terrible.
Brian Williams "reports" the news. Hannity "interprets" the news. Hannity is by no means unique in this regard. Fox'es and MSNBC's talking heads interpret the news. IMHO, as long as we understand their context, these talking heads' products are righteous and useful.

Interpreting the news effectively, takes intelligence, acumen, and hard work. That's where Hannity comes up short of just about everyone else. He doesn't even seem to care about forwarding an effective case. He's a simple bully who relies on nothing more than his "ownership" of his microphone.

Brian Williams "reports" the news. Hannity "interprets" the news. Hannity is by no means unique in this regard. Fox'es and MSNBC's talking heads interpret the news. IMHO, as long as we understand their context, these talking heads' products are righteous and useful.

Interpreting the news effectively, takes intelligence, acumen, and hard work. That's where Hannity comes up short of just about everyone else. He doesn't even seem to care about forwarding an effective case. He's a simple bully who relies on nothing more than his "ownership" of his microphone.
Since when is Hannity regarded as a news show? It's entertainment, not news. I guess this distinction has gotten confusing since the left started getting it's "news" from comedians like Colbert and Liebowitz...

fairsheet

Senator
Since when is Hannity regarded as a news show? It's entertainment, not news. I guess this distinction has gotten confusing since the left started getting it's "news" from comedians like Colbert and Liebowitz...
It's odd that you would repeat what I just said. It'd have been easier for you to simply click on the "agree" icon.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

They are not news anchors, they are basically talk show hosts with a slant. Hannity is similar to Ed Schultz or Sharpton. O'Reilley is more like a Chris Hayes both are a little more rationale and have a differing viewpoint than their party occasionally.

fairsheet

Senator
They are not news anchors, they are basically talk show hosts with a slant. Hannity is similar to Ed Schultz or Sharpton. O'Reilley is more like a Chris Hayes both are a little more rationale and have a differing viewpoint than their party occasionally.
-See my response to Marvin.

fairsheet

Senator
Are you just looking for some affirmation? Well, Merry Christmas, I'm happy to give it to you...:)

No, I was simply trying to avoid having to repeat myself. For what it's worth btw, Hannity is an individual profit-centric enterprise. I'm not sure why anyone would bother standing up for him, anymore so than I would feel the need to stand up for say... the Rev. Al Sharpton.

No, I was simply trying to avoid having to repeat myself. For what it's worth btw, Hannity is an individual profit-centric enterprise. I'm not sure why anyone would bother standing up for him, anymore so than I would feel the need to stand up for say... the Rev. Al Sharpton.
I didn't see anyone here standing up for Hannity as a news source. Did you?

As I didn't suggest otherwise, you should maybe go back to your drawing table. I didn't see anyone suggesting you as a child molester, either.
Got it, so your postings here are just random musings on things totally unrelated to the thread topic. That's good to know, and it certainly explains a lot.

fairsheet

Senator
Got it, so your postings here are just random musings on things totally unrelated to the thread topic. That's good to know, and it certainly explains a lot.

That you evidence the need to put my musings down to unrelatedness and randomness, is telling. For what it's worth, even as I don't judge your musings as dispositive, I don't view them as random nor unrelated. Instead, I see them as purposeful and apropos of this question in general.

Imagine that.