• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hannity's segment on his show called, "The Language Of The Left!"

Hannity, Monica Crowley, and others attacked the language of the left... well, how about the right! If Hannity wanted to be fair...lol

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It was very revealing I imagine to many people; but not to me because i already know how vile and venemous the Left is.

Jen

Senator
Why should Hannity need to be "fair" to someone he disagrees with? He is a conservative and his show is conservative. He does analysis and he does not deliver the news.

If anyone is offended by his Conservative-style show, they need not watch. Everyone has a channel changer on their television or on their remote. I don't see that he has any obligation to show anything he doesn't want to show. There are other shows on Fox that show both sides. Hannity can if he wants to............ but doesn't have to.

If Hannity's ratings fall, guess what! His show will be cancelled.

Are you into some kind of coercion?

degsme

Council Member
Why should Hannity need to be "fair" to someone he disagrees with?
If he wants to be considered intellectually honest? Yes

But that has never been his gig. Moreover I suspect his "language of the left" is filled with strawman arguements.

If anyone is offended by his Conservative-style show, they need not watch.
If the issue were purely noxious speech, that's one thing, but in this case it is dishonest speech and it distorts the public discourse. And the B'cast licenses that the FCC hands out specifically require Bcasters to provide a public SERVICE, not a DISSERVICE.

If "equal time" were a requirement, Hannity would not dare to say most of what he says, because he would be made to look the fool.

However he preaches to a choir and further distorts and misleads a large segment of the voting public. That's not a "marketplace of ideas" - that is The Great Lie.

That you don't understand the distinction between intellectual dishonesty and expressing opinion honestly... well that is telling.

degsme

Council Member
Watch MSNBC and you will see the "other" side.
Actually on MSNBC you will see a lot more intellectual honesty. For example, Maddow gave Sen. Inhofe a full interview, did not interrupt him, did not call him names and CIVILLY held his feet to the fire on his anti-gay screed and his linkage to the homosexuality is a capital crime law in Uganda.

NOWHERE -absolutely NOWHERE on Fox do you see anything approaching that sort of level of informed, multi-sided discourse. That you cannot tell the difference is telling.

I've watched MSNBC Jen! Not much... but some!

Both left and right are guilty... but, from where I'm sitting, the far right is more mean spirited than the far left. Thank goodness, we sane people are in the middle. lol

MaryAnne

Governor
Hannity, Monica Crowley, and others attacked the language of the left... well, how about the right! If Hannity wanted to be fair...lol
You actually have the patience to watch Hannity, Cotton? I was flipping channels and 2 minutes was all I could take. :eek:)

MaryAnne

Governor
Actually on MSNBC you will see a lot more intellectual honesty. For example, Maddow gave Sen. Inhofe a full interview, did not interrupt him, did not call him names and CIVILLY held his feet to the fire on his anti-gay screed and his linkage to the homosexuality is a capital crime law in Uganda.

NOWHERE -absolutely NOWHERE on Fox do you see anything approaching that sort of level of informed, multi-sided discourse. That you cannot tell the difference is telling.

Jon Stewart told Rachael she put the rest of them to shame with her great new book that lays out facts and was well reseached. I have yet to see her scream at anyone. She does have a sense of humor,just like Jon.

lilly

Council Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/28/jon-stewart-lawrence-odonnell-chair-interview_n_1384788.html
Jon Stewart told Rachael she put the rest of them to shame with her great new book that lays out facts and was well reseached. I have yet to see her scream at anyone. She does have a sense of humor,just like Jon.
Since you mentioned Jon, here is most recent video for you MaryAnne. LOL

Sorry it changes the subject some but the subject is a very active one on PJ.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I've watched MSNBC Jen! Not much... but some!

Both left and right are guilty... but, from where I'm sitting, the far right is more mean spirited than the far left. Thank goodness, we sane people are in the middle. lol
You gotta be shitten me. The far Left people are basically domestic terrorists.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
MA, I remember one time on the Fray you mentioned that you had been watching FOX News and found that they actually WERE fair and balanced. Do you remember that? I didn't think so.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Hannity is not a news anchor. His show is political commentary; he does not pretend to be unbiased. The show he had on Language of the Left was right on. He showed the bitterness, the trickery and deceit, and the vile venom-filled spewed rhetoric of the Left. It was a good show, and was not intended for Liberal watchers. The purpose of everything Hannity says is to educate and alert the Conservative base to the danger of the Left.