• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Happy Birthday Gitmo and thank you Mr. President

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Wait a minute...

I thought candidate Obama promised us "...we're going to close Guantanamo and restore habeas corpus. :confused:?

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Why does it have to be "either/or"? I think he meets the criteria for both...

Bo-4

Senator
His base ate it up :)

He was either clueless or dishonest when he made that promise, take your pick.
Naive Pink.. he underestimated the fear mongering of some (mostly R but some D) in Congress who said.. not in MY state you don't bring those people!

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
When the President asked to have that gulag closed Republicans jumped up screamed like a bunch of frightened old ladies (a few democrat wussies also)....Gitmo should be closed...Bull dozed and given back to the Cuban people...It is a disgrace to America

for signing the the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes a provision allowing indefinite military detention without trial, and for the resumption of the military tribunals down at the camp...and of course, kudos to Mr. Bush as well...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57356858/guantanamo-closure-hopes-fade-as-prison-turns-10/
you probably know the answer, being "smart non-FOX brainwashed republican " why did Congress prevented him to close GITMO?

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Gitmo is now down to less than 100 inmates (over 600 have been released to their own country's)...The whole thing is a joke....It needs to be removed

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
GITMO got 'O'
just like in 08 when 'O' said 'first thing I will do if elected President is end the war" (Iraq) "you can take that to the bank"

seems that check bounced just as his GITMO check and many-many more promises/lies.but liberals don't care, they have been saved by the blood of 'O'........praise da lawd

MrPinko

Council Member
He didn't see the difficulties and obstacles to keeping that pledge when he made it? Do you believe that?

MrPinko

Council Member
Gitmo is now down to less than 100 inmates (over 600 have been released to their own country's)...The whole thing is a joke....It needs to be removed
171 still down there partying with ice cream and video games, 42 awaiting tribunals.

Why close the camp?

He didn't see the difficulties and obstacles to keeping that pledge when he made it? Do you believe that?
I guess not, even I who actively despise GOP since 2003 for damaging this country , for blatant lies , distortion of facts and Mao type shameless brainwashing of a large portion of electorate, did not predict that this "party" will chose the road of hate-filled sabotage damaging this country , credit rating, middle class etc, etc, in order to unseat one man they hate....

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I guess not, even I who actively despise GOP since 2003 for damaging this country , for blatant lies , distortion of facts and Mao type shameless brainwashing of a large portion of electorate, did not predict that this "party" will chose the road of hate-filled sabotage damaging this country , credit rating, middle class etc, etc, in order to unseat one man they hate....
and who REALLY gives a f' what an imported RUSSIAN thinks.............you were not born here.......never paid into the IRS, until allowed to come here, and, more than likely didn't have to pay taxes for 7 years.......go set on one of ya cheap pieces of furniture......and cry us a tear,..............YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN.........just a Russian refuge, allowed to live here.........sashy.

OldGaffer

Governor
Good post Yuri, after the 8 years of constant hate against President Clinton, I really expected the same treatment for any Democrat elected, HRC or Obama, but Obama got the added racism to make the hate for him even stronger.

and who REALLY gives a f' what an imported RUSSIAN thinks.............you were not born here.......never paid into the IRS, until allowed to come here, and, more than likely didn't have to pay taxes for 7 years.......go set on one of ya cheap pieces of furniture......and cry us a tear,..............YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN.........just a Russian refuge, allowed to live here.........sashy.
careful, you'll pop a vein, go out shoot a skunk, sell meat to a redneck buy yourself a better bear, w.t.

Good post Yuri, after the 8 years of constant hate against President Clinton, I really expected the same treatment for any Democrat elected, HRC or Obama, but Obama got the added racism to make the hate for him even stronger.
GOP= party of Maoist hate. Remember the old videos how Mao was training the Red Guard to hate . that's what Murdoch and Koch ilk did to the weakest part of American population

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
a lot of these hill billy red necks eat squirrel or say they do...But a lot of them are bullshit liars...so you never know