• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Happy Nowruz - is this the world's creepiest celebration?

The White House, Iran, and half a dozen other nations are celebrating the persian new year. I assembled the following photo montage of actual "Nowruz" celebrations in an attempt to figure out what's going on. Still haven't got a clue. Can you explain it? (Full disclosure - an easter montage might be similarly baffling to the uninitiated)

i swear . . . ALL of these images came up when i googled "nowruz celebration". WTF?

MrMike

Bless you all
LOL @ the tank...

I'd hate to ever be the crew in that metal coffin if combat ever started.

LOL @ the tank...

I'd hate to ever be the crew in that metal coffin if combat ever started.
whats up with the grass? there are hundreds of pics of that?

and goldfish are evidently sacred or something. hundreds of people carring baggies of goldfish, fish bowls, jumping fish . . .

Colorforms

Senator
The White House, Iran, and half a dozen other nations are celebrating the persian new year. I assembled the following photo montage of actual "Nowruz" celebrations in an attempt to figure out what's going on. Still haven't got a clue. Can you explain it? (Full disclosure - an easter montage might be similarly baffling to the uninitiated)

i swear . . . ALL of these images came up when i googled "nowruz celebration". WTF?
Try "Fols0m Street Festival, San Francisco".

Nowrus for San Francisco.

What's with the blackface? Isn't that racist?