• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Has the GOP ended Social Security Govt Tit check yet - what are they waiting on !

TBLee

Governor
End the Ponzi scheme ASAP - you rain on this promise so letttttttttttttt's go Brandon !
Nah….I want the money I paid in. Although I would much rather have had all those years of money coming our of my paychecks to invest on my own, as my track record with investments appears to be better than the governments.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Nah….I want the money I paid in. Although I would much rather have had all those years of money coming our of my paychecks to invest on my own, as my track record with investments appears to be better than the governments.
Great -I AGREE 100% - So all those people in the 60's paying in about 120.00 a month on average, the 70's paying in about 185.00 a month on average should only get that amount back in govt tit checks, and their wife's who didn't work get NOTHING !

Let's go McCarthy and STOP BACKPEDALING on what you ran on as a party ! Don't forget the posted goals by Rick Scott...........hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee we go - stop the checks in April! You fooled the incompetent base enough to get elected now do your job !

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
When Social Security was started in 1935, workers paid 2% of their first $3,000 earned, or a maximum of $60. Of course, only those aged 65 and older could collect anything, and many of those collectors conveniently died not long thereafter. So even without full participation by every wage earner, the number of people paying in dwarfed those being paid out, and money began to pile up in what became known as the "Social Security Trust Fund".

As trends (and thankfully, lifespans) have changed, the payer/payee relationship has not stayed constant. Michael Tanner of the Cato Institute documents some of the demographics as follows:

In 1950, there were 16 workers paying taxes into the system for every retiree who was taking benefits out of it. Today, there are a little more than three. By the time the baby boomers retire, there will be just two workers who will have to pay all the taxes to support every one retiree.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
from March - 2011...

Social Security expenditures are expected to exceed tax receipts this year for the first time since 1983. The projected deficit of $41 billion this year (excluding interest income) is attributable to the recession and to an expected $25 billion downward adjustment to 2010 income that corrects for excess payroll tax revenue credited to the trust funds in earlier years. This deficit is expected to shrink substantially for 2011 and to return to small surpluses for years 2012-2014 due to the improving economy. After 2014 deficits are expected to grow rapidly as the baby boom generation’s retirement causes the number of beneficiaries to grow substantially more rapidly than the number of covered workers. The annual deficits will be made up by redeeming trust fund assets in amounts less than interest earnings through 2024, and then by redeeming trust fund assets until reserves are exhausted in 2037, at which point tax income would be sufficient to pay about 75 percent of scheduled benefits through 2084.
So there's your admission that this scheme has run its course, and even an admission that without legislative changes, people will be getting less than they thought.

Some people say, "There's no problem here - just raise taxes further until we get the money that we need." But what started at 2% has now become 12.4% when both the employee's and the employer's portions are considered. And keep in mind that the half paid by the employer represents monies that by definition can't be paid to the employees or investors in the form of additional wages and/or returns. As the saying goes, corporations don't pay taxes. People pay taxes.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
So no other right wingers want the tax draining ponzi scheme to come to an end? So what happens then - just beotch more and cash that monthly tit check - hahahahahaha YOU PEOPLE ARE AMAZING !

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
End the Ponzi scheme ASAP - you rain on this promise so letttttttttttttt's go Brandon !
You got suckered:)

It's evident you haven't seen what Joey & Jill got in Social Security the past two years as President of the United States of America, if memory is correct without having to look it was like $54,000 a year! (?)
If Joey "rain" on ending it I hope he has an umbrella!

No wonder Po Ol' Joey had to get a $250,000 line of credit on his $2.4 million Mansion, his "tit money" isn't enough.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
ain't that the truth

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Great -I AGREE 100% - So all those people in the 60's paying in about 120.00 a month on average, the 70's paying in about 185.00 a month on average should only get that amount back in govt tit checks, and their wife's who didn't work get NOTHING !

Let's go McCarthy and STOP BACKPEDALING on what you ran on as a party ! Don't forget the posted goals by Rick Scott...........hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee we go - stop the checks in April! You fooled the incompetent base enough to get elected now do your job !
There is NO monthly checks if you have direct deposit..................You just keep paying Double SS for Yourself as self-employed and half for each employee on pay day and be PROUD you're helping out your retired elderly Americans that worked 50/60 years and had to pay into SS.

Work harder, they need their Green Fees paid:)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So no other right wingers want the tax draining ponzi scheme to come to an end? So what happens then - just beotch more and cash that monthly tit check - hahahahahaha YOU PEOPLE ARE AMAZING !
Easy fix
Have all the money removed from SS Trust Fund by ex-Presidents returned to the SSTF and problem solved, so simple even a cave man could figure it out.

BTW: are you really saying ALL left-wingers are Refusing their SS benefits?
That's good to know! Why didn't your Dems end it when they controlled all three Houses?

HELLO

Last edited:

TBLee

Governor

Stop being so silly. SS is here to stay. Eventually you will have that hand of yours out. Now with that being said, make sure to invest throughout your lifetime, and you just may be able to retire early.

TBLee

Governor
Easy fix
Have all the money removed from SS Trust Fund by ex-Presidents returned to the SSTF and problem solved, so simple even a cave man could figure it out.

BTW: are you really saying ALL left-wingers are Refusing their SS benefits?
That's good to know! Why didn't your Dems end it when they controlled all three Houses?

HELLO
He will be there with his “hand” out when the time comes, just as OB will be. They sound real tough but when it comes down to it, they will have no problem actually spending the money.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
He will be there with his “hand” out when the time comes, just as OB will be. They sound real tough but when it comes down to it, they will have no problem actually spending the money.
Of course