• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Have you had enough?

write on

Senator
Let's not lose sight.

I remember the last Democratic president here in OK- Brad Henry. He was centrist enough to win a second term.

Here in politically blood red Oklahoma, we need us some more Brad Henry! ;)

And there is a woman that can pick up the candle knowing what needs to be done not only here, but nationwide.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Let's not lose sight.

I remember the last Democratic president here in OK- Brad Henry. He was centrist enough to win a second term.

Here in politically blood red Oklahoma, we need us some more Brad Henry! ;)

And there is a woman that can pick up the candle knowing what needs to be done not only here, but nationwide.

Back when I lived in OKC I don't remember OK having a President.........

write on

Senator
Back when I lived in OKC I don't remember OK having a President.........
You're right, Dawg. As should be known by everyone here is that I meant to write Governor.

Thanks for catching my mistake. :)

What was the purpose of my OP?

write on

Senator
Now that aisle 5 is cleaned up after my inadvertent use of a noun , let's get back to shopping for the political center.

Again, have you had enough of the bullshit?

EatTheRich

President
Centrists win elections (or wars) and then stampede for the right. Look at Clinton or Obama. Eugene Debs who staked his political career on fighting the center was right when he said, “It’s better to vote for what you want and not get it, than to vote for what you don’t want and get it.” And his practical brand of politics helped pave the way for the formation of a communist party, the principled fight to defend and extend the Bill of Rights, the nucleus of modern draft resistance, and the rise of industrial unionism, without winning a single election for any but the most conservative members of his party. Not too shabby!

write on

Senator
Centrists win elections (or wars) and then stampede for the right. Look at Clinton or Obama. Eugene Debs who staked his political career on fighting the center was right when he said, “It’s better to vote for what you want and not get it, than to vote for what you don’t want and get it.” And his practical brand of politics helped pave the way for the formation of a communist party, the principled fight to defend and extend the Bill of Rights, the nucleus of modern draft resistance, and the rise of industrial unionism, without winning a single election for any but the most conservative members of his party. Not too shabby!
Beg to differ, but this isn't the mid 90's.

Wingers are on a roll with th3ir propaganda,

....or at least they think they are :p

write on

Senator
The midterms should be interesting with what likely will be a huge turnout of the young vote with abortion at the top of their lists.

“It’s better to vote for what you want and not get it, than to vote for what you don’t want and get it.”

That reminded me of the centrist Yellow Dog Democrat phrase "I'd rather vote for a yellow dog before I would for any Republican."

Last edited:

write on

Senator
Well, have you had enough?

This is what needs to be said about BOTH parties and although she is a former Republican and me living in a deep red state, I will be voting for Hofmeister.

Like Hofmeister, McConaughey tells it like it is.

If you're tired of the bullshit like me, then you should read this...

write on

Senator
Aren't you sick a f'n tired of trying to one up each other in this political climate?

I know I am.

Last edited:

write on

Senator
I'm beginning to have a little hope here in Oklahoma.

You know it's bad when a former Republican has switched to the other side of the political aisle running for Governor and a former outstanding OU football quarterback and Republican Oklahoma House Rep. for 8 years see eye to eye on what's happening to this country with fascist Trump controlling most of the Republican party.

write on

Senator
My candidate lost.

I was hoping that Hofmeister would win and be able to work together across the aisle.

Time to move on....

write on

Senator
All is not lost.

The question had enough signatures to make yesterdays election but the holier than thou put the vote off as long as they could in what they knew would be passed.

Not The Onion :)

Last edited: