• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Have You Seen the Paintings of Who the Art World Considers the Top Painters In 2022 ?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
You probably know this artist, Maud Lewis. Not too long ago I watch a great movie of her life. She had arthritis and she still managed to paint. Her art was primitive, her colors stood out. I admire those with the talent to paint, so many greats are self taught.

Maud Lewis’ pictures are quite small, usually only 20 to 25 centimeters large, their largest picture measures 90 centimeters. The paintings show outdoor scenes with people and domestic animals and wild animals such as horses, cats and birds. Maud’s painting technique was to remove the colors directly and unmixed from the tube, so that they appear bright and bright and the surfaces are clearly delimited. She used all sorts of materials, including wooden boards and baking sheets . Even the walls of her house painted them to the last corner.

From 1945 to 1950 their paintings sold for two to three dollars. Only in the last three, four years of her life did Lewis get seven to ten dollars per painting. In 1964, she received national attention for the first time through an article in “Star Weekly” and a year later she was presented in a documentary film by CBC Television . The selling price of her works has been rising steadily since the last years. Two of her paintings were sold for more than $ 16,000. The highest selling price so far was “A Family Outing” with $ 22,200 at an auction in Toronto in 2009.

Maud Lewis, 1903–1970 – UK Disability History Month (ukdhm.org)

protectionist

Governor
Yes, I went back to the link and saw it. Neat job.
It's a little long, because I needed to pause periodically, to ensure that I was calling out the notes correctly. For people who really appreciate music, they can delve into it. Especially for mandolin (and violin) players. Mandolin and violin are the same with respect to the fingerboard and tuning. Same notes and double stops.

Next week, I will have a new addition to the gallery. A Violin - Double Stops painting. Then a guitar double stops painting.
My art is music and visual art both. No reason to not combine them. Those who are artistic minded and have a basic understanding of music, will have plenty to contemplate in these paintings/videos.

Eventually, I will paint actual pieces of music represented on the violin & mandolin necks, starting with 9th Symphony (Beethoven), and Minuet # 3 in G Major (Petzold/Bach). A challenge, but I invent as I go along. :biggrin:

protectionist

Governor
You probably know this artist, Maud Lewis. Not too long ago I watch a great movie of her life. She had arthritis and she still managed to paint. Her art was primitive, her colors stood out. I admire those with the talent to paint, so many greats are self taught.

Maud Lewis’ pictures are quite small, usually only 20 to 25 centimeters large, their largest picture measures 90 centimeters. The paintings show outdoor scenes with people and domestic animals and wild animals such as horses, cats and birds. Maud’s painting technique was to remove the colors directly and unmixed from the tube, so that they appear bright and bright and the surfaces are clearly delimited. She used all sorts of materials, including wooden boards and baking sheets . Even the walls of her house painted them to the last corner.

From 1945 to 1950 their paintings sold for two to three dollars. Only in the last three, four years of her life did Lewis get seven to ten dollars per painting. In 1964, she received national attention for the first time through an article in “Star Weekly” and a year later she was presented in a documentary film by CBC Television . The selling price of her works has been rising steadily since the last years. Two of her paintings were sold for more than $ 16,000. The highest selling price so far was “A Family Outing” with $ 22,200 at an auction in Toronto in 2009.

Many great artists and many great musicians got recognition only after their deaths. Many never got recognition, but their art stands tall nevertheless.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Many great artists and many great musicians got recognition only after their deaths. Many never got recognition, but their art stands tall nevertheless.
I agree... their craft and their pleasure derived from it satisfies many of those dedicated artist enough.

protectionist

Governor

1651536952668.png