• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here's Some Big Cuts We Can ALL Agree On

Council Member
The more you think about it the more appealing it becomes. If Congress and the like really want to serve their country, let them do it at cut-rate salaries like the rest of us have to do. Betcha you won't be hearin' squakin' 'bout cuttin' medicare and getting rid of Social Security if THEY don't have any security "FOR LIFE" anymore.

Gee, I wonder who voted for those goodies? Mmmm, methinks I smell rats...watch them jump ship.

btw- no offense, but I think your worries about Congress being corrupt is a ship long sailed. It's the nature of politicians-both sides-to be corrupt. it comes along with power. Unless you're Spidey Man ;)
maybe they should be paid like we on SS are, any income over a certain amount they lose a portion of their pay.

IrishOne

Mayor
Ooooh, I like that idea! Yes, weigh them down with mindless beaurocracy over stupid arbitrary rules! One penny over their salary and they lose it all!

maybe they should be paid like we on SS are, any income over a certain amount they lose a portion of their pay.