• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Here's why Trump is pushing an unverified drug for CVD-19

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

excalibur

Mayor
LOL

The drug has been off-patent for decades.

And this:

Novartis has pledged a global donation of up to 130 million hydroxychloroquine tablets, pending regulatory approvals for COVID-19. Mylan is ramping up production at its West Virginia Facility with enough supplies to make 50 million tablets. Teva is donating 16 million tablets to hospitals around the U.S. On Friday afternoon, Amneal pledged to make 20 million tablets by mid-April.​

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Maybe Trump wants to push this drug because it is the cure and could help thousands upon thousands of infected people. Thank you Trump for putting America first and only.
Hey Neo - As the fine patriot that you are I urge you to get an Rx for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. After all Trump just said you have nothing to lose and it won't hurt you. Take it Neo. Let us all know how it works out for you.

Neo In The Matrix

The Matrix Is All Around You
Hey Neo - As the fine patriot that you are I urge you to get an Rx for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. After all Trump just said you have nothing to lose and it won't hurt you. Take it Neo. Let us all know how it works out for you.
Why would I do that when I don't have symptoms and haven't tested positive for COVID-19? There are however, people in ICU fighting for their lives. I highly recommend this treatment for them. Why should we deny them that? Thousands of American lives are on the line. Why won't anybody listen?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member

Swing Left @swingleft

The generic drug Trump keeps pushing as an unverified, possibly unsafe treatment for COVID-19 was made by Novartis, who paid Michael Cohen $1.2 million to get access to Trump.

http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/novartis_back_in_the_spotlight_over_trumpcohen_links_1279690?SQ_DESIGN_NAME=2& …

8:52 PM - Apr 5, 2020

No surprise, eh?
f o l l o w t h e m o n e y - the key to all of his decisions.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
but he does say he doesn't know if it works or not, so why not use it ?

but he does have a gut feeling, and with that 56 inch waist - that is a huge feeling

Swing Left @swingleft

The generic drug Trump keeps pushing as an unverified, possibly unsafe treatment for COVID-19 was made by Novartis, who paid Michael Cohen $1.2 million to get access to Trump.

http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/novartis_back_in_the_spotlight_over_trumpcohen_links_1279690?SQ_DESIGN_NAME=2& …

8:52 PM - Apr 5, 2020

No surprise, eh?
Your link:

"Cohen’s testimony in front of a congressional committee yesterday was notable for departing from Novartis’ version of events in a number of respects, including how many times he had contact with the pharma giant, and what Novartis hoped to achieve through the relationship.

"He told the House Oversight committee members that Novartis’ $1.2m fee was intended to get him to work as lobbyist who could provide access to President Trump and other government officials, while Novartis has previously suggested it was intended for general information on the administration’s approach to healthcare policy."

Trump once bragged he could make a profit running for POTUS.

If he's currently accepting payments to promote an unproven drug to treat Covid-19, it will come as no surprise to me.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Why would I do that when I don't have symptoms and haven't tested positive for COVID-19? There are however, people in ICU fighting for their lives. I highly recommend this treatment for them. Why should we deny them that? Thousands of American lives are on the line. Why won't anybody listen?
Another winger “cyber-doctor.”

;-)

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The drug has been off-patent for decades.

And this:

Novartis has pledged a global donation of up to 130 million hydroxychloroquine tablets, pending regulatory approvals for COVID-19. Mylan is ramping up production at its West Virginia Facility with enough supplies to make 50 million tablets. Teva is donating 16 million tablets to hospitals around the U.S. On Friday afternoon, Amneal pledged to make 20 million tablets by mid-April.

Trump and his friends cashing in on an unverified drug that Sweden found in their trials caused severe side-effects such as seizure and vision impairment.
Snake oil salesman Trump says take it......because he wants to make $$.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Trump and his friends cashing in on an unverified drug that Sweden found in their trials caused severe side-effects such as seizure and vision impairment.
Snake oil salesman Trump says take it......because he wants to make $$.
Also irregular heart beat and these;

Common hydroxychloroquine side effects may include:
  • headache, dizziness, ringing in your ears;
  • nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
  • loss of appetite, weight loss;
  • mood changes, feeling nervous or irritable;
  • skin rash or itching; or.
  • hair loss. ( VP Trump** won't take it just for this fact, he brings that hair from the back of his neck now - sincere beehive indeed )

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Why did VP Trump** deny for 70 days it was a PANDEMIC - is the better question that voters will ask in November

56 state landslide