• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hey BD...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Wind gusts here will be closer to 50ish than 40ish. 30 minutes ago, Nicholas was about 20 miles offshore from Matagorda, moving north/northeast and maximum sustained winds had increased to 75 mph making it a hurricane. Our rain forecast is 4-10 inches. It will make landfall in the next handful of hours. Ima be up for awhile. I wanna be awake when the wind kicks up.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Wind gusts here will be closer to 50ish than 40ish. 30 minutes ago, Nicholas was about 20 miles offshore from Matagorda, moving north/northeast and maximum sustained winds had increased to 75 mph making it a hurricane. Our rain forecast is 4-10 inches. It will make landfall in the next handful of hours. Ima be up for awhile. I wanna be awake when the wind kicks up.
sweet dreams...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Dude made landfall at 12:30am CST at Sargent, Matagorda County, TX with 75 mph winds. Most of Matagorda County is without power. Friends in Galveston getting gusts up to 60 mph. Wind is whipping pretty good at my house.

God of War

Governor
Dude made landfall at 12:30am CST at Sargent, Matagorda County, TX with 75 mph winds. Most of Matagorda County is without power. Friends in Galveston getting gusts up to 60 mph. Wind is whipping pretty good at my house.
Wind is less the problem than water. Keep safe and hopefully your county has hardened up infrastructure to get going again real soon.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I guess it's marching toward me now and it's so foggy you could cut it with a knife, if it were August this would a blizzard come winter

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of a mostly rain event, it turned out to be mostly a wind event here. I think the gusts got in the mid-50s for a bit during the very early morning hours. Just sprinkling a bit here right now. Lots of folks without power.

PNWest

Instead of a mostly rain event, it turned out to be mostly a wind event here. I think the gusts got in the mid-50s for a bit during the very early morning hours. Just sprinkling a bit here right now. Lots of folks without power.
If the storm is passed then if is like the storms that came when we lived there you should be getting some nice cool dry northern air air as the stprm moves north and to the east.

Couldda been worse. Happy for you.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
From the weather maps, it looks like we only got 3-4 inches of rain during the night where I live. Saw a few tree limbs and a coupla trees down and one fence down on the way to my office this morning. That's about it. Some of my employees lost power during the night so they were kinda happy to come into work today. :)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Heavy mist tonight but otherwise calm. Tree limbs and fences seemed to be the biggest casualties. Saw some downed trees. Some of them needed to be down because they were in a bad place to begin with.

PNWest

Heavy mist tonight but otherwise calm. Tree limbs and fences seemed to be the biggest casualties. Saw some downed trees. Some of them needed to be down because they were in a bad place to begin with.

Just like always, clean it all up and Keep on Truckin'. HEB has your back.