• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hey Frayers.

write on

Senator
Keep going back to this.. what a cast of characters
Did/have you heard anything about JackDallas? Is he still alive? How's he doing? We lived close in the Dallas metro but never met up. I remember he was quite a bit older than I was at the time and our politics were about the same as they are today here.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Did/have you heard anything about JackDallas? Is he still alive? How's he doing? We lived close in the Dallas metro but never met up. I remember he was quite a bit older than I was at the time and our politics were about the same as they are today here.
Looks like he hasn't been here since 2021
Hope he's ok

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Those were absolutely the good old days -- mainly because we were much younger then. :)
I apologize for not remembering your nickname or Dawg's.
I would probably remember you, guys, if your nicknames were still the same.
Actually, I remember many nicknames I didn't mention.
Addy, I'm sure my nick was Dawg way back then also

Boltlady

Mayor
Just wondering how many of us are left that migrated here from The Fray? Y'all realize it's been a little over 11 years since the plug got pulled at The Fray? I remember the frenzied posting the last day or 2. Nobody knew exactly when the plug was gonna be pulled and everyone was trying to be the one to get the last post in. My recollection is that Bugsy or GordonGecko(don't remember is Fray name) got the last word. :)

We've been through 3 POTUS and 3 midterm elections since then. Unreal huh?

What was your nickname in The Fray? Mine was BD. I'm not too imaginative when it comes to posting nics. :D
After reading this whole thread and seeing where most of you came over from I can see why so many of you post as you do. I was sponsored in by MaryAnne from Kausfiles. In fact on the morning of 9/11 I was on Kausfiles posting with James Wilson (who came to PJ for a short time) and was watching the crashes on the Today show and was describing it to the other posters. I mention that to verify how long I've been around with my same name.

BTW I tangled with Jack Dallas many times.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
After reading this whole thread and seeing where most of you came over from I can see why so many of you post as you do. I was sponsored in by MaryAnne from Kausfiles. In fact on the morning of 9/11 I was on Kausfiles posting with James Wilson (who came to PJ for a short time) and was watching the crashes on the Today show and was describing it to the other posters. I mention that to verify how long I've been around with my same name.

BTW I tangled with Jack Dallas many times.
I ventured into Kausfiles from time to time when the Fray forums were still connected to the Slate magazine sections/articles. I want to say that the poster known as Arkady here was a Kausfiles poster. I don't recall his nickname in The Fray.

Boltlady

Mayor
I ventured into Kausfiles from time to time when the Fray forums were still connected to the Slate magazine sections/articles. I want to say that the poster known as Arkady here was a Kausfiles poster. I don't recall his nickname in The Fray.
Arkady was known as Michael. He almost used KF as a diary. He told us about his background, when he got married and what kind of car he had, etc.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
During the Moira Redmond era in The Fray, I remember the Star Poster and checkmarked post/thread system. She created some motivation for posters to strive to be better writers/article commenters/thread starters. It was considered an honor too, when a Slate author/writer entered The Fray and joined in a discussion thread.

Boltlady

Mayor
During the Moira Redmond era in The Fray, I remember the Star Poster and checkmarked post/thread system. She created some motivation for posters to strive to be better writers/article commenters/thread starters. It was considered an honor too, when a Slate author/writer entered The Fray and joined in a discussion thread.
She was special. We felt lost when she left. I think she went back to England. Could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Thanks for clarifying, Dawg. Odd I don't remember you though. :)
Merry Christmas!
Oh well
Merry Christmas
Power finally back on from Rolling Blackouts here ( 2 days for me more for others) from the weather, electric cars may be in trouble when they can't even power homes!

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Oh well
Merry Christmas
Power finally back on from Rolling Blackouts here ( 2 days for me more for others) from the weather, electric cars may be in trouble when they can't even power homes!
Sorry to hear that. It's been really rough for so many people having no power during this extreme winter blast. Thankfully your power was restored.

My power company gave us a rolling blackout as well. It only lasted about 10 minutes though, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Then they announced they wouldn't impose any more for our area, that was a huge relief.

We have a balmy 24 degrees this morning, a big change from a minus 3 and zero temps from a few days ago. Snow is coming our way now, hoping it will be light event and not as cold.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I remember someone explaining to me how to space and indent paragraphs. Before that, all my posts were one paragraph. Nothing bad about that. I had to learn to keep it brief and get to the point. You still don't see me posting walls of text in forums like these.
I have to be the worst typist on PJ... don't steal my fame. :)
If I could type as fast as I actually speak -- it would be an amazing feat.

I forgot to mention another nic, NightSwimmer. I loved his posting style, He could condense his thoughts on a topic better that any poster I have ever seen.
I am sorry he drifted away from PJ to another board.
He was such a nifty poster.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Sorry to hear that. It's been really rough for so many people having no power during this extreme winter blast. Thankfully your power was restored.

My power company gave us a rolling blackout as well. It only lasted about 10 minutes though, so it wasn't that big of a deal.
Then they announced they wouldn't impose any more for our area, that was a huge relief.

We have a balmy 24 degrees this morning, a big change from a minus 3 and zero temps from a few days ago. Snow is coming our way now, hoping it will be light event and not as cold.
Thx and glad you only had a short blackout. This type weather isn't close to the norms here (-5) so it caught everyone off guard and unprepared and my 1st experience with rolling blackouts, never needed a generator at home but thinking now of getting one that kicks in if power fails.

We had a balmy 11* this morning with 60*+ highs acomin'