• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hey Look who just joined the #Walkaway movement.

Spamature

President
I think I am starting to like this movement.

Why the man Trump once called ‘my African American’ is leaving the GOP

Politics Sep 12, 2019 1:06 PM EDT

Gregory Cheadle, the black man President Donald Trump once described at a rally as “my African American,” is fed up.

After two years of frustration with the president’s rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in the administration, Cheadle told PBS NewsHour he has decided to leave the Republican party and run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representative as an independent in 2020.

Now, the 62-year-old real estate broker, who supported the Republican approach to the economy, said he sees the party as pursuing a “pro-white” agenda and using black people like him as “political pawns.” The final straw for Cheadle came when he watched many Republicans defend Trump’s tweets telling four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens, to go back to their countries, as well as defend the president’s attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and his comments that Cummings’ hometown of Baltimore is “infested.”

“President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme,” said Cheadle, of Redding, Calif., who switched from being an independent to a Republican in 2001. “Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/man-trump-once-called-my-african-american-leaves-republican-party

Colorforms

Senator

Gregory Cheadle, the black man President Donald Trump once described at a rally as “my African American,” is fed up.

After two years of frustration with the president’s rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in the administration, Cheadle told PBS NewsHour he has decided to leave the Republican party and run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representative as an independent in 2020.

Now, the 62-year-old real estate broker, who supported the Republican approach to the economy, said he sees the party as pursuing a “pro-white” agenda and using black people like him as “political pawns.” The final straw for Cheadle came when he watched many Republicans defend Trump’s tweets telling four congresswomen of color, who are all American citizens, to go back to their countries, as well as defend the president’s attacks on Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and his comments that Cummings’ hometown of Baltimore is “infested.”

“President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme,” said Cheadle, of Redding, Calif., who switched from being an independent to a Republican in 2001. “Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/man-trump-once-called-my-african-american-leaves-republican-party
His loss. I guess he can start backing those democrats who are threatening to take his guns, take his money, ban him from straws, meat, and airplanes, and allow illegals in unchecked to overwhelm our social safety net.

Good luck to him.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
His loss. I guess he can start backing those democrats who are threatening to take his guns, take his money, ban him from straws, meat, and airplanes, and allow illegals in unchecked to overwhelm our social safety net.

Good luck to him.
OH MY GOD. TAKE HIS GUNS??
How inhumane.

Spamature

President

Good luck to him.
He be running for congress as an Independent in the Republican where he lives.

Good to see you are wishing him luck.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
How unconstitutional :)
The 2nd amendment needs to be amended to specify what kind of weapons should be legal to protect ones family. You'd be the first one to protest this crap if it was one of your family members that was shot down. And don't deny it...unless you're as unfeeling as the NRA bigots who make sure it will keep happening.

It's unconstitutional, as well, for a President to serve over 2 terms....do you like it when Trump keeps talking about continuing his "dynasty" after 2024?

Colorforms

Senator
The 2nd amendment needs to be amended to specify what kind of weapons should be legal to protect ones family. You'd be the first one to protest this crap if it was one of your family members that was shot down. And don't deny it...unless you're as unfeeling as the NRA bigots who make sure it will keep happening.

It's unconstitutional, as well, for a President to serve over 2 terms....do you like it when Trump keeps talking about continuing his "dynasty" after 2024?
No, democrats need to quit insisting on taking away people's rights. :)

Colorforms

Senator
Sour grapes ?
Why would I have sour grapes? He's leaving because Trump didn't kiss enough black ass. That's his prerogative. If all he's going to do is look at the petty stuff and ignore how well the black community is doing under Trump, that is his option.

I'm just saying that kind of bigotry is better suited out of the GOP, and so I am happy he's switched.

Spamature

President
Why would I have sour grapes? He's leaving because Trump didn't kiss enough black ass. That's his prerogative. If all he's going to do is look at the petty stuff and ignore how well the black community is doing under Trump, that is his option.

I'm just saying that kind of bigotry is better suited out of the GOP, and so I am happy he's switched.
He seems to think bigotry is at home in the GOP. Your congressional make up and Trump's appointments and his rhetoric seem to back him up.

Colorforms

Senator
He seems to think bigotry is at home in the GOP. Your congressional make up and Trump's appointments and his rhetoric seem to back him up.
He can think that all he wants. It's good he left. More power to him.

Blacks have never fared better under Trump. If he wants to cry "racist" then he's got personal problems to deal with.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

Meet Gregory Cheadle, JD, MPA

The only candidate strong and bold enough to be what a Republican used to be and what a Democrat ought to be, an INDEPENDENT STATESMAN for WE THE PEOPLE

http://cheadleforcongress.com/

Guess who wont be caucusing with Democrats? But really what can we glean from Gregory Cheadle?

Here is more of what he says:

CHEADLE is not part of the old guard, good ol' boy, statist Republican or Democrat Party
The only candidate strong and bold enough to be what a Republican used to be and what a Democrat ought to be, an INDEPENDENT STATESMAN for WE THE PEOPLE

Guess who wont be caucusing with Democrats? But really what can we glean from Gregory Cheadle?

CHEADLE is not part of the old guard, good ol' boy, statist Republican or Democrat Party

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

What we can learn is he is not one of you people.

Spamature

President

What we can learn is he is not one of you people.
He finally realized Trump's racism and he

#Walkaway

Spamature

President
He can think that all he wants. It's good he left. More power to him.

Blacks have never fared better under Trump. If he wants to cry "racist" then he's got personal problems to deal with.
Obama reduced Black Unemployment by almost 10%. Trump stands on what he built and Trump is also on the verge of destroying it.

I bet most blacks Cheadle knows ask him what took you so long ?