• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hi. Im SouthernBoy

Barbella

Senator
No board has EVER been that for me. Not for an instant. I assume you are speaking for yourself, @Woolleybugger. Don't assume it applies to all. It doesn't.

I have no quarrel with SB. I encourage everyone to just be who they are at all times. Interestingly enough, he exemplifies how Trump Talk is sometimes accepted .........and sometimes not..........depending on who is doing it.
I take most posters with a grain of salt, Jen... the majority are probably decent people in real life, and I'd buy them a glass of merlot or a bottle of beer... LOL

Only a few (like whatshisshitface Solomon..no... Jeremiah...nope... uh whatthehellwashisname you know who I mean?) and a few others really got under my skin... the rest I can handle without getting truly pissed... LOLOLOL

Jen

Senator
I take most posters with a grain of salt, Jen... the majority are probably decent people in real life, and I'd buy them a glass of merlot or a bottle of beer... LOL

Only a few (like whatshisshitface Solomon..no... Jeremiah...nope... uh whatthehellwashisname you know who I mean?) and a few others really got under my skin... the rest I can handle without getting truly pissed... LOLOLOL
I take it with a grain of salt, @Barbella, but it is not akin to "masturbation" as Woolleybugger outright said it was to him.

Lately I have come to the conclusion that many posters are disturbed and I would not meet them alone much less have a merlot or beer with them. On a cross-country trip once, many years ago with my family, we met one of my forum friends who was certifiably crazy. Huge mistake that I regret to this day. I admit that has influenced any thought of personally meeting others.

I rarely get angry in real life, but I think it's funny to feign anger on a board. Nobody here actually has the power to get under my skin. Those I call "friend" here do have the power to hurt me. That's a little scary, but I can deal with it.

I take it with a grain of salt, @Barbella, but it is not akin to "masturbation" as Woolleybugger outright said it was to him.

Lately I have come to the conclusion that many posters are disturbed and I would not meet them alone much less have a merlot or beer with them. On a cross-country trip once, many years ago with my family, we met one of my forum friends who was certifiably crazy. Huge mistake that I regret to this day. I admit that has influenced any thought of personally meeting others.

I rarely get angry in real life, but I think it's funny to feign anger on a board. Nobody here actually has the power to get under my skin. Those I call "friend" here do have the power to hurt me. That's a little scary, but I can deal with it.
Perhaps new batteries will help. As for having a beer or a drink with some of us here, I have done that with a few of my more strident opponents and believe me, we had a great time. It is difficult sometimes to separate our online bluster and banter from our personal lives but at the end of the day, its all just masturbation in public because not a single post, not a single rebuttal, not one perfect rant will change the mind of anyone here or affect the election by one vote. So, given that all our efforts are really quite useless it seems to me that it represents a solo sex life, it hurts no one, changes nothing and results in an empty feeling of elation much like a good tug or rub.

Perhaps new batteries will help. As for having a beer or a drink with some of us here, I have done that with a few of my more strident opponents and believe me, we had a great time. It is difficult sometimes to separate our online bluster and banter from our personal lives but at the end of the day, its all just masturbation in public because not a single post, not a single rebuttal, not one perfect rant will change the mind of anyone here or affect the election by one vote. So, given that all our efforts are really quite useless it seems to me that it represents a solo sex life, it hurts no one, changes nothing and results in an empty feeling of elation much like a good tug or rub.
I have changed my mind about so many many things since I have been frequenting forum cafes. In part by listening to 'another pov' sometimes seeing things from angles I had never even imagined before, sometimes that in order to answer a question I have been drawn to seriously research the facts of subjects that I had only had beliefs based on instinct or emotion before. True that I come from a different culture and came into this 'world' with certain perceptions, perceptions which have often been proved untrue to me in interacting with those who inhabit this 'world', those who have generously taken me into it or if my mind has not changed I have come to a more rounded and non-judgmental ( for all my aggression ;)) understanding of it.

If I had not been so generously accepted by Slate/PJ posters, and been allowed to - from being rather inarticulate, unpracticed/undisciplined in articulating or even forming my thoughts, I would not now being doing a degree in Law - I would be rather a sad figure I suspect - one who had not dared to explore her mind and academic ability.

I don't know how much you know of the concept of equality within the ancient temples but, though we may not do it justice and it is, if you understand the concept, ironic that politics be our subject, equality in forum society is akin to the ancient concept of it - no matter our standing in life or our ability to articulate we are equal in here -which is what I love most about it.

And if you insist on using masterbation as a metaphor - we could also have quite a conversation about that too - from East to West and spirituality and etc But I suspect what you are saying is that no one ever opens their minds - I disagree if only in that we do open up to each other to some degree or another, not necessarily political.

Barbella

Senator
I have changed my mind about so many many things since I have been frequenting forum cafes. In part by listening to 'another pov' sometimes seeing things from angles I had never even imagined before, sometimes that in order to answer a question I have been drawn to seriously research the facts of subjects that I had only had beliefs based on instinct or emotion before. True that I come from a different culture and came into this 'world' with certain perceptions, perceptions which have often been proved untrue to me in interacting with those who inhabit this 'world', those who have generously taken me into it or if my mind has not changed I have come to a more rounded and non-judgmental ( for all my aggression ;)) understanding of it.

If I had not been so generously accepted by Slate/PJ posters, and been allowed to - from being rather inarticulate, unpracticed/undisciplined in articulating or even forming my thoughts, I would not now being doing a degree in Law - I would be rather a sad figure I suspect - one who had not dared to explore her mind and academic ability.

I don't know how much you know of the concept of equality within the ancient temples but, though we may not do it justice and it is, if you understand the concept, ironic that politics be our subject, equality in forum society is akin to the ancient concept of it - no matter our standing in life or our ability to articulate we are equal in here -which is what I love most about it.

And if you insist on using masterbation as a metaphor - we could also have quite a conversation about that too - from East to West and spirituality and etc But I suspect what you are saying is that no one ever opens their minds - I disagree if only in that we do open up to each other to some degree or another, not necessarily political.
Lovely post, Queenie! XXX

Lovely post, Queenie! XXX
I saw Whoolley's sentiments expressed quite regularly within a certain clique on Slate --- where in the cynical was found to be profoundly clever - well maybe they were so in love with their 'clevernesses' that constantly repeating them to each other was a from of intellectual masturbation, I dunno, personally I would call that stagnation - but though we might all bore ourselves and each other at times it never actually rang true to me :)

I was going to ignore it but - it has been further discussed so - my two pennies jumped in too ;)

Jen

Senator

I love your post here, Queen.
Brutal as forum posting is, it is definitely an education.
Using "masturbation" as a metaphor was meant to be startling. We tend to use shocking words here for exactly that reason. I applaud its use although I don't embrace it or own it. The person who chose to use that word can own it and believe it and that's fine.

I love your post here, Queen.
Brutal as forum posting is, it is definitely an education.
Using "masturbation" as a metaphor was meant to be startling. We tend to use shocking words here for exactly that reason. I applaud its use although I don't embrace it or own it. The person who chose to use that word can own it and believe it and that's fine.
Oh I understand what it is said for and up to a point understand why --- I do find it rather crude, and not just in the 'sexual' sense but that mankind, in conversation or otherwise, is not that simple/crude nor are PJ or other posters - Whoolley does us all and herself a disservice by believing that we all just rubbing up against each other in here to get off somehow and not posting from other perhaps unexpressed levels --- but sure, who are we to tell other people what to believe?

Jen

Senator
Oh I understand what it is said for and up to a point understand why --- I do find it rather crude, and not just in the 'sexual' sense but that mankind, in conversation or otherwise, is not that simple/crude nor are PJ or other posters - Whoolley does us all and herself a disservice by believing that we all just rubbing up against each other in here to get off somehow and not posting from other perhaps unexpressed levels --- but sure, who are we to tell other people what to believe?
I took it to mean it's what Woolley does.
After all, he/she is really only able to speak for him/herself.
Crude, indeed. That it most certainly was.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
I did Trump talk before it was cool.

I've never met a lady who I couldn't make tingle with delight....

Some admitted it some didn't but they all tingled. Believe me...

SB
Big ole cod

LeilaniMP

Empress

Excellent post!

Fins

Fray Terror
Now this is starting to look like a party. If we just could find an old hippy that lives off the grid, it would be like old times.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Now this is starting to look like a party. If we just could find an old hippy that lives off the grid, it would be like old times.
I corresponded with one of 'em by snail mail and phone for a few years but lost touch with him years back.

Fins

Fray Terror
I was in Colorado a while back. After a night of drinking triples of Woodford Reserve that were being bought by someone else, someone handed me a gummy bear. That was the end of the night for me.