• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hi!

Alan

Council Member
It's another presidential election year. The last time I was here was 4 years ago in anticipation of Election 2012. After another four years with President Obama, nothing has really changed. Same old, same old (student debt continues to rise; seniors are forced to work beyond their golden years just to make ends meet; violence in the major cities across the country is beyond spiraling out of control, yet all we continue to hear about is "terror", "terror", "terror", "war", "war", "war"). For all of this, we may as well kept George Bush (43) in office. So, much for all of that hope and change.

In politics I yearn for Republicans to be akin to Abraham Lincoln and Dwight David Eisenhower; and for Democrats to be akin to Thomas Jefferson and John F. Kennedy. Politics shouldn't be about party, it should be about the people and representative government. Since none of these figures will ever grace the political stage ever again, I identify as an Independent voter. If the election was held tomorrow, I would simply enter the voting booth and write in Elizabeth Warren for President and former Virginia Governor L. Douglas Wilder as her Vice-President. Where have all of the good men and women gone? America needs leadership at this stage in our history, we don't need more exclusion and hate.

Caroljo

Senator
At this point, I'm really think I may not vote at all this election. I won't make up my mind until we actually have our nominee's. I already know I won't vote for any of the Democrats....and I have mixed feelings about all the Republicans. I also think this is going to get really nasty!

It's another presidential election year. The last time I was here was 4 years ago in anticipation of Election 2012. After another four years with President Obama, nothing has really changed. Same old, same old (student debt continues to rise; seniors are forced to work beyond their golden years just to make ends meet; violence in the major cities across the country is beyond spiraling out of control, yet all we continue to hear about is "terror", "terror", "terror", "war", "war", "war"). For all of this, we may as well kept George Bush (43) in office. So, much for all of that hope and change.

In politics I yearn for Republicans to be akin to Abraham Lincoln and Dwight David Eisenhower; and for Democrats to be akin to Thomas Jefferson and John F. Kennedy. Politics shouldn't be about party, it should be about the people and representative government. Since none of these figures will ever grace the political stage ever again, I identify as an Independent voter. If the election was held tomorrow, I would simply enter the voting booth and write in Elizabeth Warren for President and former Virginia Governor L. Douglas Wilder as her Vice-President. Where have all of the good men and women gone? America needs leadership at this stage in our history, we don't need more exclusion and hate.
Lol election time is the very time I avoid this place ;)

Alan

Council Member
@Queen Titania That's because you are smart. Every time I think I can stay away, there's nothing like a presidential election that pulls me right back in.

@Caroljo If things get really nasty the electorate will welcome Clinton-Bush, OneAmerica

MaryAnne

Governor
Welcome back, Alan.

Not to worry. I think most of us are really tired of all the nastiness and hysteria from the MSM.

When you reach the point of watching, The Hoarders on TV, you know it is bad.

Queenie, they even have hoarders in England. :) watched a show last week. Of course I am a fan of Gordon Ramsey. That cute, little tousle headed,fowl mouthed Chef!

Welcome back, Alan.

Not to worry. I think most of us are really tired of all the nastiness and hysteria from the MSM.

When you reach the point of watching, The Hoarders on TV, you know it is bad.

Queenie, they even have hoarders in England. :) watched a show last week. Of course I am a fan of Gordon Ramsey. That cute, little tousle headed,fowl mouthed Chef!
I was talking to my local fishmonger about Gordon Ramsey , he was really nice to him and his dad. Mike the fishmonger , I knew that I was a valued customer when swore at me on a regular basis ! Ramsey posed for photos with his ninety year old dad and then said, No , no this won't do, Oi Mike , come here get in the picture !! And got the cam merman to take pictures of them all together in the fish shop !

MaryAnne

Governor
I was talking to my local fishmonger about Gordon Ramsey , he was really nice to him and his dad. Mike the fishmonger , I knew that I was a valued customer when swore at me on a regular basis ! Ramsey posed for photos with his ninety year old dad and then said, No , no this won't do, Oi Mike , come here get in the picture !! And got the cam merman to take pictures of them all together in the fish shop !
One of the funniest guys I have ever seen on BBC. Gordon also has a show here.

We get all the old English shows on PBS. I love them. Now can watche them on YouTube.I have called in to Midwest Radio.

A Daniel O'Donnell fan. Have talked to many of his English fans. One,who moved to Australia, could not get Daniel, actually took training with her Son, created her own radio station.

Alan

Council Member
Appreciate the welcome back, MaryAnne, and thank goodness for alternative telly viewing. Enjoy your day.

MaryAnne

Governor
Appreciate the welcome back, MaryAnne, and thank goodness for alternative telly viewing. Enjoy your day.
Thank you, Alan.q I took a break,too. But honestly our Election season is just too long,too expensive. Think what could be done with those billions spent to improve our country.

England has the right idea on elections. Wham, bam,it is over.