• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

History and why it's important.

ray9

Council Member
History gets a bum rap these days just as it did 50 years ago when I was still in school. It was boring to study all those past figures that wore wigs and strutted in funny clothing. In America we yawned as we learned about our escape from King George with citizens along with Indians dumping tea into a harbor. There was a Boston Massacre where some people died standing up for something. It was tedious and so long ago. I wanted to play my guitar in a rock band because I was distanced from that history by the arrow of time. I know now that I should have paid more attention to what others were trying to tell me.

History is a collective memory of how we got to where we are today. Mistakes were made. Repeating mistakes is the first rule of de-evolution and any living thing does not learn from mistakes will vanish, Darwin made that clear. Ideas, beliefs, and cultural aggregations are like living things, they can evolve or devolve in the same way. Past mistakes can only be atoned by not repeating them; there is no way to undo past missteps.

If you step on a rock and twist your ankle you must suffer the consequences but your personal history establishes a record that warns you not to step on that rock again or any similar rock without care to avoid the same outcome. Historical events are no different. We memorialize them to remind others about the pitfalls of mistakes that came before them.

We are in a revolutionary moment in our history not unlike Banana Republics or ethnically-cleansing balkanizing federations in other countries. A part of our history has been hijacked by academics and globalist corporations to incite the overthrow of the foundations of our history. This prevails because our actual history has been distorted and perverted by subversive ideological radicals that hold sway over the young.

This is accompanied by the cowardice of a leadership that fears being exposed as recipients of the benefits of the insurrection and missing the boat of the side that may win. Statues topple, monuments are defaced, and bedlam wracks our cities. This is not new. Venezuela went down the same way just recently.

You see why history is so important? I wish I Had seen it all those years ago

Last edited:

voyager

4Q2247365
History gives you a base to go by and you can either learn from it or not.

Money is the source of all evil. In the case of the Government, tax money, insider money, Fed money.

History gets a bum rap these days just as it did 50 years ago when I was still in school. It was boring to study all those past figures that wore wigs and strutted in funny clothing. In America we yawned as we learned about our escape from King George with citizens along with Indians dumping tea into a harbor. There was a Boston Massacre where some people died standing up for something. It was tedious and so long ago. I wanted to play my guitar in a rock band because I was distanced from that history by the arrow of time. I know now that I should have paid more attention to what others were trying to tell me.

History is a collective memory of how we got to where we are today. Mistakes were made. Repeating mistakes is the first rule of de-evolution and any living thing does not learn from mistakes will vanish, Darwin made that clear. Ideas, beliefs, and cultural aggregations are like living things, they can evolve or devolve in the same way. Past mistakes can only be atoned by not repeating them; there is no way to undo past missteps.

If you step on a rock and twist your ankle you must suffer the consequences but your personal history establishes a record that warns you not to step on that rock again or any similar rock without care to avoid the same outcome. Historical events are no different. We memorialize them to remind others about the pitfalls of mistakes that came before them.

We are in a revolutionary moment in our history not unlike Banana Republics or ethnically-cleansing balkanizing federations in other countries. A part of our history has been hijacked by academics and globalist corporations to incite the overthrow of the foundations of our history. This prevails because our actual history has been distorted and perverted by subversive ideological radicals that hold sway over the young.

This is accompanied by the cowardice of a leadership that fears being exposed as recipients of the benefits of the insurrection and missing the boat of the side that may win. Statues topple, monuments are defaced, and bedlam wracks our cities. This is not new. Venezuela went down the same way just recently.

You see why history is so important? I wish I Had seen it all those years ago
History is nothing but worthless trivia. Why do you think all the history majors make the best frapacuinos?