• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

History is for suckers.

D

Deleted smush

It is a fact. Why? Well there is a truism that says, "History is written by the victors." That doesn't make it true. Sometimes the wrong side wins. As was the case with WW II. Also, there is another truism that says, "In war, truth is the first casualty." No doubt, for the winning side, it remains a casualty. Another thing is that there were a couple notable people in the past who had some correct observations on history. One was Napoleon. He said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Another notable person was Tolstoy. He said, "History would be a wonderful thing. If it were only true."

I would like to tell you some historical truths. But the power of the victors in that regard is epic. I doubt if I would be allowed to. And I could back up what I had to say far beyond your ability to doubt. In fact, there are many topics I would like to talk about. And this forum could invite 100 of the absolutely smartest people on the PLANET to come here and debate me over what I might say. For those foolish enough to try, I would intellectually destroy them. I'm not bragging. It's just a fact. Though it isn't because I am a super genius. It is because cults are incredibly easy to smash. Because cults have no basis in reality. It is like a sort of Stockholm Syndrome. What I would basically be going up against in that regard are heroin junkies. Hardly a challenge at all.

Zam-Zam

Senator
It is a fact. Why? Well there is a truism that says, "History is written by the victors." That doesn't make it true. Sometimes the wrong side wins. As was the case with WW II. Also, there is another truism that says, "In war, truth is the first casualty." No doubt, for the winning side, it remains a casualty. Another thing is that there were a couple notable people in the past who had some correct observations on history. One was Napoleon. He said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Another notable person was Tolstoy. He said, "History would be a wonderful thing. If it were only true."

I would like to tell you some historical truths. But the power of the victors in that regard is epic. I doubt if I would be allowed to. And I could back up what I had to say far beyond your ability to doubt. In fact, there are many topics I would like to talk about. And this forum could invite 100 of the absolutely smartest people on the PLANET to come here and debate me over what I might say. For those foolish enough to try, I would intellectually destroy them. I'm not bragging. It's just a fact. Though it isn't because I am a super genius. It is because cults are incredibly easy to smash. Because cults have no basis in reality. It is like a sort of Stockholm Syndrome. What I would basically be going up against in that regard are heroin junkies. Hardly a challenge at all.
Agree to disagree - I suppose that makes me a "sucker" - So be it.

I believe there is value in understanding our past and how we got here. If you prefer ignorance of past events, that's fine by me, but I prefer knowledge myself.

Standing by to be "destroyed". :)

4/15

Mayor

I believe there is value in understanding our past and how we got here. If you prefer ignorance of past events, that's fine by me, but I prefer knowledge myself.

Count me in as #2.

D

Deleted smush

Tell me what you disagree with. I can accommodate you.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

but is there value in communicating with cultwash?