• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

History is for suckers.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Fair question.

We'll see where it goes.
In his first go-round here, he started out by asking if it was ok to post "Ni**ger" here. He didn't make it out of that thread without getting pulled from the starting lineup.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
In his first go-round here, he started out by asking if it was ok to post "Ni**ger" here. He didn't make it out of that thread without getting pulled from the starting lineup.
And now he's off hammering his wee fists on his keyboard

Zam-Zam

Senator
Some folks can't function without name-calling, I guess.

We'll struggle on without his insight here somehow.

:D

Boltlady

Mayor
It is a fact. Why? Well there is a truism that says, "History is written by the victors." That doesn't make it true. Sometimes the wrong side wins. As was the case with WW II. Also, there is another truism that says, "In war, truth is the first casualty." No doubt, for the winning side, it remains a casualty. Another thing is that there were a couple notable people in the past who had some correct observations on history. One was Napoleon. He said, "History is a set of lies agreed upon." Another notable person was Tolstoy. He said, "History would be a wonderful thing. If it were only true."

I would like to tell you some historical truths. But the power of the victors in that regard is epic. I doubt if I would be allowed to. And I could back up what I had to say far beyond your ability to doubt. In fact, there are many topics I would like to talk about. And this forum could invite 100 of the absolutely smartest people on the PLANET to come here and debate me over what I might say. For those foolish enough to try, I would intellectually destroy them. I'm not bragging. It's just a fact. Though it isn't because I am a super genius. It is because cults are incredibly easy to smash. Because cults have no basis in reality. It is like a sort of Stockholm Syndrome. What I would basically be going up against in that regard are heroin junkies. Hardly a challenge at all.
I'm responding here even though you've been banned. That's a crying shame because you've made some very true statements. If you were allowed to get into actual debates with some folks here it would be quite enlightening. There re very few actual debates with honest exchanges of ideas and knowledge that happen here.

As for history it's an ever evolving subject. As you've said it's largely written by victors but sometimes it's simply a matter of repetition being accepted as truth. I'm 83 yrs old and I've seen waves and cycles of information being passed off as history. Although it's difficult to know what really happened in different circumstances, if groups don't like what it was they simply write a new version and claim that's the real one now.

In most cases the real truth can be dug out but it takes a lot of deep searching. When it is found it gets shut out as being conspiracies or lies because it's not what various groups want known. You say that you could back up things you would say but evidently that would bruise too many sensibilities here. So you've been banned.

I'll never get to know you but I miss you.