• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ho hum. I guess we're going to the brink (again) on this debt crisis thing....

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Pelosi is not in charge of the budget...

The WH submits the budget. It is voted on by both the House and the Senate.

I'd bet you make the accusation again soon...this isn't the first time you have irrationally and incorrectly blamed Pelosi.
So your saying you didn't read my post. Genius (D) at work again. I never mentioned the budget. The White House doesn't submit "the" budget, they submit a budget. Then the House originates a spending bill and the White House hopes that the House includes the items they wanted.
Budget of the U.S. Government | USAGov

What wrote about was the House is responsible for spending bills.

That is gonna be on Pelosi. The House is responsible for spending and the economy.
Article I Section 7 | Constitution Annotated | Congress ...
Clause 1. All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills. ArtI.S7.C1.1

You lose again.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So your saying you didn't read my post. Genius (D) at work again. I never mentioned the budget. The White House doesn't submit "the" budget, they submit a budget. Then the House originates a spending bill and the White House hopes that the House includes the items they wanted.
Budget of the U.S. Government | USAGov

What wrote about was the House is responsible for spending bills.

Article I Section 7 | Constitution Annotated | Congress ...
Clause 1. All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills. ArtI.S7.C1.1

You lose again.
Wow...you have reached a new level of stupid...

That is gonna be on Pelosi. The House is responsible for spending and the economy.

Now you say...

All bills for raising revenue...originate in the House.

Here is a clue...revenue is not spending. The budget sets the targets for spending....SPENDING....

Here I've been giving you way too much credit.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
yup. it's like a run away train at this point...
They never “don’t raise it”. They sometimes delay it. They sometimes chop it into smaller increments to be addressed again in a matter of weeks or months…but they NEVER hold fast to current budget. Frustrating stuff.

And anyone that thinks GOPers have the will to do anything other than delay (and take their usual media beatings) is nuts. They’ll cave. All of DC is a mess.

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I think it is incredible that you think raising the debt ceiling is a bad idea...

the problem is voting on spending increases and then voting against paying for them...because that is what they are doing.
Yes. And it’s bad. Very bad. The voting on INCREASED spending. The spending. The voting to increase debt ceilings carte blanche EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It’s all bad. All of it…not just the parts we can neatly attribute to the guys we don’t politically prefer.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Why wouldn't they raise the debt ceiling?
Because unlimited, endless, infinite increases year over year over year over year is irresponsible. These clowns are training up their spending muscles like Joe Weider working the deltoids.
Neverending expansion - and the budgetary enablement of such binging is nuts.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They never “don’t raise it”. They sometimes delay it. They sometimes chop it into smaller increments to be addressed again in a matter of weeks or months…but they NEVER hold fast to current budget. Frustrating stuff.

And anyone that thinks GOPers have the will to do anything other than delay (and take their usual media beatings) is nuts. They’ll cave. All of DC is a mess.
Neither has any will.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Neither has any will.
Correct. They spend. They up the credit limit to cover the spends. They spend again. They up the ceiling to cover the spends again. Over and over and over to a chorus of mewing morons who speak of the irresponsibility of default and abdicating financial leadership to China.

We will never have accountable pols nor decent leaders because that clearly is not what the people want. We will, however, most assuredly crash it all - which is what the deconstructionists want (culturally, economically, militarily, geopolitically - all of it). First the demo, then the rebuild to more egalitarian collectivist-marxist spec.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes. And it’s bad. Very bad. The voting on INCREASED spending. The spending. The voting to increase debt ceilings carte blanche EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It’s all bad. All of it…not just the parts we can neatly attribute to the guys we don’t politically prefer.
the spending was authorized and companies now expect to be paid for products and services already provided.

Because unlimited, endless, infinite increases year over year over year over year is irresponsible. These clowns are training up their spending muscles like Joe Weider working the deltoids.
Neverending expansion - and the budgetary enablement of such binging is nuts.
The debt ceiling is not the debt. I don't understand why you still don't understand that. We have been over this a gazillion times.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
the spending was authorized and companies now expect to be paid for products and services already provided.
Indeed. Just like every year ad nauseam. Mark your calendar - it will be just like this forever. Until more people get ticked off rather than mouthing platitudes about “default” and “China taking over leadership”. Pols got us right where they want us. The Republicans and Democrats are NOT stewards of our best interests.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The debt ceiling is not the debt. I don't understand why you still don't understand that. We have been over this a gazillion times.
Please DO NOT purport to school me on ANYTHING. Trust me - you aren’t even in the universe.
No one here thinks “the debt ceiling is the debt”. That’s just an internet troll inventing trash. I did, however, speak to the permanent expectation that we all accept permanent ongoing debt ceiling increases as justified by ongoing permanent SPENDING increases. I’m sick of it. Moreover, I’m sick of fellow citizens who enable and justify it with “Gee whiz, they already spent that money…”.

Don’t bother posting me with lazy posturing and idiotic dishonesty as you just tried above.