• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

hospital execs optimistic about ObamaCare

Caroljo

Senator
Funny how other sites are reporting it a little different......

In October 1, when Obamacare health exchanges opened, abc27 told the story of Terry Bigler. He's from Shippensburg and, like Baker's constituent, a small business owner who had a policy at $521 a month that was being canceled by his carrier for failing to meet Obamacare standards.
Bigler was told to expect a new policy cost of $1,200 a month, but he can't confirm that. He told us Monday that he's tried unsuccessfully nearly every day on the Obamacare website to get a quote, but can't get through.
http://www.abc27.com/story/23810504/obamacare-good-for-hospitals-exec-says

So....in my link, ONE executive made this statement....others didn't agree. So he's not speaking for ALL hospitals.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

In October 1, when Obamacare health exchanges opened, abc27 told the story of Terry Bigler. He's from Shippensburg and, like Baker's constituent, a small business owner who had a policy at $521 a month that was being canceled by his carrier for failing to meet Obamacare standards.
Bigler was told to expect a new policy cost of $1,200 a month, but he can't confirm that. He told us Monday that he's tried unsuccessfully nearly every day on the Obamacare website to get a quote, but can't get through.

So....in my link, ONE executive made this statement....others didn't agree. So he's not speaking for ALL hospitals.
why don't you try reading the article I linked before you reply with a 3 month old story that has nothing to do with the top post.

Caroljo

Senator
why don't you try reading the article I linked before you reply with a 3 month old story that has nothing to do with the top post.
I did read it.....sounds to me like the hospitals will be doing great! But what about the patients? How many will be turned away? It states hospitals stays will be shorter, so are the patients getting the care they need? Of course, the executives will be the ones to come out ahead in this.

fairsheet

Senator

For what it's worth, I'm not finding in your link, a hospital exec who disagrees with the top-post.

Caroljo

Senator
For what it's worth, I'm not finding in your link, a hospital exec who disagrees with the top-post.
I didn't say it was an exec who disagrees, I said "other sites" seem to disagree.

"Obamacare is in many cases hurting people" said Rep. Matt Baker (R-Bradford/Tioga).

Baker is the Chairman of the House Health Committee and he shared a constituent's recent email.

The small business owner had insurance at $400 a month. The carrier canceled the policy because it did not meet Obamacare minimum standards, but to replace it was gonna cost $1,200 a month. It tripled in price and Baker says it's happening to millions nationwide.

The exec's love this because it's more money in THEIR pockets.

fairsheet

Senator
I didn't say it was an exec who disagrees, I said "other sites" seem to disagree.

"Obamacare is in many cases hurting people" said Rep. Matt Baker (R-Bradford/Tioga).

Baker is the Chairman of the House Health Committee and he shared a constituent's recent email.

The small business owner had insurance at $400 a month. The carrier canceled the policy because it did not meet Obamacare minimum standards, but to replace it was gonna cost $1,200 a month. It tripled in price and Baker says it's happening to millions nationwide.

The exec's love this because it's more money in THEIR pockets.
Your drivel, not mine: """So....in my link, ONE executive made this statement....others didn't agree. So he's not speaking for ALL hospitals."""

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Your drivel, not mine: """So....in my link, ONE executive made this statement....others didn't agree. So he's not speaking for ALL hospitals."""
the hospitals surveyed seem to be on board to up their game in response to the ACA. Medicare started the ball rolling with the no-reimbursement for readmits for the same condition within a certain period of time. I understand that is having a big impact. the hospital execs, in this article, are talking about tightening up their protocols. there's no excuse for a patient picking up a bug like MRSA while in the hospital or being discharged with a poor or no tx plan for follow up care. so any improvements are all good.