• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

House passes bill to avert railroad strike

Bugsy McGurk

President

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
On to the Senate it goes.

Note that Marco Rubio and Josh Hawley say they will go to bat for the unions by holding up the bill. Did you know that they were so pro-union?

;-)

So...the House is going to overrule the will of the union membership and prevent them from striking?

Bugsy McGurk

President
So...the House is going to overrule the will of the union membership and prevent them from striking?
Four of the 12 unions. But one of the passed bills even gives those four holdout unions what they wanted. You would know all this if you read the article.

Number_58

Four of the 12 unions. But one of the passed bills even gives those four holdout unions what they wanted. You would know all this if you read the article.
The membership...especially the 4...don't get a say or another vote? What the House says goes? That's a threat to our democracy.

Guess I didn't know the Democrats were so anti-union.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The membership...especially the 4...don't get a say or another vote? What the House says goes? That's a threat to our democracy.

Guess I didn't know the Democrats were so anti-union.
Absurd, of course. Those four holdout unions would be pleased as punch if Congress gave them what they wanted.

And when a bill gets passed you wingers can stop pretending you’re pro-union.

On to the Senate it goes.

Note that Marco Rubio and Josh Hawley say they will go to bat for the unions by holding up the bill. Did you know that they were so pro-union?

;-)

Rubio and Hawley are doing the right thing.
If the rail workers are so important then they should get the PTO they want.
End of story.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
So when was flip-flopping Joe Biden right? 1992 when he voted against the government getting involved or today? This is a pure and simple situation of Biden taking 1800 degree polar opposite positions.

Number_58

Absurd, of course. Those four holdout unions would be pleased as punch if Congress gave them what they wanted.

And when a bill gets passed you wingers can stop pretending you’re pro-union.
Ah...but, I'm neither pro-union or anti-union...has zero effect on me or my job. Democrats in Congress have split the baby on this...made the railroad companies happy...union and their membership, not so much.

"Railroad unions on Tuesday decried Pres. Biden's call for Congress to intervene in their contract dispute, saying it undercuts their efforts to address workers' quality-of-life concerns."

Bugsy McGurk

President
So when was flip-flopping Joe Biden right? 1992 when he voted against the government getting involved or today? This is a pure and simple situation of Biden taking 1800 degree polar opposite positions.
Nah, that’s just the idiotic spin from the Biden haters/saboteurs.

No one can question Biden’s lifetime record of supporting the unions, while the carpers did everything they could to destroy the unions. That does not mean that Biden and responsible members of Congress should allow the destruction of the economy through a rail strike. Shucks, the bill gives the unions exactly what they wanted.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Ah...but, I'm neither pro-union or anti-union...has zero effect on me or my job. Democrats in Congress have split the baby on this...made the railroad companies happy...union and their membership, not so much.

"Railroad unions on Tuesday decried Pres. Biden's call for Congress to intervene in their contract dispute, saying it undercuts their efforts to address workers' quality-of-life concerns."

One of the bills gives the four holdout unions exactly what they want. The GOP opposes that bill.

People like you don’t want the bills passed because you want to see economic devastation you can blame on Biden. And that’s insane.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
One of the bills gives the four holdout unions exactly what they want. The GOP opposes that bill.

People like you don’t want the bills passed because you want to see economic devastation you can blame on Biden. And that’s insane.

Actually the opposite is true. I want to see it passed to avoid the economic devastation. I'm just pointing out that Biden USED to be opposed to things like this. He was against it before he was in favor of it I guess. You really don't see the flip-flopping here? Are you that much of a Biden apologist?

Number_58

So, "piss on the membership and their right to vote on the contract" when they have already expressed they don't want Congressional interference in their negotiations? Is that what you're saying?

EatTheRich

President

No one can question Biden’s lifetime record of supporting the unions, while the carpers did everything they could to destroy the unions. That does not mean that Biden and responsible members of Congress should allow the destruction of the economy through a rail strike. Shucks, the bill gives the unions exactly what they wanted.
If it gave the unions exactly what they wanted there would be no problem with putting the terms to a membership vote. Biden has long anti-union credentials going back to his police-bootlicking record.

You can’t possibly believe that Rubio and Hawley are being genuine. They’re just engaging in their usual sabotage.

I think we should avoid economic catastrophe, but that’s just me.
Whether their position is genuine is irrelevant. They came to the right conclusion.

We should avoid economic catastrophe by giving the railworkers the PTO they want.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Actually the opposite is true. I want to see it passed to avoid the economic devastation. I'm just pointing out that Biden USED to be opposed to things like this. He was against it before he was in favor of it I guess. You really don't see the flip-flopping here? Are you that much of a Biden apologist?
Bingo.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Union wanted 56 sick days
Congress just gave them 7
Dem Congress are hypocrites

Hypocrisy alert: Democrats just chose an election denier as Pelosi’s successor (msn.com)

Bugsy McGurk

President
First, I didn’t say you want to see the bill fail so economic devastation occurs. That is the goal of some GOP saboteurs.

As to Biden’s alleged “flip flop” I think that’s a goofy charge for the reasons I laid out above, which you ignored. Let me know if you can address what I said.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Whether their position is genuine is irrelevant. They came to the right conclusion.

We should avoid economic catastrophe by giving the railworkers the PTO they want.
A. The bill does that.

B. I don’t know which ones you’re referring to, but whether their positions are genuine is always relevant. It allows you to know what they will do if the bill is amended again. Their votes follow their true agenda.