• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How are the new rules the PJ users created and agreed to?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
How are the new rules the PJ users created and agreed to in the group chat a number of weeks back?

Do you see the rules working and making the board better or not? Why or why not?

Remember with over 700 posts a day the rules can't be enforced on every post. Its more like the police and speeding. A lot of people speed every day but only a few get caught and pay the price. Do the crime and you may do the time. Many here seem to forget we don't have time to police every post and police see violations differently and moderate differently.

But it seems except for a few users that most are following the rules.

Give me some feedback.

Bear Claw

President
How are the new rules the PJ users created and agreed to in the group chat a number of weeks back?

Do you see the rules working and making the board better or not? Why or why not?

Remember with over 700 posts a day the rules can't be enforced on every post. Its more like the police and speeding. A lot of people speed every day but only a few get caught and pay the price. Do the crime and you may do the time. Many here seem to forget we don't have time to police every post and police see violations differently and moderate differently.

Give me some feedback.
I see no change in the forum sorry to say.

So do the rating abusers lose the rating feature now?

Nothing has really changed here. IMHO

Caroljo

Senator
I see some change. In fact, I see more Cons being banned and very few leftists. Does that give you the idea that maybe the lefty's are the ones doing most of the reporting? I have to laugh because the person that first answers you is the biggest crier about ratings. I've never cared, why do they? Does it hurt them somehow?

I do have a question though....is it right for someone to refer to one group of people here as the 'Bully Squad'? We were told we couldn't call them 'snowflakes' anymore. What's the difference?

FakeName

Governor

Give me some feedback.
Seems the following is not being enforced.

"

Any report that is a clear violation is 5 day suspension.

Perma-bans will apply at the discretion of the admin, as deemed appropriate for recidivist posters."
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/disruptive-posting-personal-attacks-and-insults.124564/

Day in and day out the same posters commit clear violations. I know this because you delete the posts that violated the rules. yet twenty minutes later, or the next day, those same posters are on here violating your rules. Over and over again. day in and day out.

Not my place to tell you your business, but it seems to me if you actually gave Dawg and the others a five day consequence every time maybe they would learn to respect your rules.

just my two cents though.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I see some change. In fact, I see more Cons being banned and very few leftists. Does that give you the idea that maybe the lefty's are the ones doing most of the reporting? I have to laugh because the person that first answers you is the biggest crier about ratings. I've never cared, why do they? Does it hurt them somehow?

I do have a question though....is it right for someone to refer to one group of people here as the 'Bully Squad'? We were told we couldn't call them 'snowflakes' anymore. What's the difference?
I didn't know groups were calling other groups names. How was I supposed to know this?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Seems the following is not being enforced.

"

Any report that is a clear violation is 5 day suspension.

Perma-bans will apply at the discretion of the admin, as deemed appropriate for recidivist posters."
https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/disruptive-posting-personal-attacks-and-insults.124564/

Day in and day out the same posters commit clear violations. I know this because you delete the posts that violated the rules. yet twenty minutes later, or the next day, those same posters are on here violating your rules. Over and over again. day in and day out.

Not my place to tell you your business, but it seems to me if you actually gave Dawg and the others a five day consequence every time maybe they would learn to respect your rules.

just my two cents though.
Here is a link to those who have been temp banned since the new rules:

https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/the-penalty-box-users-who-have-been-temp-banned-for-repeated-violations.126439/

Dawg was one of them. I haven't moderated any other posts that Dawg has been reported on that has violated the rules for a temp ban. But maybe other mods were and didn't temp ban him, I don't know.

Caroljo

Senator
I didn't know groups were calling other groups names. How was I supposed to know this?
I didn't mean you SHOULD know. But I am bringing it to your attention. See the thread posted by Dolly "What happened?" It's in others too, but this is the most recent.

Bear Claw

President

Give me some feedback.

Notes to consider.

It is impossible to copy a screen print to a PM here to show rating abuse.
Make it easier.

We have a member here who uses the word "BOY" in reference to posters he replies to.
The Boy remark is the big "R" slur but allowed here it seems! WHY???

We have a poster that has been here about 27 months, has posted 144 posts but rated dislikes and disagrees in the total of 4,781 but seem to be allowed to continue. WHY?

Last I saw today is that there are only 8 members online. It would be nice to see a change upward if possible.

We don't report because it puts a burden on the admin so we stop and then the stalkers abuse here.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

I understand that mods do not get paid for what they do but!!

FakeName

Governor
Here is a link to those who have been temp banned since the new rules:

https://www.politicaljack.com/threads/the-penalty-box-users-who-have-been-temp-banned-for-repeated-violations.126439/

Dawg was one of them. I haven't moderated any other posts that Dawg has been reported on that has violated the rules for a temp ban. But maybe other mods were and didn't temp ban him, I don't know.
I report posts when the violation is clear. I know mods agree because they delete the post. Rarely is the person suspended. I know because I report offending poster again, twenty minutes later or the next day, for violating the rules again. And the violating posts are again deleted. day in and day out.

Seems like if the rule I quoted were actually enforced people might respect the rules and the moderators a bit more.

On the bright side this is, in my opinion, moderated better than most. I just make my comment in the category of "room for improvement".

So good job.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I report posts when the violation is clear. I know mods agree because they delete the post. Rarely is the person suspended. I know because I report offending poster again, twenty minutes later or the next day, for violating the rules again. And the violating posts are again deleted. day in and day out.

Seems like if the rule I quoted were actually enforced people might respect the rules and the moderators a bit more.

On the bright side this is, in my opinion, moderated better than most. I just make my comment in the category of "room for improvement".

So good job.

sometimes it's not so straightforward. There's a lot of subjectivity applied at times, each person's is different in the way they moderate. Oftentimes there's a lot of discussion behind the scenes decide what to do. A lot of effort to maintain.

sometimes it's cut and dried, and they're addressed immediately. Other times not so much, and you see what you see as a result

Bear Claw

President

Never referred to a single poster as a member of the Bully Squad.

The term refers to posters here who gang up as a group and under rate a poster

Caroljo

Senator
Never referred to a single poster as a member of the Bully Squad.

The term refers to posters here who gang up as a group and under rate a poster
Lol....you don't have to. I can't even count how many times the cons here have been called bullies (and ignoring the bullying they themselves do). We know, don't pretend you don't.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Notes to consider.

It is impossible to copy a screen print to a PM here to show rating abuse.
Make it easier.

We have a member here who uses the word "BOY" in reference to posters he replies to.
The Boy remark is the big "R" slur but allowed here it seems! WHY???

We have a poster that has been here about 27 months, has posted 144 posts but rated dislikes and disagrees in the total of 4,781 but seem to be allowed to continue. WHY?

Last I saw today is that there are only 8 members online. It would be nice to see a change upward if possible.

We don't report because it puts a burden on the admin so we stop and then the stalkers abuse here.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

I understand that mods do not get paid for what they do but!!

i was not aware boy is a racial slur

i am not aware of a user that hardly posts but abuses the ratings

there is only 8 users because apparently one “side” has quit posting. seems like collusion. :)

simply take a screen shot of the ratings abuses, save it to your computer, and upload it to a pm

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

Give me some feedback.
I never agreed to the news rules
It's bull shit when you have a racist comment and you can't call the offender what they are A RACIST.

Caroljo

Senator
i was not aware boy is a racial slur

i am not aware of a user that hardly posts but abuses the ratings

there is only 8 users because apparently one “side” has quit posting. seems like collusion. :)

simply take a screen shot of the ratings abuses, save it to your computer, and upload it to a pm
It's not. Well, hard telling now. It seems the left are always changing words to mean some kind of racism.

I never heard of any group either that decided to quit posting???? But them, I'm not here 24 hrs a day like some are.