• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How do we address the migrant crisis?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
we've already tried sending illegal immigrants to blue cities. they don't want them, and it just makes the crime rate go up.

why not enforce the immigration laws as written, until and unless congress passes new legislation? why should this stuff be a function of executive orders and presidential whims to suit his political chances in an upcoming election?
i agree with enforcing our laws as written.

it is unfortunate that crime goes up...but i think all states should aid in housing

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a nearby military base. Fort Ord comes to mind. It hasn't been used as a base for years. I think it still has barracks and housing standing. There may be a number of military bases closer that are not used to capacity.
i googled quickly...Ord is some 2500 houses... probably not enough...

Bugsy McGurk

President
we've already tried sending illegal immigrants to blue cities. they don't want them, and it just makes the crime rate go up.

why not enforce the immigration laws as written, until and unless congress passes new legislation? why should this stuff be a function of executive orders and presidential whims to suit his political chances in an upcoming election?
Good idea. Biden agrees. And the courts have spoken. So the asylum laws are being enforced.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
i googled quickly...Ord is some 2500 houses... probably not enough...
And barracks for many thousands. A mess hall that fed 10's of thousands at the peak.

I'm not sure how much of the infrastructure has been torn down....but that is not the only abandoned or minimally used military base in the Southwest. Better that than constructing entirely new facilities. Again....I believe the goal should be a hearing within days. I think the certainty of being deported if not eligible for asylum would discourage many potential immigrants....if they realize that the arduous journey may be in vain.

TBLee

Governor

it is unfortunate that crime goes up...but i think all states should aid in housing
I believe the sanctuary cities should be the first place they should be sent. After all they agreed to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation or prosecution despite federal immigration laws.

TBLee

Governor

The Biden administration does not to want to enforce the immigration laws, thus adding to the problems.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And barracks for many thousands. A mess hall that fed 10's of thousands at the peak.

I'm not sure how much of the infrastructure has been torn down....but that is not the only abandoned or minimally used military base in the Southwest. Better that than constructing entirely new facilities. Again....I believe the goal should be a hearing within days. I think the certainty of being deported if not eligible for asylum would discourage many potential immigrants....if they realize that the arduous journey may be in vain.
a significant undertaking. with the daily average number of border crossings nearing 9000/day such a base would soon be overrun and unable to take on additional...probably would need to move a volume to adjacent states or further...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the sanctuary cities should be the first place they should be sent. After all they agreed to protect undocumented immigrants from deportation or prosecution despite federal immigration laws.
not a bad start

Colorforms

Senator

I disagree with that one. States should not be put on the hook for the federal government's incompetence in dealing with the border. It's not the fault of the states that the federal government isn't doing its job.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree with that one. States should not be put on the hook for the federal government's incompetence in dealing with the border. It's not the fault of the states that the federal government isn't doing its job.
Why not? They all offer an opinion. Let them offer a bed and food and shelter

Colorforms

Senator
Why not? They all offer an opinion. Let them offer a bed and food and shelter
The states shouldn't be put upon for the federal government's inability to follow it's own laws. If you want to put this on sanctuary cities, I am open to that. They encourage this kind of mass migration. But border states are the ones who have to deal with this mess. Texas never asked for it and should have a say in whether they want to fund the resources to deal with it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The states shouldn't be put upon for the federal government's inability to follow it's own laws. If you want to put this on sanctuary cities, I am open to that. They encourage this kind of mass migration. But border states are the ones who have to deal with this mess. Texas never asked for it and should have a say in whether they want to fund the resources to deal with it.
Texas should have a say. The problem is if Texas decides they don't want the fund it any longer there's still the matter of 9000 people a day on average coming through the border.

Colorforms

Senator
Texas should have a say. The problem is if Texas decides they don't want the fund it any longer there's still the matter of 9000 people a day on average coming through the border.
And that is for the federal government to deal with. Like I said, if they want to dispurse them to sanctuary cities, fine. If they want to build a military facility and hold them there until they get their asylum hearings, fine. If they want to turn them away unless they apply through a port of entry, and then take them to a military facility, fine. But this is for the feds to deal with, not the states.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And that is for the federal government to deal with. Like I said, if they want to dispurse them to sanctuary cities, fine. If they want to build a military facility and hold them there until they get their asylum hearings, fine. If they want to turn them away unless they apply through a port of entry, and then take them to a military facility, fine. But this is for the feds to deal with, not the states.
It does not appear that the government is dealing with it adequately.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
On that we whole heartedly agree. And this is despite complaints from even the democrats. It's really not that hard to fix.
In the meantime I don't be grudge them shipping arrivals off to sanctuary cities, or anywhere for that matter.

That part is easy, but will require a legally elected president and a non Communist Congress.

1. Those animals have to be DEPORTED. Period! Send them to Mexico and let Mexico deal with them.

2. The WALL has to be built, to send a message to the drug traffickers and child prostitution traffickers, since that's pretty much what is getting across here. Once there is a wall, the animals stop coming. They either stay in Mexico and deal with Mexico's immigration laws, or they get off their fat asses and do today what the American colonists did in 1776.

3. Those animals who arrive in border cities should IMMEDIATELY be sent to sanctuary states like New York, Illinois, California, etc. Let THEIR taxpayers deal with Biden's bullschittt.
Well the racists have weighed in....See Above /\