• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How do we address the migrant crisis?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Sorry, did I not mention port of entry?

Again, there is nothing in the law that says we have to have them within our border. Let them apply and wait for their hearings outside, or in a sanctuary state. If they leave the sanctuary state, then they should be arrested and removed.
That’s an approach worth considering if one doesn’t mind violating the asylum laws. You clearly favor lawlessness. But you might consider instead advocating for changes in laws you don’t like.

Just a thought.

Colorforms

Senator
That’s an approach worth considering if one doesn’t mind violating the asylum laws. You clearly favor lawlessness. But you might consider instead advocating for changes in laws you don’t like.

Just a thought.
If you're going to keep lying about the asylum laws then your opinion isn't worth crap.

Bugsy McGurk

President
They're not "refugees" until their case for asylum has been accepted. Otherwise, they're just illegals invading a foreign country.
Here’s a link setting you straight, again, which I’m sure you’ll ignore, again…

Colorforms

Senator

"Asylum seekers who arrive at a U.S. port of entry or enter the United States without inspection generally must apply through the defensive or expedited asylum processes. All three application processes require the asylum seeker to be physically present in the United States or at a port of entry.

With or without counsel, an asylum seeker has the burden of proving that he or she meets the definition of a refugee. In order to be granted asylum, an individual is required to provide evidence demonstrating either that they have suffered persecution on account of a protected ground in the past, and/or that they have a “well-founded fear” of future persecution in their home country. An individual’s own testimony is usually critical to his or her asylum determination.

Certain factors bar individuals from asylum. For example, with limited exceptions, individuals who fail to apply for asylum within one year of entering the United States will be barred from receiving asylum. Similarly, applicants who are found to pose a danger to the United States, who have committed a “particularly serious crime,” or who persecuted others themselves, are barred from asylum."

Where in there does it state that the asylum seeker must stay in the US once they apply for asylum? Do you want a hint, or do you think you can figure it out on your own?

Bugsy McGurk

President
"Asylum seekers who arrive at a U.S. port of entry or enter the United States without inspection generally must apply through the defensive or expedited asylum processes. All three application processes require the asylum seeker to be physically present in the United States or at a port of entry.

With or without counsel, an asylum seeker has the burden of proving that he or she meets the definition of a refugee. In order to be granted asylum, an individual is required to provide evidence demonstrating either that they have suffered persecution on account of a protected ground in the past, and/or that they have a “well-founded fear” of future persecution in their home country. An individual’s own testimony is usually critical to his or her asylum determination.

Certain factors bar individuals from asylum. For example, with limited exceptions, individuals who fail to apply for asylum within one year of entering the United States will be barred from receiving asylum. Similarly, applicants who are found to pose a danger to the United States, who have committed a “particularly serious crime,” or who persecuted others themselves, are barred from asylum."

Where in there does it state that the asylum seeker must stay in the US once they apply for asylum? Do you want a hint, or do you think you can figure it out on your own?
You’re on to a different lie now. One of your lies at a time. Your previous lie was that the law doesn’t allow those on US soil to make an asylum claim. You now admit you lied there, right?

Colorforms

Senator
Back to the question posed before your dissembling jag…

Since you now admit that migrants on US soil have a statutory right to seek asylum, do you want to see that law changed?
As I have said, there is no need to change it. Your question is a red herring. You claim the law has to be changed in order to apply remain in Mexico. It doesn't. Your other lies notwithstanding, there is no law that negates the ability to have "asylum seekers" wait outside of our borders for their asylum hearings.

Bugsy McGurk

President
As I have said, there is no need to change it. Your question is a red herring. You claim the law has to be changed in order to apply remain in Mexico. It doesn't. Your other lies notwithstanding, there is no law that negates the ability to have "asylum seekers" wait outside of our borders for their asylum hearings.
You seem too dense to follow along, but the law now provides that migrants on US soil can apply for asylum, and you don’t like what the law allows, but you say you don’t want to change that law.

You just screech “Liar!” instead.

Your mind is a hopeless mess.

Colorforms

Senator
You seem too dense to follow along, but the law now provides that migrants on US soil can apply for asylum, and you don’t like what the law allows, but you say you don’t want to change that law.

You just screech “Liar!” instead.

Your mind is a hopeless mess.
This is infantile.

My point has been made and you have been proven a liar several times over. I'm done. This kind of dishonesty is not worth anyone's time.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

So can we agree that the following is a factual representation of the laws governing "asylum?"

Unlike with refugees, there is no numerical limit on the number of asylum requests that the government can grant each year. Additionally, officials can reject asylum applicants even if they qualify for refugee status under international law. Over the past few decades, the number of asylum grants has fluctuated significantly [PDF], from a little over one thousand in FY1980 to record levels of more than forty-six thousand in 2019.