• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How do you explain Newt's performance in last night's debate?

How do you explain Newt's performance in last night's debate?

• He was employing the old Muhammad Ali Rope-A-Dope strategy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merely a "senior moment" symptomatic of early onset geriatric dementia.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • He was standing down as ordered by the RNC.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

NightSwimmer

Senator
Pundits seem bumfuzzled over the performance turned in by Gingrich in the most recent GOP candidates' debate. Has he lost his touch?

GordonGecko

President
Desperate need for a nap???....

and some new material. His "attack the Liberal Media host" schtick is getting pretty stale.

fairsheet

Senator
I thought Chris Hayes on MSNBC had a pretty good take. He suggested that Newt's like the athlete who has lots of natural talent, so he doesn't make any effort to practice or prepare. When things are going his way - the questions, the audience, and the other debater's - as in South Carolina, he gets on a little Newt momentum roll. But, if things aren't going his way, he's got nothing to fall back on. He essentially spent all last night patiently waiting for the right opening or "hook", but when none presented itself, he had nothing prepared and "in the can".

Bo-4

Senator
Dude, i'm torn between the "senior moment" and "stand down".

Whatever it was, he's a tombstone in FL.. but watch him rise in the south on Super Tuesday!! :D

Read somewhere (Salon, I think) that Newt did so horrible because he tried to force one of those debate "moments" that fueled his surge in South Carolina. Since this was the last debate before the vote in Florida, I think he got desperate and tried to make something happen and he flopped - horribly.

Stick a fork in the Newt - he's done.

fairsheet

Senator
Read somewhere (Salon, I think) that Newt did so horrible because he tried to force one of those debate "moments" that fueled his surge in South Carolina. Since this was the last debate before the vote in Florida, I think he got desperate and tried to make something happen and he flopped - horribly.

Stick a fork in the Newt - he's done.
I'm hoping they're wrong, Cerulean. Newt's way more fun than Mitt. Keep hope alive, though. Given the rather profound and historic "nothingness" of all that is Mitt, and the fact that Newt can win a whole godamned primary on nothing but news that he asked his wife if he could screw around on her, who KNOWS what Newt-tomorrow might bring?

Council Member
It does seem that republicans want someone they can feel sorry for. Every time Newt is attacked for something he has done, it seems that out of no where people start sticking up for poor newt. Maybe you are right, he needs another person to come out of the closet. Maybe he can hire a gay guy to say he had an affair between his first two wifes. That one gay congressman, who got run out of office might do it, no he is Mitts man I think.
Well maybe someone can say something nasty about him that could pop his numbers.

P

PACE

No applause, no moments of grandiose theater, Newt was "starved" of his element; discord.

No discord, no Newt.

It's that simple

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

Could it be? wait, I am checking this, could it be, that the American voter is starting to give this process the august and proper respect it deserves, regardless of the candidate, and rejecting the geeks standing outside the circus tent, shoving skewere thru their forearms and biting the heads off of live chickens?

Dare I say it? that the public is taking the "process" seriously for a change?

Regards
Pace

NightSwimmer

Senator
No applause, no moments of grandiose theater, Newt was "starved" of his element; discord.

No discord, no Newt.

It's that simple

Regards
Pace
I agree, and while our politics might have become somewhat more "boring" under our current administration, I had my fill of living in "interesting times" during the eight years of the previous regime.