• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How does a virus enter the body?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
How does a virus enter the human body?

Microorganisms capable of causing disease—or pathogens—usually enter our bodies through the eyes, mouth, nose, or urogenital openings, or through wounds or bites that breach the skin barrier. ... Diseases transmitted this way include cold sores (herpes simplex virus type 1) and sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS.

In between hand washings when out and about, don't touch your face.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Good info... I have heard some of the experts comment -- it seems children are appearing to be more resistant to this virus.
It irritates me to no end when someone near me coughs or sneezes without covering their mouth.
I have forgotten how far their droplets can carry into the atmosphere...
Wiping down the shopping cart handles with sanitizers is a must these days... I do/did this even before the virus pandemic.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Good info... I have heard some of the experts comment -- it seems children are appearing to be more resistant to this virus.
It irritates me to no end when someone near me coughs or sneezes without covering their mouth.
I have forgotten how far their droplets can carry into the atmosphere...
Wiping down the shopping cart handles with sanitizers is a must these days... I do/did this even before the virus pandemic.
Thank you for this advice, Addy. I've never wiped the handles on shopping carts. I'm going to start now.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Thank you for this advice, Addy. I've never wiped the handles on shopping carts. I'm going to start now.
N/P and you're welcome.... they are now officially calling the virus a pandemic. Taking all the recommended precautions and those we can think of, maybe will lessen our chances of contracting it.
Stay safe... :)

EatTheRich

President
Coronavirus can last for days on metal surfaces. May be a good idea to use gloves to touch door handles, etc., also to wipe those surfaces with bleach at your own house or place of employment.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Coronavirus can last for days on metal surfaces. May be a good idea to use gloves to touch door handles, etc., also to wipe those surfaces with bleach at your own house or place of employment.
Using paper towels/kleenex to open/close public restroom doors handles -- then toss it, is something I have done for a long time.
Can you imagine how many germs are on elevator buttons. So many ways to avoid touching those... use a pen or a pencil instead, etc.

Days

Commentator
A virus is not a micro organism. Bacteria is, but a virus is not. More misinformation from the misinformation queen.