• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How likely is it for Santorum or Gingrich or Paul to become the GOP Nominee?

How likely is it that Santorum or Gingrich or Paul will be the GOP Nominee?

• Very Possible

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Possible

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Unlikely

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Very Unlikely

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GordonGecko

President
I say Very Improbable....Romney is not going to just give up. If he has to throw $50-75 Million in negative ads at Santorum to win it...he'll do it, even if it means going into Tampa as one of the least liked nominees(by his OWN Party) a Party has picked in decades.

fairsheet

Senator
I'm not sure that Santorum/Newt/Paul's chances have increased all that much of late. But, Mitt's have definitely DEcreased. The possibility of a "none of the above" coming out of the RNC's conclave, is growing.

On that note, I just heard that Jeb Bush has just had his name officially changed to, Jeb Jesusreaganlincoln.

Zam-Zam

Senator
In would say unlikely, although if Santorum pulls off an upset in Michigan I'd have to say he has a shot. Right now those opposed to Romney are having there votes divided among Santorum and Gingrich. If Gingrich were to lose more support, it would likely flow to Santorum and we could have a horse race.Neither Paul nor Gingrich has a legitimate shot at this point, IMHO.

Bo-4

Senator
My money is on Little Ricky at this point GG. The RNC powers are laying off and have finally acknowledged that America hates Mittens.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
It all depends on the ire of the TP.

If they get REAL upset that Romney isn't who they want....they CAN set Santorum in the chair.

It'd lead to an Obama victory, but well...I can see the TP's point.

GordonGecko

President
In would say unlikely, although if Santorum pulls off an upset in Michigan I'd have to say he has a shot. Right now those opposed to Romney are having there votes divided among Santorum and Gingrich. If Gingrich were to lose more support, it would likely flow to Santorum and we could have a horse race.Neither Paul nor Gingrich has a legitimate shot at this point, IMHO.
Gingrich fading fast. Down to only a 9 point lead in......Georgia!!!! Places like Ohio could easily go Santorum and even Oklahoma. Throw in Texas and that's the ballgame for Newt and the Girl From Mars.

GordonGecko

President
It all depends on the ire of the TP.

If they get REAL upset that Romney isn't who they want....they CAN set Santorum in the chair.

It'd lead to an Obama victory, but well...I can see the TP's point.

Why should TP not like Mitt, CB....after all, he's "severely" conservative. :)

Jen

Senator
There is dissatisfaction with Romney. Many Republicans see Romney as Obama Lite. So if a lot of Republican voters are Tea Party voters or are just not wanting a repeat of Obama, then Newt or Santorum could get the nomination.

And the thing about the GOP contenders is that Romney has the look and Presidential bearing; Newt has the ideas and has them precisely written and planned; Santorum walks the walk of conservatism and family values. No candidate has it all.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Gingrich fading fast. Down to only a 9 point lead in......Georgia!!!! Places like Ohio could easily go Santorum and even Oklahoma. Throw in Texas and that's the ballgame for Newt and the Girl From Mars.
As long as he continues to stay in the race, he'll take some support away from Santorum (albeit, in ever-decreasing numbers). Ironically Gingrich's candidacy benefits Romney.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Phil will call it. Santorum will be the last man standing of the three you reference....

lilly

Council Member
If you add the two 'possible' together and the two 'unlikly' it is very close at this moment 51 - 47

Figjam

Mayor
...god only knows...

...it doesn't matter to me know, there are no viable republican candidates left for me to consider...

degsme

Council Member
Newt can't get on enough ballots. And Santorum just isn't likeable... he's the hall monitor kid

Romeny is the BB Star that gets help to keep his grades up but his scores are mediocer. girls and jocks like him but noone else

Gingrich is the wiseass kid who does great on tests but is constantly sending team members off in tears and half the time the dog at his homework

Santorum is the little hall monitor that wants to be like Romney but cant so he settles orconstantly getting Gingrih in trouble...