• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How long will it be before right wingers somehow try to blame infection rate \ deaths in states run by Republicans on Democrats ?

Colorforms

Senator
Well we will see if those warning were a hoax and an overreaching in the coming weeks.

That was the time to prepare.

Not now, when it is going to start raging through the country.
Considering NY is the epicenter of all of this, and completely closing down the economy doesn't seem to be effective in stemming it, do you still think that these coward governors are doing the right thing in destroying their respective economies over this, or do you view it as an over reaction?

Spamature

President
Considering NY is the epicenter of all of this, and completely closing down the economy doesn't seem to be effective in stemming it, do you still think that these coward governors are doing the right thing in destroying their respective economies over this, or do you view it as an over reaction?
I think those cowards who clung to Trump's fantasy instead of following the advice of medical experts will have that cowardice come back to haunt them.

Colorforms

Senator
I think those cowards who clung to Trump's fantasy instead of following the advice of medical experts will have that cowardice come back to haunt them.
Instead of? Cuomo is following the medical experts supposed advice. How is that working out for him? NY is the epicenter of this thing. Most states are doing far better. :)

Dino

Russian Asset
You know, a former member of that virus response team said back in January.

In the beginning it will look like we overreacted
In the end we will realize we didn't do nearly enough

Every city relies on those sources of income in one way or another.
Every economy will starve regardless of whether they do it voluntarily or the virus forces them to.
Trump was well aware of that and some even did accuse him of over-reacting at the start. The point was that many leaders wished to exercise caution but were trying not to strangle their local economies. It made sense at the time.

Spamature

President
Trump was well aware of that and some even did accuse him of over-reacting at the start. The point was that many leaders wished to exercise caution but were trying not to strangle their local economies. It made sense at the time.
Apparently he is going to let the virus do the strangling for him, because he wasted valuable time we can not get back.

Dino

Russian Asset
Apparently he is going to let the virus do the strangling for him, because he wasted valuable time we can not get back.
I'd say a 10-12 day period where the public was not seeing much action still does not translate into inaction, as much was happening by calls and behind closed doors. Your presumptions are simplistic and incorrect.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I give it ten days max before they try to rewrite their ever changing version of history.
I can’t speak for other conservatives/ “right wingers”, but I have no interest in politicizing/weaponizing worldwide pandemics.

That’s a very poor thing to do. Normal, well-adjusted people should not engage in such.

EatTheRich

President
That’s not what happened here. Just look at the dates. Trump is surely not responsible for state’s blasé attitudes after Feb 1. He declared a national health emergency and our nations first quarantine in 50 years. That was January 31.
Link to a national wide quarantine on January 31. I think I would have remembered that, guessing it’s just more of your gaslighting. Anyway, declaring a public health emergency shows you are on top of things now? Trump was still saying the situation was “very much under control” as of Feb. 23.

EatTheRich

President
They're supposed to be about what the president wants to call the briefing for. He still has the right to free speech. You don't give that up as president.
Yes, he can politicize public health meetings if he wants to. The question is whether his doing so is harmful to the public health.

Spamature

President
I'd say a 10-12 day period where the public was not seeing much action still does not translate into inaction, as much was happening by calls and behind closed doors. Your presumptions are simplistic and incorrect.
Trump was warned by the intelligence agencies about this back in Jan. It was not until this Friday that he even admitted this was going to hit the nation hard.

Also what has he done ?

Yes he restricted travel from China. But beyond that he hasn't even asked on state to shelter in place. Which is the main thing he should have been doing.

If this were nuclear fallout and he never told people to stay inside maybe you would see what I mean. Because essentially it is the same. The nation has been poisoned and he made no real effort to warn the people until months later.

And he remained silent because he wanted to keep the appearance that everything was okay.

You could pretty much call that evil.

Dino

Russian Asset
Link to a national wide quarantine on January 31. I think I would have remembered that, guessing it’s just more of your gaslighting. Anyway, declaring a public health emergency shows you are on top of things now? Trump was still saying the situation was “very much under control” as of Feb. 23.

WASHINGTON – The Donald Trump administration declared the coronavirus outbreak to be a public health emergency in the United States on Friday, setting quarantines of Americans who have recently been to certain parts of China.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said it was the first quarantine order issued by the federal government in over 50 years. Marty Cetron, director of CDC’s Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, said the last time a quarantine was used was in the 1960s for smallpox.

"The risk of infection for Americans remains low," said Alex Azar, secretary of Health and Human Services and chairman of the coronavirus task force set up by Trump. "We are working to keep the risk low."

Azar described the new entry rules and quarantines as "prudent, targeted, and temporary." He said the United States is working to complement efforts by China and the World Health Organization to contain the deadly virus in China. Quarantines are imposed on people who may be exposed to an illness but are not yet sick, Cetron said.

EatTheRich

President
Instead of? Cuomo is following the medical experts supposed advice. How is that working out for him? NY is the epicenter of this thing. Most states are doing far better. :)
Imagine where New York would be if he had NOT followed their advice. Soon you won’t have to because you will SEE it in Alabama, Texas, etc.

Dino

Russian Asset
Trump was warned by the intelligence agencies about this back in Jan. It was not until this Friday that he even admitted this was going to hit the nation hard.

Also what has he done ?

Yes he restricted travel from China. But beyond that he hasn't even asked on state to shelter in place. Which is the main thing he should have been doing.

If this were nuclear fallout and he never told people to stay inside maybe you would see what I mean. Because essentially it is the same. The nation has been poisoned and he made no real effort to warn the people until months later.

And he remained silent because he wanted to keep the appearance that everything was okay.

You could pretty much call that evil.
It's "evil" to misstate the entire approach the federal government used.
Yet you persist.

EatTheRich

President
They sold their stocks, didn’t they? Is that what you mean by taking action? Cause they sure didn’t do a damn thing to make tests, masks, or ventilators available or to discourage large public gatherings.

Spamature

President
De Blasio and Cuomo are "GOP'ers now"? Interesting. When your leaders fail you just accuse them of not being real Democrats. LOL.
That is NY. I am talking about CA. The leaders in this state acted early and they came down hard on non essential places that stayed open. In LA they shut off the water and power to businesses that did not comply and threatened the owners with arrest.

1586119874354.png

Remember CA saw it first cases back in Feb.

Colorforms

Senator
Yes, he can politicize public health meetings if he wants to. The question is whether his doing so is harmful to the public health.
LOL calling a partisan based impeachment a partisan based impeachment is harmful to public health? I suppose only if you're a democrat. :)

EatTheRich

President

WASHINGTON – The Donald Trump administration declared the coronavirus outbreak to be a public health emergency in the United States on Friday, setting quarantines of Americans who have recently been to certain parts of China.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said it was the first quarantine order issued by the federal government in over 50 years. Marty Cetron, director of CDC’s Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, said the last time a quarantine was used was in the 1960s for smallpox.

"The risk of infection for Americans remains low," said Alex Azar, secretary of Health and Human Services and chairman of the coronavirus task force set up by Trump. "We are working to keep the risk low."

Azar described the new entry rules and quarantines as "prudent, targeted, and temporary." He said the United States is working to complement efforts by China and the World Health Organization to contain the deadly virus in China. Quarantines are imposed on people who may be exposed to an illness but are not yet sick, Cetron said.
So they didn’t quarantine people with Ebola exposure? Oh, wait, they did.