• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How Low Can He Go?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I read it.
What distinguishes the young blacks and Hispanics from the 41% of Republicans who refuse to get vaxed?
I Believe access issues, fear of taking off work, financial ramifications and so on...

Clearly you didn't read it, but in summation the point of the article is that there are a number of factors influencing who is and who is not vaccinated. Whereas your cult points only to one factor among many. do have a good day

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting article for anyone who bothers to take the time. I found this passage illuminating:

But partisanship isn’t the only thing that has shaped Americans’ vaccination status. Unvaccinated Americans tend to be younger, less well-educated and poorer; they are also more likely to be a person of color. The situation we’re in is not just because of politics but also because of access to the vaccine and broader skepticism of the health care system.

Age is an even more significant dividing line for vaccinations than politics is. Older Americans are far more likely to be vaccinated, undoubtedly because they were prioritized in the vaccination rollout since they’re more at risk from coronavirus infections. About 80 percent of Americans age 65 or older are fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, compared with about 55 percent of Americans 18 to 64. Within that 18-64 range, the younger the age group, the less likely it is to be vaccinated relative to its share of the population.

It also disputes the 41% number:

Depending on the poll, somewhere around 20 percent to 30 percent of Republicans say they won’t get vaccinated, whereas only about 5 percent of Democrats say the same. Independents who are refusing to get the vaccine range from around 10 percent to 25 percent in surveys.

Facts matter. Thank you for sharing some.
Clearly facts don't matter to many here. As you can see in your other exchange pointing only at one thing is the rule of the day, although entirely non-factual when viewed against the whole of influences

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I Believe access issues, fear of taking off work, financial ramifications and so on...

Clearly you didn't read it, but in summation the point of the article is that there are a number of factors influencing who is and who is not vaccinated. Whereas your cult points only to one factor among many. do have a good day
Yet...and still.

Only 14% of Americans say they will definitely not get vaccinated. But this group is 69% white, compared with 7% Black and 12% Hispanic. Republicans make up 58% of this group, while Democrats account for 18%.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yet...and still.

Only 14% of Americans say they will definitely not get vaccinated. But this group is 69% white, compared with 7% Black and 12% Hispanic. Republicans make up 58% of this group, while Democrats account for 18%.
Yes. Did you see me disputing it anywhere? Then again we're not discussing only the 14% of Americans who say they definitely will not get vaccinated, are we? We're discussing all of the contributing factors to the millions of people that are either refusing, think they're unable, are unable, don't want to, are avoiding it because of work or financial impacts, don't know where to get it, can't get it.. and so on. Yet, once again, you religiously point to only one factor

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Really? You don't think today's news on jobs will have an impact on his approval rating?
It might have an impact. Say, do you think the several million people that quit this month had a frustration with the job market and salary will have an impact on his approval rating, too?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Clearly facts don't matter to many here. As you can see in your other exchange pointing only at one thing is the rule of the day, although entirely non-factual when viewed against the whole of influences
Human shields don't need no stinkin' facts.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You hunt for things to slam a president who is a decent man.
That's not a good look for you.
And is hunting for things to slam pretty much anybody that is not of your political persuasion a good look for you?

According to your politic every person who is a conservative, or not a left-leaning, supported the insurrection, is a trump lover, hates vaccines, hate science and so on. You and your cohort spew it everyday here on this site. But I don't see you questioning whether it's a good look for anybody..

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
And is hunting for things to slam pretty much anybody that is not of your political persuasion a good look for you?

According to your politic every person who is a conservative, or not a left-leaning, supported the insurrection, is a trump lover, hates vaccines, hate science and so on. You and your cohort spew it everyday here on this site. But I don't see you questioning whether it's a good look for anybody..
Zam-Zam said:
No, but you did call other people dumb.
People you don't even know.
Not a good look for you.