• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How many carrier task groups are in the South China sea?

Days

Commentator
Only takes two hours for the B-1B Lancer to fly from Guam all the way to the Korean border. We've been practicing that in group formation for the past two weeks, North Korea is not too happy about that...

Days

Commentator
We already have the 3rd and 7th fleet in South China Sea, together with light carriers from UK and US, and Japan's light carrier task force is on the way in a couple of months, as probably the new Ford carrier will be also, meanwhile the Carl Vinson task force and a whole lot more military is performing exercises with the entire military of South Korea... bases from Guam to Okinawa, to South Korea are flooded with fighters, bombers, missiles, anti-missiles, artillery, there are submarines, destroyers, cruisers, at least a half dozen aircraft carriers, and we just keep sending more ships...

Days

Commentator
... and North Korea keeps testing missiles; which, by the way, they are forbidden to do by UN mandate. A year ago, Putin told North Korea if they keep testing missiles they are going to be attacked... couldn't be more blunt. Both China and Russia have warned them openly that the missile testing will result in open warfare... and yet they continue to do it, and declare war on us over and over, as well.

Trump is set to meet with Chinese leader Xi, and the exercises with South Korea are set to end as April closes out. We are rushing all battle ready warships in the Pacific to the area.

This 62 year old ceasefire is about to end...

Days

Commentator
South Korean Navy and US Navy are working together as a single unit...

Breaking News - U.S. Pacific Commander Meet ROK National Defense Minister Amid Tension

I'm not sure. Great Britain sent their main battle group with their latest carrier at the end of this past November. We sent 3 carrier task forces there, and I am wondering about our light carriers; for instance the USS America was running the same training exercises as the Carl Vinson was, but all we know is she is in the Pacific somewhere, supposedly the eastern Pacific. The Gerald R Ford will be deployed in May. Japan just said they will in May, send their only carrier task force to join up with however many are there... and China is like, whatup?

Meanwhile, we are about to begin our yearly exercises with South Korea and we have sent in an additional Air Force, artillery, and missile presence on an unprecedented scale. The Carl Vinson carrier group is sailing north (from the South China Sea) to join the exercises. Bombers, fighters, ships, submarines, missiles, artillery, and men are pouring into South Korea like crazy. This is the first time in America's history that all 3 of her strategic bombers: the B-1, B-2, and B-52 have been deployed together. The News media is silent, but everyone on YouTube is like, "holy shit, this is really happening" and "yes sir" ... videos get posted with nothing but music and a look at all this activity over there, just to give you a sense of the buzz in the air...

All this power, including what is in the South China Sea, all of it, is in striking range of North Korea. When we go on exercise...
Great Britain has no Aircraft Carriers . The RN has Helicopter Carriers and Assault Ships ...they do have some clout.

Days

Commentator
Great Britain has no Aircraft Carriers . The RN has Helicopter Carriers and Assault Ships ...they do have some clout.
... also known as "light carriers" ... also known as light carrier/amphibious assault; we definitely have at least one of those in the area and I'm guessing more are on hand. All our helicopter/F-35 carriers are deployed in the Pacific. The Japanese carrier task force that is sailing for South China Sea in May is also a helicopter carrier. China is mighty upset about that... these are the ships that launch amphibious assault, they can bring 1000-1700 marines ... and put them in exact locations onto those islands. All except our latest LHD were built with landing craft in the hull, which holds two hover craft; each capable of carrying 400 marines to a beachhead. The latest LHD, USS America has a hanger for the copters and jets instead, but has a dozen of our big copters that can move at speeds in excess of 300 mph and carry 24 marines at a time; so that is how it deploys onto land; dropping a dozen squads at a time where they are needed.

Our big carriers are loaded with super hornets, but the helicopter carriers have the capability of setting boots on the ground/reef. China is most concerned with the latter.

UK big carriers are also about to be deployed...

Replacing the Invincibles: Inside the Royal Navy's £6.2 Billion Warships

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
... also known as "light carriers" ... also known as light carrier/amphibious assault; we definitely have at least one of those in the area and I'm guessing more are on hand. All our helicopter/F-35 carriers are deployed in the Pacific. The Japanese carrier task force that is sailing for South China Sea in May is also a helicopter carrier. China is mighty upset about that... these are the ships that launch amphibious assault, they can bring 1000-1700 marines ... and put them in exact locations onto those islands. All except our latest LHD were built with landing craft in the hull, which holds two hover craft; each capable of carrying 400 marines to a beachhead. The latest LHD, USS America has a hanger for the copters and jets instead, but has a dozen of our big copters that can move at speeds in excess of 300 mph and carry 24 marines at a time; so that is how it deploys onto land; dropping a dozen squads at a time where they are needed.

Our big carriers are loaded with super hornets, but the helicopter carriers have the capability of setting boots on the ground/reef. China is most concerned with the latter.

UK big carriers are also about to be deployed...

Replacing the Invincibles: Inside the Royal Navy's £6.2 Billion Warships
Damn, they pulled that video already!!! That post is barely 4 hours old.

bitchin'... information mart at the speed of sound, we live in crazy times.

okay, here's another one of the Queen's amphibious assault/helicopter carriers. The new ships are 3 times this size, but the ship like this one in South China Sea is nothing to sneeze at. (This one is deployed in the Baltics)

Royal Navy Flagship HMS Ocean – Amphibious Assault Operations

Days

Commentator
Get ready for two more carrier task groups...

Eisenhower Strike Group Begins Sustainment Exercise, Ready To Deploy On Short Notice

First of Its Class, America's Newest Aircraft Carrier Is Underway at Sea

Days

Commentator
I kid you not... this is happening daily, these are same day posts...

Breaking News - USS Theodore Roosevelt Conducts Flight Operations, Southern California

Is anybody keeping count???

Would you believe there will be a dozen aircraft carriers wrapped in a half dozen task groups operating in the South China Sea or East China Sea within say, six to nine weeks. Those task groups are huge too, way bigger than the normal stand alone carrier group sent around the planet. Plus there are killer subs and nuclear subs... from all over the planet.

Let's not forget fighters, bombers, and drones that have been sent to airfields in South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, Guam, and the associated tankers for refueling in mid-air.

Add in the Air Forces of Japan, South Korea, and you have air power on an unprecedented level being amassed in the area. Unprecedented - as in - unprecedented in human history.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
This dictatorship is beyond sick, but that's not the reason we are reacting at this time. We are coming to the aid of our allies who are the target of North Korea's ballistic missile "practice" multiple launches. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure it violates the ceasefire agreement. Japan just committed their main carrier group into the mix in the South China Sea, think how Japan feels; they are facing total annihilation, they quit talking to China, China is nuts if they think they can bullshit Japan into taking North Korea's nukes.

But yeah, the regime in North Korea takes the cake for sick and repressive. Libs on this board are so blinded in their crazed hatred for Trump that they are justifying North Korea? North Korea??? They execute you if you watch a hollywood movie, they execute you if you don't look sad enough for the passing of the Dear Leader's father... they execute you for resisting rape, for anything over there. The Nazis were kinder to the Jews than North Korea is to its citizens. Their dear leader is worst than Stalin was; and Stalin was the sickest fvck to rule a major nation since the dark ages.

But the point here is not that North Korea's regime is sick, the point here is that North Korea is still at war and they have every intention of using these nukes against us and our allies... which they plainly say they intend to do.

Breaking News - North Korea Test High-Thrust Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Engine

Hawaii and Alaska are already in range.
I wasn't aware, until recently, that Japan was allowed to have warships. I don't trust those wormy little shitheads, I would not have allowed the Japanese to build a military.

Days

Commentator
I wasn't aware, until recently, that Japan was allowed to have warships. I don't trust those wormy little shitheads, I would not have allowed the Japanese to build a military.
Japan was not allowed to field Armies or Navies because of our conditions of Surrender in World War II. But they were allowed to maintain a Coast Guard; their so-called Maritime Defense force. heh. As it happens, the Japanese maritime defense is the 2nd largest Navy in Asian waters (after China). That's why China is so upset to see them joining the US and South Korean navies. Right now, over there, we are amassing the most powerful naval force in the modern history of warfare. I don't think it is needed to take those tiny islands from China, and neither does North Korea... have you noticed this word being bandied about in the news? denuclearize I didn't even know that was a word until a week ago.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Japan was not allowed to field Armies or Navies because of our conditions of Surrender in World War II. But they were allowed to maintain a Coast Guard; their so-called Maritime Defense force. heh. As it happens, the Japanese maritime defense is the 2nd largest Navy in Asian waters (after China). That's why China is so upset to see them joining the US and South Korean navies. Right now, over there, we are amassing the most powerful naval force in the modern history of warfare. I don't think it is needed to take those tiny islands from China, and neither does North Korea... have you noticed this word being bandied about in the news? denuclearize I didn't even know that was a word until a week ago.
I was just surprised to see that Japan has such a huge Navy. It brought back memories of Midway, Okinawa, and their WWII Navy that Americans had to destroy, at great cost.

Days

Commentator
I was just surprised to see that Japan has such a huge Navy. It brought back memories of Midway, Okinawa, and their WWII Navy that Americans had to destroy, at great cost.
The Japanese are the traditional Naval power in the Pacific, much like Great Britain ruled the Atlantic. China is an upstart naval power and still afraid of Japan at sea.

Here is a 3 year old vid looking at Japan's modern naval ambitions...

Why is Japan building up its navy?

Here is a 4 month old vid looking at current US Naval ambitions...

U.S. Navy's New Plan: $126.4 billion for Naval buildup to Make America’s Military Great Again

EatTheRich

President
Un has taken out several family members. He's a crazy man and someone needs to take him out.
The N. Koreans could organize independent unions to fight his regime. They'd have to win some bloody battles but the cards are in their hands.

EatTheRich

President
Meanwhile on the N. Korean side for military capabilities you have: the world's biggest submarine fleet; the world's largest number of special forces; several nuclear weapons; and missiles capable of hitting Seoul.