• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How many more current events can the media get wrong?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I don't listen to Trump ever.
Political commentary is one thing. By definition it's biased. I'm asking how do you determine what's real news vs fake news?
I ask because so far you've just repeated Trump/Russia conspiracies which aren't based on facts.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Political commentary is one thing. By definition it's biased. I'm asking how do you determine what's real news vs fake news?
I ask because so far you've just repeated Trump/Russia conspiracies which aren't based on facts.

much more intelligent people than you have been digging into those accusations for years...

what evidence was uncovered? [other than it all leading back to the democrats and biden]

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
For example when someone reports that Trump colluded with Russia and then the report comes out and it says no Russian Collusion. Then I determine that the 2 years worth of news saying he colluded is Fake.

When a news channel claims the maga kid disrespected an Indian elder and it turns out he did not and wins a lawsuit against the news channel then I determine at that point that it was fake news initially.

Understand?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The stupid call people with different skill sets than their own stupid.
Stupid people are stupid. There are metrics. GPAs, SAT scores, ACT scores, etc. It is my position that journalism types aren’t generally the high achievers on these.
Whether this irritates liberal arts types and leads them to redefine lesser intellectual capability as “different skill sets” is none of my concern.
:-/

Mick

The Right is always right
You're right. Trump/Russia collusion was a hoax based on lies. Now you going to address why left wing media lies and misleads so much? You fall for the nonsense daily.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
For example when someone reports that Trump colluded with Russia and then the report comes out and it says no Russian Collusion. Then I determine that the 2 years worth of news saying he colluded is Fake.

When a news channel claims the maga kid disrespected an Indian elder and it turns out he did not and wins a lawsuit against the news channel then I determine at that point that it was fake news initially.

Understand?
No, she doesn't.

BobbyT

Governor
While I agree to an extent, the fact that the narrative pretty much always supports the Democrats and never supports Republicans leads one to believe that it's not simply about money.. there's an ideology at work. It can't just randomly occur that 90% of the time it benefits one particular side.
If 'the narrative' seems to always support the Democrats, it's because that narrative makes the most money via clicks. Is that because more democrats than non democrats read / pay for that content? Who knows. But 'the media ' is not in business to lose money. There is no reason to believe media would support either republicans or democrats. They support anything what earns money.

Jen

Senator

Understand?
What is truly hard to understand is that when the two stories you mentioned were proven to be false...........there were (and obviously are) a whole group of people who STILL believe the false stories. How can that be?

I can understand being misled at first, but when they dig in and stick with the lie even after it has been shown publicly to be a lie....... I have to wonder what's wrong with their mind?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Understand?
Oh, dear. You DO NOT FOLLOW FACTS.
Had you read the Mueller report, you would've understood that Mueller couldn't find evidence of criminal conspiracy; however, that did not mean there wasn't collusion......considering Trump campaign people had over 100 contacts with Russians before the election.
So I will continue to call you out when it's evident that you are not dealing in facts, but swallowing whole the crap Trump tells you.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Look. My leftist base is insane.

Here is how it works:

Hate Trump Hate Trump

OOOOO MEDIA SAYS ' NEGATIVE BOMBSHELL AGAINST TRUMP!!!'

oooo Bomshell proven false. :(

WAIT - Hate Trump MORE !!!

OK. HATE TRUMP SO MUCH- THAT YOU CLING TO A LIE TO JUSTIFY HATE !!!

LOOK AT MY BASE OF 80 I.Q. LEFTISTS WHO POST HERE.

They do this day in day out. Sun up to sundown.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Had you read the Mueller report, you would've understood that Mueller couldn't find evidence of criminal conspiracy; however, that did not mean there wasn't collusion......considering Trump campaign people had over 100 contacts with Russians before the election.
So I will continue to call you out when it's evident that you are not dealing in facts, but swallowing whole the crap Trump tells you.

russians !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!

LOL You know. The Mueller Report couldn't find Murder, jaywalking, littering either

BUT because they didn't find it, doesn't mean it didn't happen!!! LOL

My My Low I.Q. leftists sure are desperate. They make their case clearly they will quadruple down on stupid.

occupy democrats does that to people. LOL

Stupid people are stupid. There are metrics. GPAs, SAT scores, ACT scores, etc. It is my position that journalism types aren’t generally the high achievers on these.
Whether this irritates liberal arts types and leads them to redefine lesser intellectual capability as “different skill sets” is none of my concern.
:-/
Do you have any metrics to back up your claim that journalism types are not the high achievers. Or are you merely speculating?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
If 'the narrative' seems to always support the Democrats, it's because that narrative makes the most money via clicks. Is that because more democrats than non democrats read / pay for that content? Who knows. But 'the media ' is not in business to lose money. There is no reason to believe media would support either republicans or democrats. They support anything what earns money.
I would say if there ever was evidence to prove that there is some sort of institutional bias, this would be it. I mean, it's uncanny how lopsided it is, and how often examples occur where the exact same instances and behavior are treated entirely differently, and just happen to drop into the "Democrats = good, Republicans = Bad" narrative.

You're arguing with hard data too. Every study done to gauge the media comes back with numbers that say it's extremely liberal.

There are clearly stories out there to mischaracterize and rattle the cage of Democrats, they just ARE Democrats, so they don't do it. And they hold the keys, so, instead of crapping on their own, they just create "news" to take down who they oppose.

I'd say you're completely naive here. It's not picking narrative over money, they get to have their cake and eat it too.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
My post was about Trump.