• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How many more current events can the media get wrong?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
If 'the narrative' seems to always support the Democrats, it's because that narrative makes the most money via clicks. Is that because more democrats than non democrats read / pay for that content? Who knows. But 'the media ' is not in business to lose money. There is no reason to believe media would support either republicans or democrats. They support anything what earns money.
As we've long established in our society, the ability to make money isn't enough to justify accepting any behavior that comes from it.

I'm not considered pro-union, but I believe there's a certain amount of rights workers need. The most profit would be zero union, what the owner says. However, what is "right" is to have baseline standards of employee treatment.

The same goes here. The media as an institution isn't morally correct when simply making the most money. They clearly have an obligation to treat people fairly, and not make slanders, mischaracterizations, etc.

You can choose to relieve them of this, I sure won't. Might doesn't make right, no matter what direction in comes from.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Stupid people are stupid. There are metrics. GPAs, SAT scores, ACT scores, etc. It is my position that journalism types aren’t generally the high achievers on these.
Whether this irritates liberal arts types and leads them to redefine lesser intellectual capability as “different skill sets” is none of my concern.
:-/

they are right up there with actors and aluminum siding sales people...

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Nope, just fake kavannaugh.

dont fret,,,trump will finish loading SCOTUS with conservatives thus ending the lefts "ruling from the bench" and clearing the way for decades of future prosperity.

soon as ruth takes the dirt nap, its all over but the bellyaching for the democrats...

you guys should have kept your eyes on the real prize...presidents come and go every 4-8 years, and much of what one pres. does, can be undone by the next. [see obobos "legacy" as trump dismantles it] but SCOTUS appointees are for LIFE, thus having much more lasting power for change than any sitting pres.

dont fret,,,trump will finish loading SCOTUS with conservatives thus ending the lefts "ruling from the bench" and clearing the way for decades of future prosperity.

soon as ruth takes the dirt nap, its all over but the bellyaching for the democrats...

you guys should have kept your eyes on the real prize...presidents come and go every 4-8 years, and much of what one pres. does, can be undone by the next. [see obobos "legacy" as trump dismantles it] but SCOTUS appointees are for LIFE, thus having much more lasting power for change than any sitting pres.
Indeed, and Trump will get two more SCOTUS nominees in his second term, bringing his total to 4, and ensuring a constitutional SCOTUS for the next 25 years.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
1000% Correct.

30 Min of news a day used to be plenty for all. Maybe a Newspaper.

Now you have 24/7 'news'.
AND the Internet.
SO they have to fill time. AND to fill time, they must sell commercials.

So, Truth be damned.

Anymore, if something is a 'Special Report' It's rarely 'special'.

If an opinion is interjected- it's not 'news'.

Who knew that in an age of 24/7 'News' and Social media- People would be less informed and less social? Weird.

When you see a story (Like Smollett's) Ask yourself- is this really news ?

99% of the time- it is not.
Excellent

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Recession dead ahead.

But, since the business cycle runs at about 7-8 years they'll be right at some point down the road.

This expansion began Jan, 2017. That should put it at around 2025
A stopped clock is correct twice a day

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Welp...since no one else did so, I’ll address the elephant in the room.
Those of you who are college educated, tell me how many exceedingly bright people did you run into studying “Journalism” (or most of the other humanities)? I knew many brilliant people in the sciences. Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, the engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, chemical, etc.). I knew Business and Econ folks who were quite sharp. But “Journalism”?? Do you think this is a field of study that attracts disproportionately smart folks? I can tell you that my experience has been quite the opposite.

It is also true that the vast majority of media are in the tank for the narrative of the left and have no qualms adhering to that...but the overwhelming critique I have is that these media folks would be EATEN ALIVE in a truly competitive, results-oriented field. This holds for government hacks as well.

Frankly, these are intellectually-inferior sloths and slugs.

(Forgive me for sugar coating it).
"journalist" don't know the difference between a Bulldozer and a Skid-steer as I learned at a barn fire where 6 horses died...………..you are correct...……"journalist" are not the sharpest pencil in the box

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I wouldn’t know, of course. I can only attest to my years of experience. Journalism is not the playground of the inspired. Jet Propulsion Labs doesn’t pull from the NYT or NBC.

The kids I knew in school who were in such programs were bottom rung academically.
When my daughter graduates in (1 1/2 years) with her PHD, she will be a 'Rocket Propulsion Engineer for NASA...………...

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I would say all of the big news topics listed in this thread are fake news.

Trump was supposedly a Russian asset, colluded with them, and Schiff had direct evidence of it (not). Smollett was attacked by KKK (not). Maga hat kid disrespected an Indian elder (not). Quid pro quos were supposed to remove the president (not). Kavanaugh was a rapist (not).

The media can't get a major story right. Pretty sad. They jump the gun because they want them to be true.
If only Trump would have 'Honeymooned' in Moscow he could be the DNC 2020 leading candidate...……..as Bernie (not a Russian asset)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You should proof read before hitting post reply......……….since you're posting of people being stupid