• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How many of you want to go to war with Iran?

Should we strike Iran for going nuclear?

• Total voters

RedCloud

Mayor
No Jack. That is not exactly correct. Now I forget the ins and outs, as I do, but in 2005 the IAEA arrived and insisted on seeing this that and the other and their Aunty's kitchen, without any pre warning or agreements. The Iranians said that they did not want to go through that which was a very unpleasent experience this time and that there should be definate and precise agreements up front. This is what they have been negotiating ............exactly what and where and how the IAEA want to investigate.
The Iranians have denyed them nothing only that they are asking first for modality.

Strangly this was reported in Israeli news papers and Russian and others but that bit of the whole report which all reporters got was somehow missed out of all Western News ...................odd eh ?

Jack these Inspecters are looking for nuclear capability are they not ? That is all. The site in question is massive but the Iranians are saying there is no 'Atom Bomb' there. But OK if our inspecters are looking only for nuclear possibilities, they will have all sorts of 'spy maps' and intelligence they will know where and what they want to see so once they have seen all they want to see, is it any of their business to be looking at other weaponary ? No it isn't. Which is in part what they did last time, they would suddenly decide they wanted to see in that direction, now ! or in that hanger, now! Places which could have no nuclear possibilities.
Queenie, I'll bet you any amount of money you want that you will not find a weapon in my house. You can look everywhere except the hall closet.

Days

Commentator
It's not that difficult. Uranium enrichment only needs to be 3% range for producing electricity. It needs to be 20% range to produce a bomb. So, the IAEA doesn't need to go looking in every hole in the ground for a bomb, they just need to monitor their enrichment program and make sure it is around 3%.

Days

Commentator
JackDallas would nuke his grandmother if she lived in the latest nation the zionista has in its cross hairs.

What is it with these nuke heads? Suddenly launching nukes is a great idea.

I guess for all the good it can do?

Nothing says, "we don't care about human life on the planet" like nuclear warheads.

21st century pro life agenda: Everyone needs to have lots of babies so we can nuke 'em.

Wulk

Mayor
Days, you are wrong. 20 per cent enrichment doesn't produce bomb material, it produces the means to fuel medical equipment. Over 90 per cent enrichment is necessary to provide nuclear weapons capability.

Guilt. After 64 years. Stupidity.
If Iran had any capability or wish for making a Nuke, Israel would be very very quickly empty of Israelis and thats for sure ! Reading Israeli Newspapers they play down the Iranians 'Atom Bomb' for fear of a mass exodus. This is really sick shit, those fanatical Zionists are a creepy scarry lot. I would really love to see Jack Dallas's face if he was ever unlucky enough to come face to face with 'a Mosaad'.
That this is all about the capability for making medical equipment is the sickest thing of all and why is it never mentioned in Western 'News' ? May Iranians not be allowed modern medical capabilities ? And if not why not ?
Guilt ..mmm ....... when the truth is out and it will one day be outted, more and more people are realising the truths, it will yet again be the poor ordianary Jew who suffers. We never hear their voices in the Main Media either do we ?

I'm with you, Wulk! Who are we to say that Iran should not have nuclear capability? They have signed, and support, the NPT...only Israel has refused to sign, and refused inspection of their nuclear arsenal.
They, the Persians and the Iranians, have ALWAYS said that they don't want one.

Not a good question... there are several options. Pick "A" or "B" only- is narrow minded. How about C, D or E. Waiting is not an option but my gut tells me an 11th hour solution is forthcoming. Maybe from Iran's Ayatollah?

The end of Ahmadinejad? This from the Atlantic....

Sometimes these things have a way of working things out?

If we attack Iran we start our 3rd and largest Middle East war, just as we hoped to end the first two. But Iran is going nuclear and our government leaders all say (except Ron Paul) that we need to stop Iran from joining the nuclear nations. Iran hasn't attacked anyone. If Iran launched nuclear on Israel, Israel could handily wipe them off the face of the earth (and would) and Iran knows that. But it is scary to have another nation go nuclear within reach of your cities. We didn't want to live with missiles in Cuba. Once again we are faced with the terrible consequences of the Bush first-strike doctrine. Should we join in another war with Iran?

yes, lets kill them before they kill us

no, don't attack them unless they attack us first

Trust us:
In God We Trust:

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB126/index.htm

http://www.history.com/videos/reagan-dont-negotiate-with-terrorists#reagan-dont-negotiate-with-terrorists

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war

People are afraid you might use weapons (unlike any other nation on earth?) if you obtain them:
http://www.fogonazos.es/2007/02/hiroshima-pictures-they-didnt-want-us_05.html

Do we live in the land of Denial and Delusion or the land of Reality?

Could a 5th grader figure out why Iran might want what we have and how we're pushing them towards wanting them all that much more?

No right to bear arms? No right to defend themselves against those who do have nukes threatening those who don't?

If Iran obtains what France, England, Russia, India, China, Pakistan, North Korea and the only nation to have ever used nuclear weapons on people, civilians no less, who's fault is it likely to be? Want non-proliferation? Get rid of your own nuclear weapons.

We feared Germany obtaining atomic capability first so they could bring other nations to their knees, so what did we do? Instead of doing all in our power THEN to destroy nuclear capability, we took it developed it and USED it. Now we expect someone else is NOT going to follow our lead or want the same thing we're so proud of, the right to keep and bear arms so we can "defend" ourselves?

Yes, we can all be blindly loyal and patriotic and say oh, we had to do it to save lives, but come back to objective reality folks and look at the state Pearl Harbor and 9-11-01 put this nation in and both of those events combined plus all the dead from two subsequent wars amounted to how many dead in comparison to a number of dead just minutes after dropping bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

We made our own bed and now we're lying in it unfortunately because of our "leadership" with such weapons.

Instead of throwing the "ring" into the mouth of the volcano, we slipped the ring onto our finger and thought we'd use a great evil for "good". As a consequence, we've been facing what we have been facing regarding other nations wantling the same weapons, the same "defense" capability and the same negotiating capability that we have and we're scared stiff someone is going to act like we did.

We might start by not drinking anymore of our own Kool Aid, look in a real mirror (not a magic one) get sober, clean up our own acts and make sure people know we are constantly aware of our past (and not act as if it never happened) or surely we're one day going to pay a whole lot more than we have so far and unfortuntely there will be no one to blame, but ourselves.

No, we can't go back and undo what was done, but acting as if it never happened does not help, but hurt negotiations. People don't want hypocritical lectures, but they will listen to someone who has regrets about what they did and why they now want to prevent it from occurring in the future and anyone else repeating the same mistake.

Unfortunately we come across as a bit of 'we did it and are proud of it, but you can't do it and if you did, you'd be the scum of the earth.' We aren't fooling anyone, except perhaps ourselves.

We led the way to their use, only we can lead the way out by expressing regret for doing so and suggesting we're looking for a way to diminish or end the fear of nuclear weapon use and would like all to join in on that solution.

My interest is in NOT starting wars, but preventing them. I don't believe you prevent wars or people that would be motivated to use terrorist tactics against you, by pissing them off. Just as attacks on us piss us off and strengthen our resolve, our attacks against others will do the same. Rather than having to end wars, not contributing to starting them in the first place seems to demonstrate intelligence over emotion and some need to demonstrate physical strength. If we are to claim to only use force to defend ourselves then we could also demonstrate that in the strictest sense, rather than push the envelope in the other direction, knowing how we would feel in any other nation thought it was their "right" to strike us first and justify it as "pre-emptive defense" or suggest a "defense" that required killing tens of thousands of civilians, to "save lives".

lilly

Council Member
I love my country much like my children always unconditionally but admit to their mistakes and hope that much will be learned from it. Many parents today do not admit to their children's mistakes just as Americans do not admit to it's mistakes and it comes back to haunt them when it could work for the betterment of both.

''Could a 5th grader figure out why Iran might want what we have and how we're pushing them towards wanting them all that much more?''

But Knot they don't want a Nuclear Bomb, they never had. They have always said they do not want one. It is the West telling ourselves that the Iranians want a Nuclar Weapon. What would they want it for ? They are not and have shown no signs of becoming a War like Peoples. Not since the Bronze age. All they have the capacity for or rather all they are looking to have the capability for is medical equipment.

'' We feared Germany obtaining atomic capability first so they could bring other nations to their knees, so what did we do? ''

Germany was in fact ahead of us at one point but odd as it may seem the Germans had some scruples about bombing civillians and pulled the plug on the making of an Atom Bomb. 'Our' Intelligence knew this.

There is a lot of good stuff in your post Knot , as usual :) but you are talking about Irans right to have a bomb and why they would feel unfriendly towards Britain and the US ...................thing is though ...They don't want a BOMB !!!! They just don't want one, they never have.

There is some very messed up psycology being used on us here, me thinks Knot, don't you ?

lilly

Council Member
''Could a 5th grader figure out why Iran might want what we have and how we're pushing them towards wanting them all that much more?''

But Knot they don't want a Nuclear Bomb, they never had. They have always said they do not want one. It is the West telling ourselves that the Iranians want a Nuclar Weapon. What would they want it for ? They are not and have shown no signs of becoming a War like Peoples. Not since the Bronze age. All they have the capacity for or rather all they are looking to have the capability for is medical equipment.

'' We feared Germany obtaining atomic capability first so they could bring other nations to their knees, so what did we do? ''

Germany was in fact ahead of us at one point but odd as it may seem the Germans had some scruples about bombing civillians and pulled the plug on the making of an Atom Bomb. 'Our' Intelligence knew this.

There is a lot of good stuff in your post Knot , as usual :) but you are talking about Irans right to have a bomb and why they would feel unfriendly towards Britain and the US ...................thing is though ...They don't want a BOMB !!!! They just don't want one, they never have.

There is some very messed up psycology being used on us here, me thinks Knot, don't you ?
So according to you, you feel Iran would tell everyone they had a bomb or are building one??????????? You believe when they say they don't want a bomb????

Geeeez that takes the cake!

Days

Commentator
Judging by my first 52 years on the planet, America seems to desire war, the leaders dream up wars they would like to fight and then they dream up excuses to go fight those wars. Then the media rams that down our throats for months on end and then we are off attacking some nation and pulverizing it into dust.

The best part is we seem to be going broke doing this, there's no spoils of war in it for us as a nation. Certain individuals are getting rich, but the nation is being used and abused by power brokers who hide behind the scenes and manipulate the whole process.

Iran calls America the great wh*re... so how fitting is it that our Congress wants to attack Iran solely because the individual members of Congress are bought and paid for by AIPAC? They wh*re out our military to do the bidding of a tiny nation built by globalists... so follow the money, what does Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and Iran have in common? oil.

Days

Commentator
America hasn't made any mistakes, we have think tanks that work an approach to every foreign policy and we build plans and we follow those plans and we get exactly the results we desire. Its just that those results benefit a few rich bastards and screw the rest of us. But that was by design, it was no mistake.

So according to you, you feel Iran would tell everyone they had a bomb or are building one??????????? You believe when they say they don't want a bomb????

Geeeez that takes the cake!
Lilly, I see no difference in degrees of nastiness between the Iranian or the Israeli Governments. But Iran has been insular for a long time. Israel has said openly that they want the whole of the Lebenon anihalated, meaning all of the peoples. Iran has only said that the Israeli Government should be gone. The difference ? Iran's words are mis translated and Israels words are not reported at all.

You are asking if ? Why should all of a sudden Iran, an insular unwarlike nation, want a bomb when they have never ever wanted one before ? If we want to know the answer we can only find it in facts that we have. The facts that we have just do not stand up to Iran trying to make a Nuke. Every single inspecter who has inspected Iran says so, including your own. Or, are you just without question going to believe a monsterously aggressive peoples The Israelis over Iran ?

An Iran who has never denied Inspecters access only asked for modality before giving them access against an Israel who has always denied inspecters into their land.

We are absolutly terrified of the possibility of another unstable mad Republican US President who really has Nukes now and we know you have used them, you are the only people who have.

It would be five years minimum more likely ten years before Iran would have a Nuke even if they wanted one. What they are doing is trying to make medical equipment that you would scream and shout about if it wasn't available in any of your hospitals.

And yet again you dropped the bomb as an electionering ploy ..beware of the Americans at election time they are in danger of loosing their sanity ! At least if a country like Iran did I would expect they had a better reason then power for another four years ! Four years ! Jeeez who takes the cake for Nuking other peoples into oblivion ? That one is yours.

Judging by my first 52 years on the planet, America seems to desire war, the leaders dream up wars they would like to fight and then they dream up excuses to go fight those wars. Then the media rams that down our throats for months on end and then we are off attacking some nation and pulverizing it into dust.

The best part is we seem to be going broke doing this, there's no spoils of war in it for us as a nation. Certain individuals are getting rich, but the nation is being used and abused by power brokers who hide behind the scenes and manipulate the whole process.

Iran calls America the great wh*re... so how fitting is it that our Congress wants to attack Iran solely because the individual members of Congress are bought and paid for by AIPAC? They wh*re out our military to do the bidding of a tiny nation built by globalists... so follow the money, what does Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and Iran have in common? oil.
Of the top ten Weapons builders and dealers in the World nine are American and one British. That is all.

As for the oil ......Iran is asking to be paid in Gold instead of Dollars as Saddam and Gaddafi dared to do. Yugoslavia and Afganistan are simply overland routes to the sea for further oil for the future.

lilly

Council Member
Queen, I am not making any excuses for Israel at all and they should have to have inspections. I think they will use us more and more if we let them. They are our only Democratic ally in that region and I think Obama wants to keep them but then again I don't trust them and think they would stab us in the back without a moments thought.

Bush and the Congress got us into war and we should remember how it happened but I (only me) feel we should be careful when it comes to Iran and Israel equally. Obama's hair is grey and that is the reason ....way more so than the economy.

You see it from a different prospective and I will keep what you say in mind as well.

Queen, I am not making any excuses for Israel at all and they should have to have inspections. I think they will use us more and more if we let them. They are our only Democratic alley in that region and I think Obama wants to keep them but then again I don't trust them and think they would stab us in the back without a moments thought.

Bush and the Congress got us into war and we should remember how it happened but I (only me) feel we should be careful when it comes to Iran and Israel equally. Obama's hair is grey and that is the reason ....way more so than the economy.

You see it from a different prospective and I will keep what you say in mind as well.
We all have problems with our politicians Angel, for our greatest enemies are within :) xxxxx