• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How many out there think that the "Citizens" by SCOTUS case was correct?

I consider myself a moderate. Example, I think Roe was a bogus decision and think that the present 2nd Amendment case was wrong and believe the 1934 case where the right to bear arms wasn't an individual right but a right as part of militia was correct. The one decision that I have the most problems with is the "citizens" decision. When this was first made I thought I was alone in thinking this decision was more political than constitutional. Now I have listened to many people on the right say that this decision was wrong, although they are very happy with the outcome, as it certainly helps the Republican Party much more than the Dems. So how do people out there feel about the "Citizens" decision by SCOTUS, was it a good constitutional decision or more of a political decision made by the right wing of SCOTUS to help conservatives in the country?

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
in ruling for Citizens United, the Robert's Court answered a question that wasn't even asked and erased 100 years of campaign finance law. that decision ranks right up there with Bush v Gore in its stench.

fairsheet

Senator
If there's a silver lining, it's that "Citizen's United" ran afoul of the Teabaggery's feelings, along with many within the Fox/GOP cohort. To the extent "Citizen's United" was partisan, it was partisan in favor of the GOP establishment, rather than the GOP rabble. This hints that the GOP rabble may get a bit of surprise, when the Supreme Court rules on the ACA's "mandate".