• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How Mitt Romney won the 2012 GOP Nomination....

GordonGecko

President
Let 'em tear each other apart, while you kill 'em with kindness.

"And there always additional considerations to attacking the candidate most likely to win the nomination. Bachmann, for example, hesitated to attack Romney in the hope she might get a Vice Presidential nod, according to one ex-adviser.

Romney, for his part, has at least tried to encourage these divisions at times. He made it a point to praise or call attention to Cain and Bachmann in debates when they were down in the polls knowing he would benefit from a bump by either as a counterweight against his better funded and more dangerous rivals.

The strategy is reminiscent of Clint Eastwood’s trademark Mexican standoffs — if you’re in a gunfight with multiple opponents, the best thing you can do is convince them to shoot each other. "

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/divide-and-conquer-how-mitt-romney-turned-his-rivals-against-each-other.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I heard the majority of the negative ads are coming from the Romney camp. one would think Iowa repubs would notice.

GordonGecko

President
I heard the majority of the negative ads are coming from the Romney camp. one would think Iowa repubs would notice.
Romney SUPER PACs....Mitt himself kept his hands "clean". It's how he knocked off Newt....how he'll knock off ANY real challenger to him before Super Tuesday.

GordonGecko

President
so Romney's faking it. I get it.
Early on, he could afford to "be nice" ("Roadhouse" style)....but Newt's rise just before Iowa was a real threat, so he HAD to be taken out. It would have been directed at Perry if he hadn't collapsed of his own stupidity earlier on.

Romney will easily win New Hampshire. If Santorum does well, we'll see "Iowa" all over again in South Carolina and if anybody starts to rise up again, and threaten Mitt?.....the Super PACs will crush them as they did Newt in IA.

In the end? The "anti-Mitts" will keep losing, Romney wins big pluralities in the Big Delegate States....and coasts to the Nomination.