• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How Much Disaster Prepping Have You Done if Any?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I asked a Kroger mgr today if the empty shelves in the food isles because of Prepper shoppers In the morning. He said since the initial wave, the warehouses can’t keep up and are bare themselves
I hope that at some point the "Saturation " effect kicks in and these fools realize they have enough spam and spaghetti o's to last 3 years. or these panic buyers run out of money.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I cheated, since I live in tornado country I have a shelter and using the Katrina event as a yardstick I felt that since I lived in the boonies I'd better prepare for 60-90 days just to be safe, so it wasn't too hard to get another 3 month supply in.
I usually start prepping for hurricane season in April. Now is a good time to fill the gas jugs for my generator. I already have some of the other stuff I stock.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I usually start prepping for hurricane season in April. Now is a good time to fill the gas jugs for my generator. I already have some of the other stuff I stock.
I use an enzyme based stabilizer for my fuel, it's called Star Tron http://www.starbrite.com/startron it's better than anything I've ever used.

If you're using E10 or E15 fuel it doesn't last very long without some help as it's hygroscopic and sucks up ambient moisture and can really cause problems for you.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
I myself got caught off guard with Donald Trump's Great Toilet Paper Panic of 2020. However, I have now acquired at least a 90 day supply. My big worry is democrats keeping our economy locked down through November in a desperate attempt to give Pres. Biden a bump in the polls.

I have spent at least $1,000 in groceries at Walmart, Target, Kroger and a few others here and there as I have relocated to Athens, GA to be closer with my family as the Economic Apocolypse will be upon us a democrat's lockdown America and then blame Trump for the inevitable result... DEPRESSION!

We are a Family of 3:

30 cans of 12.5oz canned chicken
10 cans of 12.5oz canned beef
30 cans of Tuna
10 cans of Spam
10 Cans of 38oz Dinty Moore Beef Stew
10 cans of 42 oz La Choy Beef/Chicken Chow Mein (see I'm not racist)
at least 60 can vegetables
20lbs of rice and 5 boxes instant rice.
10 boxes instant potatoes
30 boxes macaroni/cheese
20 cans of beans.
10 32 oz cans tomato sauce
10 jars spaghetti sauce
Various pasta

Basically 5 small 1 Large U-haul boxes.

Including my regular kitchen pantry, I have #3 month supply food supply and I'm gambling Water/Electric stays on.

I am going to continue to build my food supply every day. Concentrating on canned meats, tuna, canned vegetables and rice/potatoes.

The way I see things, I will need at least a 6 month supply of food and a double-barrel shotgun to get through the democrat's economic lockdown. But I have 30 days at best before the supermarkets have empty shelves and we get the bread lines, which Bernie Sanders says is a good thing.
Replaced copper jackets with hollow points

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Last edited:
I myself got caught off guard with Donald Trump's Great Toilet Paper Panic of 2020. However, I have now acquired at least a 90 day supply. My big worry is democrats keeping our economy locked down through November in a desperate attempt to give Pres. Biden a bump in the polls.

I have spent at least $1,000 in groceries at Walmart, Target, Kroger and a few others here and there as I have relocated to Athens, GA to be closer with my family as the Economic Apocolypse will be upon us a democrat's lockdown America and then blame Trump for the inevitable result... DEPRESSION!

We are a Family of 3:

30 cans of 12.5oz canned chicken
10 cans of 12.5oz canned beef
30 cans of Tuna
10 cans of Spam
10 Cans of 38oz Dinty Moore Beef Stew
10 cans of 42 oz La Choy Beef/Chicken Chow Mein (see I'm not racist)
at least 60 can vegetables
20lbs of rice and 5 boxes instant rice.
10 boxes instant potatoes
30 boxes macaroni/cheese
20 cans of beans.
10 32 oz cans tomato sauce
10 jars spaghetti sauce
Various pasta

Basically 5 small 1 Large U-haul boxes.

Including my regular kitchen pantry, I have #3 month supply food supply and I'm gambling Water/Electric stays on.

I am going to continue to build my food supply every day. Concentrating on canned meats, tuna, canned vegetables and rice/potatoes.

The way I see things, I will need at least a 6 month supply of food and a double-barrel shotgun to get through the democrat's economic lockdown. But I have 30 days at best before the supermarkets have empty shelves and we get the bread lines, which Bernie Sanders says is a good thing.
There is this company call webstaurant based out of GA.

You can buy restaurant supplies from them. Get boxes of beans and rice delivered (perfect protein). Then go to Lowes and buy their food grade white plastic buckets with lids.

At amazon buy the large 5 gallon mylar bags that come with the oxygen absorbers.

Find a flat/square metal bar and heat up your clothes iron. Put the beans and rice in seperate bags, toss in an oxygen absorbing packet, squeeze out the excess air and seal the mylar bag.

Put salt, pepper, garlic, onion condiments in another bucket. This will form the basis of a very good start in food prepping. Put half your food preps in one location and the other half in another. [EDIT: soak your beans and rice before cooking. Buy a steel pressure cooker to reduce cooking time and therefore energy consumption and buy one of those steel [edit: rocket] stoves that burn twigs with high efficiency.]

FIND YOUTUBE VIDEO TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH THIS PROCESS. THIS FOOD CAN LAST 20 YEARS STORED.

Last edited:
Not much, actually. Life won't be worth living when the SHTF, so I don't need any "preparations" (other than a gun and a bullet).
Most people are going to die that way within a year and half. After two growing seasons things will get better under most disaster scenarios. You just have to band with friends and neighbors to get through it.

Thumbs up! Not easy or cheap to get at a 6 month supply. I was at a 3-day supply last week. I felt good having a 3 month supply until I read this...

REF:
  • We are upgrading our preparedness recommendations to 18 months of food and critical supplies. This is not some sort of self-serving statement, since our own store barely has anything left to sell.

Don't let them put fear in you. That isn't useful for good thinking.

I asked a Kroger mgr today if the empty shelves in the food isles because of Prepper shoppers In the morning. He said since the initial wave, the warehouses can’t keep up and are bare themselves
Try restaurant supply. Cause you know restaurants are closed. ;0)

I hope that at some point the "Saturation " effect kicks in and these fools realize they have enough spam and spaghetti o's to last 3 years. or these panic buyers run out of money.
Make your own food freeze drier. Every meal you cook up good freeze dry the leftovers and then vacuum pack in a 4 mil bag.