• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How would you set district boundaries?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Not like this.
GOP took Rep Marcy Kaptur's square of a major metro district and turned it into a snake (green area) at the top of the state. I trust that will be changed.

View attachment 65675
Lamar: In May a panel of federal judges in Cincinnati described the district as "a bizarre, elongated sliver of a district that sever numerous counties." The purpose for that nonsensical grouping is to pack as many Democratic voters as possible into a single district. The court held that the 9th is a blatant partisan gerrymander, but there will be no federal judicial remedy since the Supreme Court's ruling in June that the courts have no role in ending partisan gerrymandering.
Experts identify the worst examples of gerrymandering - The Fulcrum

Dividing that district would be fair, eh?

Drumcollie

The idea of mapping out districts every 10 yrs when gerrymandering is used IS what's archaic. The will of the majority is erased.

End gerrymandering and we'll see the true vote.

Done.
True, Elbridge Gerry, was a (D).

Drumcollie

Excuse me. I should have been more specific and included the definition of gerrymandering.

Definition of gerrymandering

: the practice of dividing or arranging a territorial unit into election districts in a way that gives one political party an unfair advantage in elections

From your link:

YvonneBryant
30 June, 2019

I LOOK UP GERRYMANDERING BECAUSE I HEARD THE WORD ON CNN NEWS.
It makes you wonder:

1. Why is she yelling?
2. Did she find out E. Gerry was a (D)?
3. So this is yer typical CNN viewer, eh?
4. This why CNN never has good ratings?

God of War

Governor
No, he wasn’t. He was a member of Jefferson’s Democratic-Republican Party, which is not the same as the Democratic Party … as has been pointed out to your lying ass numerous times.
By and large Dem and Repub party election platforms have been the same for a very long time. Dems have communal policies while Repubs want rugged individual policies.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Lamar: In May a panel of federal judges in Cincinnati described the district as "a bizarre, elongated sliver of a district that sever numerous counties." The purpose for that nonsensical grouping is to pack as many Democratic voters as possible into a single district. The court held that the 9th is a blatant partisan gerrymander, but there will be no federal judicial remedy since the Supreme Court's ruling in June that the courts have no role in ending partisan gerrymandering.
Experts identify the worst examples of gerrymandering - The Fulcrum

Dividing that district would be fair, eh?
Republicans were in control of redistricting a decade ago and created the snake.

In evenly split Ohio, redistricting gives GOP 12-4 edge in congressional seats - cleveland.com

trapdoor

Governor
I would let the members of the party that won in the most resent election nearest the redistricting period re-draw the boundaries using a political process with guidance by federal law and the U.S. court system...oh, wait.