• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Hypocrisy x 14 trillion - As Trump rails against mail-in voting, his campaign tries to make it easier for Pennsylvania supporters

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Do as I say not as I do, don't worry my base will defend, deflect and deny I said anything

yes, the campaign website is encouraging the fraudulent mail in voting scheme, I guess the campaign has hired that ballot harvester from N. Carolina !

As President Donald Trump attacks the legitimacy of elections with increased mail-in voting, his campaign is trying to make it easier for supporters in Pennsylvania to request mail-in ballots for next week's primary there.

Through its website, the Trump campaign is providing Pennsylvania supporters with an easy access link to help them request ballots for next week's election. By clicking the link, supporters are prompted to enter their personal information which the website then uses to create a form that voters can send to their local election officials. The website also notes the deadline to register.

Trump has railed against efforts to boost mail-in voting as states try to keep large crowds away from the polls amid the outbreak. He's insisted there's "NO WAY" an election that sees such a rise in mail-in voting will be legitimate.

The campaign says there's no contradiction between that and the president's extensive commentary on mail-in voting, which they said was focused on the process of mailing ballots to all voters amid the coronavirus pandemic, not on individually requesting the mail-in forms.

"There’s a vast difference between people voting absentee by mail because they can’t be at the polls on Election Day versus mailing everyone a ballot," Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told NBC News. "Sending everyone a ballot — even those who didn’t request one — is a wide open opportunity for fraud."

"While we strongly disagree with the ill-intended Democrat push for more mail-in ballots, we have an obligation to our voters to inform them of what the law is in their state and what their options are," he added.

Murtaugh did not immediately respond when asked whether the campaign is engaging in similar efforts in other states with upcoming primaries where requesting absentee ballots to vote by mail is necessary.

Both Democratic and Republican officials overseeing that process told NBC News that Trump is dead wrong and outlined the steps they take — most importantly, signature verification — to ensure the integrity of the system.

Trump's claims of voter fraud are not backed by the historical record, as officials noted, and Twitter on Tuesday attached a fact-check to the president's Twitter commentary for the first time, labeling his posts as "unsubstantiated" and linking to articles debunking the claims.

Researchers at UCLA and the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Union of Concerned Scientists, concluded that voter fraud is "not widespread" and that mail-in ballot fraud is "very rare."

Stanford University's Democracy & Polarization Lab found that universal vote-by-mail has "no impact on partisan turnout or vote share."

A California special congressional election this month determined mostly by mail-in ballots saw Republican Mike Garcia defeat Democrat Christy Smith in a district where Democrats held a registration advantage.

Critics have zeroed in on Trump himself having voted absentee through the mail, including earlier this year in Florida.

"We can't do that," the president said Tuesday of expanded mail-in voting. "Absentee is OK: You're sick. You're away. As an example, I have to do an absentee because I'm voting in Florida, and I happen to be president. I live in that very beautiful house over there that's painted white. So that's OK. And it's OK for people that are sick and they can't get up."

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, who has defended the president's commentary on mail-in voting in recent days, has voted by mail 11 times in the past decade, The Tampa Bay Times reported Wednesday.

"Absentee voting has the word absent in it for a reason," McEnany said in a statement in response. "It means you’re absent from the jurisdiction or unable to vote in person. President Trump is against the Democrat plan to politicize the coronavirus and expand mass mail-in voting without a reason, which has a high propensity for voter fraud. This is a simple distinction that the media fails to grasp."

In Pennsylvania, local GOP leaders have promoted mail-in voting, but have been met with pushback from Republican voters, Reuters reported this month.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
your stupidity is noted.....

In big bold letter on the bottom of the page linked...

Paid for by the Republican National Committee. Not Authorized By Any Candidate Or Candidate's Committee.
You need to direct your message to NBC , I will forward it to them. thanks !

So do you deny the campaign is trying to sign people up to vote by mail, and do you deny the KIng has set his new campaign strategy - excuse for losing to " fraudulent mail ballots ?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
You need to direct your message to NBC , I will forward it to them. thanks !

So do you deny the campaign is trying to sign people up to vote by mail, and do you deny the KIng has set his new campaign strategy - excuse for losing to " fraudulent mail ballots ?
the message at the bottom of the linked page is quite clear, even for someone of your limited capabilities. It SPECIFICALLY says the Trump campaign is not responsible... yet YOU create a thread, blaming the Trump campaign.

It doesn't get much stupider than that.

You SPECIFICALLY said "yes, the campaign website "... when is it NOT the campaign website at all.

YOU

LIED

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Do as I say not as I do, don't worry my base will defend, deflect and deny I said anything

yes, the campaign website is encouraging the fraudulent mail in voting scheme, I guess the campaign has hired that ballot harvester from N. Carolina !

As President Donald Trump attacks the legitimacy of elections with increased mail-in voting, his campaign is trying to make it easier for supporters in Pennsylvania to request mail-in ballots for next week's primary there.

Through its website, the Trump campaign is providing Pennsylvania supporters with an easy access link to help them request ballots for next week's election. By clicking the link, supporters are prompted to enter their personal information which the website then uses to create a form that voters can send to their local election officials. The website also notes the deadline to register.

Trump has railed against efforts to boost mail-in voting as states try to keep large crowds away from the polls amid the outbreak. He's insisted there's "NO WAY" an election that sees such a rise in mail-in voting will be legitimate.

The campaign says there's no contradiction between that and the president's extensive commentary on mail-in voting, which they said was focused on the process of mailing ballots to all voters amid the coronavirus pandemic, not on individually requesting the mail-in forms.

"There’s a vast difference between people voting absentee by mail because they can’t be at the polls on Election Day versus mailing everyone a ballot," Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh told NBC News. "Sending everyone a ballot — even those who didn’t request one — is a wide open opportunity for fraud."

"While we strongly disagree with the ill-intended Democrat push for more mail-in ballots, we have an obligation to our voters to inform them of what the law is in their state and what their options are," he added.

Murtaugh did not immediately respond when asked whether the campaign is engaging in similar efforts in other states with upcoming primaries where requesting absentee ballots to vote by mail is necessary.

Both Democratic and Republican officials overseeing that process told NBC News that Trump is dead wrong and outlined the steps they take — most importantly, signature verification — to ensure the integrity of the system.

Trump's claims of voter fraud are not backed by the historical record, as officials noted, and Twitter on Tuesday attached a fact-check to the president's Twitter commentary for the first time, labeling his posts as "unsubstantiated" and linking to articles debunking the claims.

Researchers at UCLA and the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Union of Concerned Scientists, concluded that voter fraud is "not widespread" and that mail-in ballot fraud is "very rare."

Stanford University's Democracy & Polarization Lab found that universal vote-by-mail has "no impact on partisan turnout or vote share."

A California special congressional election this month determined mostly by mail-in ballots saw Republican Mike Garcia defeat Democrat Christy Smith in a district where Democrats held a registration advantage.

Critics have zeroed in on Trump himself having voted absentee through the mail, including earlier this year in Florida.

"We can't do that," the president said Tuesday of expanded mail-in voting. "Absentee is OK: You're sick. You're away. As an example, I have to do an absentee because I'm voting in Florida, and I happen to be president. I live in that very beautiful house over there that's painted white. So that's OK. And it's OK for people that are sick and they can't get up."

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, who has defended the president's commentary on mail-in voting in recent days, has voted by mail 11 times in the past decade, The Tampa Bay Times reported Wednesday.

"Absentee voting has the word absent in it for a reason," McEnany said in a statement in response. "It means you’re absent from the jurisdiction or unable to vote in person. President Trump is against the Democrat plan to politicize the coronavirus and expand mass mail-in voting without a reason, which has a high propensity for voter fraud. This is a simple distinction that the media fails to grasp."

In Pennsylvania, local GOP leaders have promoted mail-in voting, but have been met with pushback from Republican voters, Reuters reported this month.
Sad of you to blame Trump...Epic fail.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
your stupidity is noted.....

In big bold letter on the bottom of the page linked...

Paid for by the Republican National Committee. Not Authorized By Any Candidate Or Candidate's Committee.
Trump is the head of the republican party. Those big bold letters are a CYA formality.
Of course Trump authorized it.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
[

Ah let them have their fun, they really think they did something here but yet ignore everything is true - the GOP ( KING TRUMP'S PARTY ) is actively trying to help older voters get mail in ballots while the King TWEETS ABOUT THE FRAUDULENT MAIL IN BALLOTS. So they really think the King Trump campaign is different than the GOP campaign ? THEY MUST! So this time the GOP is talking about ANOTHER PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE - UGHHHHHHHH? I really don't see how they miss the gist of the article but yet when you are A DEVOTE TRUMPSTER, reading comprehension is not a strong point. Oh Well one of the ring leaders is getting close to being gone - SEE YA ![/QUOTE]

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
[

Ah let them have their fun, they really think they did something here but yet ignore everything is true - the GOP ( KING TRUMP'S PARTY ) is actively trying to help older voters get mail in ballots while the King TWEETS ABOUT THE FRAUDULENT MAIL IN BALLOTS. So they really think the King Trump campaign is different than the GOP campaign ? THEY MUST! So this time the GOP is talking about ANOTHER PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE - UGHHHHHHHH? I really don't see how they miss the gist of the article but yet when you are A DEVOTE TRUMPSTER, reading comprehension is not a strong point. Oh Well one of the ring leaders is getting close to being gone - SEE YA !
[/QUOTE]
ROFLMFAO...you made a claim it was the TRUMP CAMPAIGN....your OWN source called you a liar. You doubled down.

You're also, apparently, a fool.