• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I Had an Excuse To Be a Democrat. What's Your's ?

protectionist

Governor
I started out in my political life as a Democrat. I stayed that way for 40 years (except for registering Green Party and voting for Ralph Nader twice). Other than the 2 Nader votes, I voted for every Democrat presidential candidate from McGovern in 1972 to Obama in 2008. I was not only left, I was FAR left. I knew every word of the Communist Manifesto, and had a dozen suggestions for the fufillment of Lenin's "withering away of the state", noted in "The State & Revolution"

I read every word of the thick books of the era (60's & 70s) regarding economic class stratification ( The Rich & the Super Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg, The Power Elite by C. Wright Mills, and Who Rules America ? by Eugene Domhoff). My point of reference for everything political, was the working class. I was cool with Castro, Che Guevara, Mao, William Kuntsler, the Yippies, the Black Panthers, etc. I could on and on with this, for brevity sake, you get the idea.

But there was a BIG REASON why I was so much to the left. It was because there was a military draft back in 1964, when I turned 18 years of age. There was also the beginning of the Vietnam War, which I was adamantly opposed to (still am). So I was in the position of being forced to go into the military, with a very high probablility of being sent to Vietnam, to fire a rifle at people who never attacked the US, never threatened us, never even said an unkind word about us, and most of them probably didn't even know we existed.

You can't imagine how furious I was about this. I wound up joining the National Guard, and serving in both the US Army and Army National Guard, and managed to stay out of Vietnam, but I did serve my time, and came out with 2 honorable discharges, tinnitus caused by gunfire, and a lifetime of free medical care.

Initially, when I was 18, it was Democrats who were waging this stupid war. Lyndon Johnson was doing it, and all his henchmen were Democrats. A few years later, Nixon, a Republican (who said he was going to end the war), broke his promise and escalated the war with round the clock bombings of North Vietnam, including the use of that dreaded stuff called napalm. Luckily for me, I got out of the Army in 1969, right when Nixon was revving all this up. I then became a protestor, and from that, I morphed into a radical, not much different than what we see with Antifa today. I saw the Republicans as being too war hawkish, and as I entered college, it wasn't difficult for the leftist radicals to scoop me into their ranks.

So that is what got me into being a Democrat. I was so wrapped up in the "cause" of the left, that for decades, I somehow managed to look past the hypocrisy of Affirmative Action discrimination being accepted ( as long as blacks were the beneficiaries, and whites were the victims). I got past decades of seeing illegal immigration getting a pass from Democrats, even though I knew it was hell for American workers. Well, the Democrat leaders liked it, so I guess I had to go along.

For cryin out loud, I voted for Dukakis in 1988, even being aware of the Willie Horton furlough affair, and then voted for Bill Clinton in 1992, although I was unaware of his serial killer status at the time ( which continued on for years afterward). Hell, even the 9-11 attacks didn't stop me from voting Democrat in 2004, and 2008.

In 2009, finally I flipped, and went Independent, after Obama let Nidal Hasan massacre 13 US soldiers in Fort Hood, TX. At first, I began to make excuses for Obama, after all I voted for him, right ? There were no excuses. Against the advice and requests for dishonorable discharge for Hasan, from about every Fort Hood officer rank of Major and higher, Obama let this nutjob disobey a multitude of Army regulations for months, until he finally wound up killing 13 troops and wounded 35 more.

So now, I speak to 2020 Democrats, and I know you don't like tax cuts on the rich (I'm not crazy about it either), but all in all, Trump has done a fantastic job of fixing the US economy (sinking in Obama's last 2 years), has rebuilt the military (weakened under Obama), gotten unemployment to lowest levels in US history, gotten median wage to highest in US history, protecting our guns (yes, you need them), and reversed the process of China taking over our economy & saturating our stores with "Made in China" junk.

I know that the mainstream media has a strong grip on you guys, and you may not relaize how much of it is false, but it's time for you all to look around and not confine yourself (as I did for 40 years) to whatever is Democrat, and use that as your point of reference. The issues just don't point to supporting the Democratic party. Not for blacks, Asians, Hispanics, the disabled, the working class, or even people needing health care (join the military).

You see what got me to become Democrat, back in 1969. WHY you, now ?

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I registered independent as a teen...thinking it a designation suggesting not beholden to either the dem or repub parties. There it sits to this day.

protectionist

Governor
I registered independent as a teen...thinking it a designation suggesting not beholden to either the dem or repub parties. There it sits to this day.
It's not a bad way to be, I was Independent for quite some years, Voted for Virgil Goode for president in 2012, but registered Republicn in 2016 so i could vote fro trump in the priamry. I had the gut feeling he was going to make America great again. He has done just that. - even despite the Chinese virus.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's not a bad way to be, I was Independent for quite some years, Voted for Virgil Goode for president in 2012, but registered Republicn in 2016 so i could vote fro trump in the priamry. I had the gut feeling he was going to make America great again. He has done just that. - even despite the Chinese virus.
I guess to a degree.. financially he has. Other than that...he's helped turn, and expose america for the seething shit hole of hate that pervades all things and cripples us as a people

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I started out in my political life as a Democrat. I stayed that way for 40 years (except for registering Green Party and voting for Ralph Nader twice). Other than the 2 Nader votes, I voted for every Democrat presidential candidate from McGovern in 1972 to Obama in 2008. I was not only left, I was FAR left. I knew every word of the Communist Manifesto, and had a dozen suggestions for the fufillment of Lenin's "withering away of the state", noted in "The State & Revolution"

I read every word of the thick books of the era (60's & 70s) regarding economic class stratification ( The Rich & the Super Rich by Ferdinand Lundberg, The Power Elite by C. Wright Mills, and Who Rules America ? by Eugene Domhoff). My point of reference for everything political, was the working class. I was cool with Castro, Che Guevara, Mao, William Kuntsler, the Yippies, the Black Panthers, etc. I could on and on with this, for brevity sake, you get the idea.

But there was a BIG REASON why I was so much to the left. It was because there was a military draft back in 1964, when I turned 18 years of age. There was also the beginning of the Vietnam War, which I was adamantly opposed to (still am). So I was in the position of being forced to go into the military, with a very high probablility of being sent to Vietnam, to fire a rifle at people who never attacked the US, never threatened us, never even said an unkind word about us, and most of them probably didn't even know we existed.

You can't imagine how furious I was about this. I wound up joining the National Guard, and serving in both the US Army and Army National Guard, and managed to stay out of Vietnam, but I did serve my time, and came out with 2 honorable discharges, tinnitus caused by gunfire, and a lifetime of free medical care.

Initially, when I was 18, it was Democrats who were waging this stupid war. Lyndon Johnson was doing it, and all his henchmen were Democrats. A few years later, Nixon, a Republican (who said he was going to end the war), broke his promise and escalated the war with round the clock bombings of North Vietnam, including the use of that dreaded stuff called napalm. Luckily for me, I got out of the Army in 1969, right when Nixon was revving all this up. I then became a protestor, and from that, I morphed into a radical, not much different than what we see with Antifa today. I saw the Republicans as being too war hawkish, and as I entered college, it wasn't difficult for the leftist radicals to scoop me into their ranks.

So that is what got me into being a Democrat. I was so wrapped up in the "cause" of the left, that for decades, I somehow managed to look past the hypocrisy of Affirmative Action discrimination being accepted ( as long as blacks were the beneficiaries, and whites were the victims). I got past decades of seeing illegal immigration getting a pass from Democrats, even though I knew it was hell for American workers. Well, the Democrat leaders liked it, so I guess I had to go along.

For cryin out loud, I voted for Dukakis in 1988, even being aware of the Willie Horton furlough affair, and then voted for Bill Clinton in 1992, although I was unaware of his serial killer status at the time ( which continued on for years afterward). Hell, even the 9-11 attacks didn't stop me from voting Democrat in 2004, and 2008.

In 2009, finally I flipped, and went Independent, after Obama let Nidal Hasan massacre 13 US soldiers in Fort Hood, TX. At first, I began to make excuses for Obama, after all I voted for him, right ? There were no excuses. Against the advice and requests for dishonorable discharge for Hasan, from about every Fort Hood officer rank of Major and higher, Obama let this nutjob disobey a multitude of Army regulations for months, until he finally wound up killing 13 troops and wounded 35 more.

So now, I speak to 2020 Democrats, and I know you don't like tax cuts on the rich (I'm not crazy about it either), but all in all, Trump has done a fantastic job of fixing the US economy (sinking in Obama's last 2 years), has rebuilt the military (weakened under Obama), gotten unemployment to lowest levels in US history, gotten median wage to highest in US history, protecting our guns (yes, you need them), and reversed the process of China taking over our economy & saturating our stores with "Made in China" junk.

I know that the mainstream media has a strong grip on you guys, and you may not relaize how much of it is false, but it's time for you all to look around and not confine yourself (as I did for 40 years) to whatever is Democrat, and use that as your point of reference. The issues just don't point to supporting the Democratic party. Not for blacks, Asians, Hispanics, the disabled, the working class, or even people needing health care (join the military).

I was in the last draft and served 1972 thru 1975...I was a republican then, but couldn't bring myself to vote for Nixon in 1972...so I didn't vote. I voted for Carter because Ford had pardoned Nixon and I thought Tricky Dick should have gone to jail. Voted for Reagan in 1980, but because he wasn't a conservative and was spending like crazy...didn't vote in 1984. Voted for GHW Bush in 1988, but then worked for and voted for Perot in 1992. Clinton was doing pretty well in 1996 so I voted for him then....but worked for the McCain campaign in 2000 and couldn't stand the way W slandered him with ads about having a daughter with a black hooker....so I switched parties, since in Colorado you had to belong to a party to participate in the primary.

I was happy to vote for Obama in 2008 and 2012...and worked for his campaigns both times.

So as to your praise for Trump....

What was the unemployment rate when Trump took office? 4.5%. At it's best Trump got it down another 1%...to 3.5%.

And then there is that wonderful economy....I guess not if you were a soybean farmer, eh? We were seeing GDP growth between 2% and 3% during Obama's 8 years...guess what we are seeing now? Between 2% and 3%...except for a brief bump due to Trump's tax cuts.

1603228695408.png

Trump's budgets managed to push deficits to $1 trillion per year before Covid...now it is $3 trillion.

Then there are the signs of Trump's lack of an understanding of reality...
Do windmills cause cancer?
Is Osama Bin Laden dead or was it a body double?
Did Obama or Biden kill Seal Team 6 to hide the fact that Bin Laden wasn't dead?

The list of tweets or comments from Trump that show he's unhinged are all over...Does it make sense to say you can grab women by their pussies? Is it reality that 225,000 dead Americans is doing well? Was it wise to throw the Kurds, our allies, under the bus and let the Turks kill them?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I hold the MISeducation system partially responsible for that. Especially for the unjust hatred shown to our police.
What do you blame for your belief in the Clinton death list? Could be a blow to the head or drug usage....but there is no evidence implicating the Clintons in any of those deaths...The origins of the list was a woman who couldn't make it as a lawyer and came up with a way to milk the right wing conspiracy lovers for every penny.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

Why are you and the other fake Trump defenders are touting that he has done so much for the economy, what do you think about the deficit? And the only tax cuts that he has given
Are those that benefit people like him. But that wasn’t enough, was it? He’s a tax cheat, he has stolen from charities and God knows what all. He wants to be sure that he wins again for four more years because he knows he could be charged with many crimes that they can’t charge him with now because he is the president.
Do you think your long winded speech Here is going to change anyone’s mind about not voting for him, think again.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I guess to a degree.. financially he has. Other than that...he's helped turn, and expose america for the seething shit hole of hate that pervades all things and cripples us as a people
Financially we are $3 trillion in debt, thanks to the big spender Donald Trump. Open your eyes and see how much he is profiting from being the president and getting by with using his presidency to make money for his failed businesses. As far as shit hole countries he is the one who started that BS. He has turned United States into a shit hole country that is for sure.

4/15

Mayor

What you did was to not think! Thank the military for that condition. If you had been able to think you would have been a better human. You don't just pull the lever for dem because it is there you should have a full understanding and commitment to the person you vote for!

4/15

Mayor
I hold the MISeducation system partially responsible for that. Especially for the unjust hatred shown to our police.
What you seem to miss is that police used to be every one's friend when they walked a beat. Now they drive by and could care less if your mom was sick. They have made themselves into monsters of hate.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Financially we are $3 trillion in debt, thanks to the big spender Donald Trump. Open your eyes and see how much he is profiting from being the president and getting by with using his presidency to make money for his failed businesses. As far as shit hole countries he is the one who started that BS. He has turned United States into a shit hole country that is for sure.
We're waaay over 3 trillion. Pretend it's just trump...that's cute. Tired. But cute.

I thought he was broke? Now he's rich again? Jeebus. Cant keep up.

protectionist

Governor
I was in the last draft and served 1972 thru 1975...I was a republican then, but couldn't bring myself to vote for Nixon in 1972...so I didn't vote. I voted for Carter because Ford had pardoned Nixon and I thought Tricky Dick should have gone to jail. Voted for Reagan in 1980, but because he wasn't a conservative and was spending like crazy...didn't vote in 1984. Voted for GHW Bush in 1988, but then worked for and voted for Perot in 1992. Clinton was doing pretty well in 1996 so I voted for him then....but worked for the McCain campaign in 2000 and couldn't stand the way W slandered him with ads about having a daughter with a black hooker....so I switched parties, since in Colorado you had to belong to a party to participate in the primary.

I was happy to vote for Obama in 2008 and 2012...and worked for his campaigns both times.

So as to your praise for Trump....

What was the unemployment rate when Trump took office? 4.5%. At it's best Trump got it down another 1%...to 3.5%.

And then there is that wonderful economy....I guess not if you were a soybean farmer, eh? We were seeing GDP growth between 2% and 3% during Obama's 8 years...guess what we are seeing now? Between 2% and 3%...except for a brief bump due to Trump's tax cuts.

View attachment 57426

Trump's budgets managed to push deficits to $1 trillion per year before Covid...now it is $3 trillion.

Then there are the signs of Trump's lack of an understanding of reality...
Do windmills cause cancer?
Is Osama Bin Laden dead or was it a body double?
Did Obama or Biden kill Seal Team 6 to hide the fact that Bin Laden wasn't dead?

The list of tweets or comments from Trump that show he's unhinged are all over...Does it make sense to say you can grab women by their pussies? Is it reality that 225,000 dead Americans is doing well? Was it wise to throw the Kurds, our allies, under the bus and let the Turks kill them?
1. So you were "happy to work for" a guy who facilitated the massacre of 13 US Army troops & wounded 35 more ? Wow. Speechless.

2. If your numbers are right 4.5% to 3.5% is an awful lot of people having jobs instead of bein unemployed. And don't forget the lowest unemployment for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, the disabled, and folks without high school diploma, in US history. Lowest for women in 70 years.

3. Doesn't really make too strong a point to cherry pick at ONE industry -soybeans (among thousands) and then complain

4. During Obama's first 6 years, America was undergoing post-recession recoil. GDPs would have been good no matter who was president. After that wore off, Obama's GDP's were a sinking ship, rescued by Trump, as the well-known V GRAPH of 2015-2018 clearly shows, Ho hum. Obama fans should know better than to talk about GDP, but then they are information-deprived liberals confined to liberal OMISSION media and lying universities.

5. Covid is the result of Democrat collusion with China who together manufactured the virus (not a product of nature) in the Wuhan labs. Democrat blame, not Trump.
Whistleblower Dr. Li Meng Yan blew the lid off of it.

6. As typical, you pick up trash from the fake news media, and repeat it as if it were true. Trump did NOT say >>> "you can grab women by their pussies" YOU said that. what Trump said was referring to what some people can get away with because they are CELEBRITIES. You changed the meaning to make it become a Trump bash. What else is new ?

7. If you're an opponent of Trump, Covid is not a subject you want to be talking about.
a. He has REDUCED the DEATH RATE 90% since April. HUGE SUCCESS.
b. the CDC reports 206,000, not 225,000
c. the 206,000 listed by the CDC are deaths "INVOLVING" Covid, not necessarily FROM Covid - this a person killed in a car accident is listed a as Covid death if they had the infection at time of death. same goes for thousands of deaths from cancer, heart disease, pnuemonia, shootings, etc True number is about 10,000 far less than the flu.

8. as for the Turks, consider both sides. You want to go to war against the Turks ? Easy for you to sit on the sidelines and coach. Not so much for POTUS. Get it ?

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
We're waaay over 3 trillion. Pretend it's just trump...that's cute. Tired. But cute.

I thought he was broke? Now he's rich again? Jeebus. Cant keep up.
No we're not. I repeat. We don't owe China a dime. Without tens of thousands of American deaths in WW 2, China wouldn't even exist right now.

Secondly, there is the coronavirus which China attacked the US with, an act of war. They will never be able to repay us.

protectionist

Governor
What do you blame for your belief in the Clinton death list? Could be a blow to the head or drug usage....but there is no evidence implicating the Clintons in any of those deaths...The origins of the list was a woman who couldn't make it as a lawyer and came up with a way to milk the right wing conspiracy lovers for every penny.
You are DUPED. There is MOUNTAINS of OBVIOUS evidence in the list of DOZENS of murders committed by the Clintons, There is absolutely no doubt of their guilt. You're just a shameless, warped lackey for a couple of disgusting, serial killers who should have been locked up decades ago, and only have been able to remain free by their long reign of high positions of political power, killing witnesses shortly before being scheduled to testify against the Clintons (many examples), and their intimidation of other witnesses.

The "origins of the list" is the Clintons themselves, and their willingness to do anything to preserve their positions of power. I imagine you've never actually read the list, and have no clue what's in it. Maybe this should be my next QUIZ for Liberals.

Your denial of all this, is one of the most heinous examples of the left looking the other way at serious crime involving those whom they deem to be their allies. Pretty bad when you have to ally yourself with people like this. Shows how low the left really is.

protectionist

Governor
Why are you and the other fake Trump defenders are touting that he has done so much for the economy, what do you think about the deficit? And the only tax cuts that he has given
Are those that benefit people like him. But that wasn’t enough, was it? He’s a tax cheat, he has stolen from charities and God knows what all. He wants to be sure that he wins again for four more years because he knows he could be charged with many crimes that they can’t charge him with now because he is the president.
Do you think your long winded speech Here is going to .1 think again.
FALSE! The Trump tax cut were across the board. Middle class and poor as well as rich. you are uninformed. You also don't know the tax code. ever hear of a deduction > Charitablee contributions ? liberals are clueless about business.

All you're doing here is repeating the absurd propaganda you get fed from the leftist looney fake media. Ho hum.

Oh. and my "speech" informing you of what your liberal OMISSION media hides from you, certainly won't change your mind about Trump. No, Of course not. You are too far gone in the depths of leftist propaganda, to ever come back to reality.

So since you didn't answer the question of the OP, I'll answer it for you. You don't HAVE ANY EXCUSE for being a Democrat.

protectionist

Governor
No we are NOT $3 trillion in debt. Much of that is Chinese. Are you so warped that you think we, in the US, owe China one stinking dime ? How disoriented can you be ?
See Post # 15 and get informed.

protectionist

Governor
What you did was to not think! Thank the military for that condition. If you had been able to think you would have been a better human. You don't just pull the lever for dem because it is there you should have a full understanding and commitment to the person you vote for!
I don't need coaching from you. I'll be YOUR coach.

protectionist

Governor
What you seem to miss is that police used to be every one's friend when they walked a beat. Now they drive by and could care less if your mom was sick. They have made themselves into monsters of hate.
NO, the anti-police, leftist IDIOT media has made them into monsters of hate, and you are gullible enough to fall for it. Each instance of police brutality we're seeing lately, is no greater than at any time before. The media and Democrat politicians use this theme every 4 years, to gin up VOTES for Democrats, and you fall for it.

When cops went from walking a beat to mostly driving , was 60 years ago.

And most of the police shootings of so-called "unarmed" black men are JUSTIFIED. And you don't know WHY they're justified, do you ? Of course not. That's because like I said, "our" MISeducation system, run by liberals who are clueless about guns, law enforcement, and criminal law, don't teach you about how to behave in police confrontations.

85% of high school graduate don't know that it is a CRIME to punch somebody.

95% don't know that when being confronted/questioned by police, they are compelled to shoot you, if your hands disappear from their view (SOP taught in ever police academy in America). Almost every "unarmed" black guy we keep hearing about who was shot by cops, got shot because the ignorant putz let his hands disappear. (Jason Blake, Terrence Crutcher, Philando Castille, Daniel Shaver, etc)
I blame the schools. Liberals are clueless.