• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I have to tip my hat at these mods

I really haven't been posting here regularly for a while and came back just to see if any of us are still alive. Looks like most of us are still around but I cannot believe the civility here, its impressive. The mods obviously took all of us former Ballot Box flamethrowers, Rickle's wannabes, pre-pubescent mental midgets and overall rabble rousers and turned them into mature adults. To be honest, I did not expect it of this crew. I read some of the posts they put in about bans. Wow. I dare say if I hung around here much I would not be able to refrain from breaking the rules myself given the nature of some of these bans. But hooray for them, I am impressed and will do my best to be a good little woolleybugger.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I really haven't been posting here regularly for a while and came back just to see if any of us are still alive. Looks like most of us are still around but I cannot believe the civility here, its impressive. The mods obviously took all of us former Ballot Box flamethrowers, Rickle's wannabes, pre-pubescent mental midgets and overall rabble rousers and turned them into mature adults. To be honest, I did not expect it of this crew. I read some of the posts they put in about bans. Wow. I dare say if I hung around here much I would not be able to refrain from breaking the rules myself given the nature of some of these bans. But hooray for them, I am impressed and will do my best to be a good little woolleybugger.
sigh.

i miss it.

a good flame thrower.. kwim?

sit, stay a while.

sigh.

i miss it.

sit, stay a while.
Well, we were rude, crude and outrageous but we all like each other anyway. Some of us have been abusing each other for a long time, it gets to be a habit. For instance, there is no way me and JD are going to have an adult conversation online without one of us crossing a line. In person, we have a ball. Online, we play our little online virtual games in a harmless form of amusement. I know it is childish, idiotic and stupid but habits die hard. Now Dawgie, I think he is the old Dawgie devil from BB anyway, deserves punishment. I try to punish him every time he responds unless he needs advice on how to slaughter pigs, then we are on the same page. What I notice though is the humor has gone here, lighten it up a bit. I meant what I said though, you guys have done a great job cleaning this place up. Just have to ask yourself if you like drinking in a clean house or a dingy bar.

sigh.

i miss it.

sit, stay a while.
Well, we were rude, crude and outrageous but we all like each other anyway. Some of us have been abusing each other for a long time, it gets to be a habit. For instance, there is no way me and JD are going to have an adult conversation online without one of us crossing a line. In person, we have a ball. Online, we play our little online virtual games in a harmless form of amusement. I know it is childish, idiotic and stupid but habits die hard. Now Dawgie, I think he is the old Dawgie devil from BB anyway, deserves punishment. I try to punish him every time he responds unless he needs advice on how to slaughter pigs, then we are on the same page. What I notice though is the humor has gone here, lighten it up a bit. I meant what I said though, you guys have done a great job cleaning this place up. Just have to ask yourself if you like drinking in a clean house or a dingy bar.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I miss BB.

we could pull it off here.. if only for some peoples inability to control themselves just enough..

and I like drinking in the divey-est bars..

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
BB was a blast and of course everyone enjoys jerking othets chains, but, we have to like each other since we have been doing it since 2003. Nope, just 'Dawg' since 2003 wherever I may post, I do remember Dawgie Devil.

Someone that didn't have pork does this weekend, black devils came out before dust and got dusted and now ground pork.........….add pepper & sage for frying.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
BB was a blast and of course everyone enjoys jerking othets chains, but, we have to like each other since we have been doing it since 2003. Nope, just 'Dawg' since 2003 wherever I may post, I do remember Dawgie Devil.

Someone that didn't have pork does this weekend, black devils came out before dust and got dusted and now ground pork.........….add pepper & sage for frying.
there was a Junk Yard Dog too to my recollection. or was that you?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
doggie devil lives in Washington state, I still chat with him from time to time, he picks on zuckerburg over on Facebook

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
we could pull it off here.. if only for some peoples inability to control themselves just enough.
Unfortunately, the "some people" unable to control themselves have driven away some other people who preferred civil conversation to being bullied. The shame of that being they'd finally had enough and left right in the middle of an effort to raise standards around here.

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the "some people" unable to control themselves have driven away some other people who preferred civil conversation to being bullied. The shame of that being they'd finally had enough right and left right in the middle of an effort to raise standards around here.
Well, they ought come back. Tell em we've been holding the fort awaiting their return

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
Well, they ought come back. Tell em we've been holding the fort awaiting their return
i've encouraged two with whom i'm in contact outside of PJ to come back. For the time being, at least, neither can take it here anymore. It only takes a couple of ignorant bullies to ruin the experience for everyone of intelligence and sensitivity. That the two most offensive louts were banned permanently not long ago has helped a lot. Some remain, though.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
i've encouraged two with whom i'm in contact outside of PJ to come back. For the time being, at least, neither can take it here anymore. It only takes a couple of ignorant bullies to ruin the experience for everyone of intelligence and sensitivity. That the two most offensive louts were banned permanently not long ago has helped a lot. Some remain, though.
who?

you know gorn captain..? all are welcome..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Don't try and hide it. We all know about the PJ dungeon.
yea, but you got it all wrong.. jacuzzi, wet bar, the whole bit. we had to suspend the masseuse due to the covid n all..

I had you on the short list for membership....but now you blew it.. we'll have to move the location, again..