• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I know criticism is coming

write on

Senator
Fine - you do you.

If Trump had made that trade you'd say exactly what I am saying now. It was a publicity stunt and a very poor deal.
I see where this is going. Let's not get into a tit for tat and derail the thread, ok?

What the Whelan family thinks about the swap is paramount.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Paul Whelan is sitting in a Russian prison. I'd say the same thing if I were in his shoes.

But you can bet that he doesn't have the details of the negotiations and most likely told lies from his captors about said negotiations.
So what his brother thinks matters but the guy actually in a Russian prison doesn't.

OK.

PNWest

He's a Russian named Vladimir Zherebenkov.

Given what I said above about Whelan being told lies and the ruthlessness of the Russian regime, do you agree?
I think you are going way off track of this discussion.

The deal Biden made is the central issue here - not what Whelan was told or what his brother thinks. The fact is that Biden traded The Merchant of Death for a small time pot smoker. Certainly not of equal value - right?

write on

Senator
I think you are going way off track of this discussion.
Here we go...accusing me of derailing the thread when it's you that's doing it- as I pointed out above.

The deal Biden made is the central issue here - not what Whelan was told or what his brother thinks. The fact is that Biden traded The Merchant of Death for a small time pot smoker. Certainly not of equal value - right?
That's your opinion. And we all know what they say about them. You have no idea what's said in the negotiations. His brother does and is- although disappointed that his brother wasn't part of the swap, he is someone that I'll take the word of before someone posting on a debate forum.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Here we go...accusing me of derailing the thread when it's you that's doing it- as I pointed out above.

That's your opinion. And we all know what they say about them. You have no idea what's said in the negotiations. His brother does and is- although disappointed that his brother wasn't part of the swap, he is someone that I'll take the word of before someone posting on a debate forum.
Can't believe leftist are praising Biden for trading one of the world top Terrorist for a gay doper roundball player!

As for Whelan his Dishonorable Discharge from the Marines tell the story of who he is.

PNWest

That's OK - you are entitled to your opinion. The facts remain - Biden exchanged one of the most dangerous men in the world at least according to according to the former chief of operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for a pot smoking basketball player. And you think that was a good deal. I don't.

You are right that I have no idea what was said during the negotiations - but I can see what the results were. A pretty one sided deal.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I think that Biden should never have made that deal. If your are going to exchange someone an arms dealer known as "The Merchant of Death" you ought to have gotten a much bigger fish than a pot smoking woman's basketball player. Like say this guy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director)

Face it this was just a publicity stunt and it hurts America down the line because it shows that we will swap truly evil prisoners for minor criminals.
Hey, that’s a choice that was available - not making any deal and allowing Griner to rot away in a gulag. It’s a matter of values. I would not have made that choice, and you would.

write on

Senator
That's OK - you are entitled to your opinion. The facts remain - Biden exchanged one of the most dangerous men in the world at least according to according to the former chief of operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for a pot smoking basketball player. And you think that was a good deal. I don't.
It's not "my opinion". It's what the family says about the negotiations. And like I said, I'll take 'their' opinion any day over yours.

You are right that I have no idea what was said during the negotiations - but I can see what the results were. A pretty one sided deal.
You don't know what the end results are because the negotiations are ongoing.

PNWest

Hey, that’s a choice that was available - not making any deal and allowing Griner to rot away in a gulag. It’s a matter of values. I would not have made that choice, and you would.
As I said in an earlier post - That's OK - you are entitled to your opinion. The facts remain - Biden exchanged one of the most dangerous men in the world at least according to according to the former chief of operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for a pot smoking basketball player. And you think that was a good deal. I don't.

PNWest

It's not "my opinion". It's what the family says about the negotiations. And like I said, I'll take 'their' opinion any day over yours.

You don't know what the end results are because the negotiations are ongoing.
I do know that they can't exchange "The Merchant of Death" any more. What a trade!

Bugsy McGurk

President
If Biden manages to exchange some minor Russian hoodlum for Whelan then I'll be glad to congratulate him on the deal. But the deal he cut for Griner was abysmal. She had done nothing worse than a misdemeanor if that and was exchanged for "one of the most dangerous men on the face of the Earth " according to the former chief of operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

You think that was a good trade? It was just another Biden failure.
As I said above, we value our citizens far more than Russia does, and Russia knows that. An “even swap” is a fantasy. The negotiators live in the real world.